Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I have bought Diablo 3, for PC, PS4, and Switch

I have bought XCOM 2 for PS4 and Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Shrecknet posted:

I've seen every Resident Evil movie in theaters

They are very good but shame about that last reboot

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

I have like 5 copies of vice city/san andreas by now and almost as many of GTA V lol gently caress you rockstar release a new game PS5 version of RDR2 already

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's baffling that there is no PS5 update for RDR2, or TLOU 2 for that matter.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

That's hosed up

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I think RE4 is my most bought game at 3 copies, Gamecube Wii and Switch. Runners up are the Souls games and Sekiro where I double dipped on PC for replays.

Shrecknet posted:

I have never bought a resident evil

I played 7 only on steam, but it was gifted

my hands are clean

You have three, pretty soon four REmakes and an RE8 on your backlog (they're on your backlog now, I put them there). You are blessed.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Dragon's Dogma on PS3 and 360, Dark Arisen on ps3 and ps4, would have been switch too but I got sick of joycon drift

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think Ive bought skyrim 5 times and I don't even like it that much. I only finished it once and that was a launch.

I also don't even currently have a copy of skyrim except the PCVR one lol. I could play it on Gamepass if I wanted though. I don't

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Vikar Jerome posted:

Do u have a pc

Yea I do, I take it there's some mods for the FF7 PC release that I should check out?

Edit: Speaking of RE4 it's $8 on the PSN store right now. You can buy it and 5 for $8 apiece. There's technically a 3 pack of 4,5,6 but 6 isn't worth the $4 extra you'd pay.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 21, 2022

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

mcmagic posted:

The sneaking parks of Requiem seem a bit harder and more frustrating than the previous game. It's also just a pain in the rear end to kill most of the enemies.

Yeah, seriously! I just got to chapter V and I was telling my son watching me play how frustrating the enemy encounters are. The helmeted dudes are basically invincible? They all have laser vision and can see you from really far away even if you’re crouched, semi-behind stuff, and in shadows. It all feels very gamey. It’s not so much a stealth action game as it is a puzzle game where the puzzle is how do I kill/evade/disable each enemy in my way. Which just starts feeling really, really forced after one too many deaths.

But this is cool as gently caress:

https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1583485567647748101?s=46&t=XrXMt-ecGjp8hkl8Rp5wvw

The scene at the end of chapter IV where the rats destroy the entire city in the most metal ways possible was one hell of a showcase of their engine’s abilities. Frame rate held up ok too. I feel like with just a few optimization tweaks to the engine this could be much smoother. Just pare down the LOD a bit in the periphery and distance and I’m sure it’d be better.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Cowman posted:

Yea I do, I take it there's some mods for the FF7 PC release that I should check out?

Yeah from proper translation, detailed chibi models, fmv model replacement, high resolution tweaked ai background upscaling that looks incredible and even one that adds new stuff in with correct context, like an enhanced edition, i think its called new threat, full screen battles. Widescreen

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah from proper translation, detailed chibi models, fmv model replacement, high resolution tweaked ai background upscaling that looks incredible and even one that adds new stuff in with correct context, like an enhanced edition, i think its called new threat, full screen battles. Widescreen

Sick, I'll have to look those up whenever I play FF7 again. Thanks for the info!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

if you replace the chibi field models in FF7 with realistically-proportioned ones you are a disgusting coward

look at this filth

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol I bought Persona 5 for the fifth(!) time today on PC

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Some Requiem screenshots. I dunno if they’re even spoilers since they just look like marketing pics but I’ll tag them. Game is very pretty. I think my theme with screenshots is going to be, “animals that are food.” This includes humans.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Oh yeah I guess that’s free on Xbox GP now huh

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

imhotep posted:

Where’s the shield in Tunic?? I don’t know where to go, or I get owned by the spear guy with the long robes.

In the old house (it has a bed in it), explore it thoroughly.

Jesus, don't look up guides for this game. I found an IGN page that showed where to find the shield and then in the next sentence spoiled an extremely relevant thing (do not read this if you haven't beaten the game): how to open the doors with lines on them

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 21, 2022

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Escobarbarian posted:

Oh yeah I guess that’s free on Xbox GP now huh

I bought it on Steam for PS gamepad icons and borderless windowed mode (which are not worth it by any stretch of the imagination), lmao

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Augus posted:

if you replace the chibi field models in FF7 with realistically-proportioned ones you are a disgusting coward

look at this filth

What grosses me out is the high-res models clashing with the low-res background. IME rendering PS1 games at high resolution usually looks nasty, so many games of that era lean on 2D elements to free up rendering budget for 3D models and at high res everything clashes. A nice compromise is rendering at like 8x native resolution and then downscaling it back to native res. Gets you the original look but with basically perfect anti-aliasing. Slap a nice CRT filter on that (developers at the time were still often relying on CRT subpixel arrangement and artifacts caused by lossy analog video connections, e.g. it makes FF7's backgrounds look softer and less pixelated) and baby you got a stew going

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Arist posted:

You know what they call Persona 5 on PC?

Persona 5 Royale with cheese

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

re7 is the worst re game (that i've played) (i haven't played 5 or 6)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Augus posted:

look at this filth

Yeah but theres proper detailed chibi models which look good against the ai upscaled bg's

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

roomtone posted:

what

Electromax
May 6, 2007
proper detailed chibi models

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Yea pal

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

roomtone posted:

y'all got anything that isn't a shallow, inflammatory drive-by hot take

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
laughing at this guy being like “oh I’m so sowwy I didn’t realise I was being negative!!!!!” when a mod shows up and then going right back to shitposting immediately afterwards

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

the jack poo poo is good, but it should have been a smaller game focused on the downfall of this particular family. the entire game after jack exits (and i know re-enters but in a dumb tyrant way) is just stupid crap. the lucas trap zone is probably the worst section of any re game since re7, which isn't a wide spread i know but this was their relaunch and imo they fumbled the ball badly.

then re2 remake came out, pretty much perfect, then re3 remake which cut out all of the moments that would make it memorable and installed another sewer level, but it was still pretty decent

then - and this one i think is gonna be controversial - re8 came out which was the funniest loving game i've ever played. i absolutely love re8. it even gets scary in the italian lady's house, then goes straight back to comedy.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
yall peasants thinkin a triple dip is somehow like buyin a game a lot hahahahaha

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
no re8 is hilarious front to back i loved every second of it

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

roomtone posted:

Agreed. Though I haven't played 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 8. On a related note: re7 is the best re game

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I bought RE2 just now for 20 buckaroos (the standard version is only $12 right now as well) despite being a scared little pissbaby who will probably never play much of it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
RE7 is spoopy as hell in VR

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

acksplode posted:

What grosses me out is the high-res models clashing with the low-res background. IME rendering PS1 games at high resolution usually looks nasty, so many games of that era lean on 2D elements to free up rendering budget for 3D models and at high res everything clashes. A nice compromise is rendering at like 8x native resolution and then downscaling it back to native res. Gets you the original look but with basically perfect anti-aliasing. Slap a nice CRT filter on that (developers at the time were still often relying on CRT subpixel arrangement and artifacts caused by lossy analog video connections, e.g. it makes FF7's backgrounds look softer and less pixelated) and baby you got a stew going

everyone uses remako now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxjLw8TxyEs&t=56s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A59EfdSFM3U

this is the chibi mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X0Iv8hiqJU

bonus fmv model replacement magic mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZk73ePexSw&t=37s#

theres also a proper full 60fps that came out recently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH0EnIDsktI

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 21, 2022

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

roomtone posted:

then - and this one i think is gonna be controversial - re8 came out which was the funniest loving game i've ever played. i absolutely love re8. it even gets scary in the italian lady's house, then goes straight back to comedy.

this is the least controversial thing you could’ve said, that the game with a Nicholas Cage impersonator as one of the villains is funny

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

everyone uses remako now

It looks way cool, I'd be using it if I had any interest in replaying FF7 lol. I wish FF Tactics had a kind of lame PC port that could get a community to mod it to perfection.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Persona 5 is epic

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the ninostyle models look like poo poo to me tbh

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There's an upscale/HD mod for FF9 and despite it being acclaimed, it totally ruins the scene where Zidane and Vivi bond by pissing off a cliff and therefore should never be used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Shrecknet posted:

I have never bought a resident evil

I played 7 only on steam, but it was gifted

my hands are clean

this is so dirty it made me make the same face as your avatar irl