Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

this is somehow unsurprising from the culture that gave us lutefisk

you mean surstrømming. lutefisk is norway's thing, and we've never done that insane banana on pizza-thing that the swedes insists on :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

i knew before i googled that was scotland

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

this is actually what all americans eat daily. they cover it with corn syrup, too. then they shoot it.
trying to think of "the most american" food and what comes to mind is Frito pie, where you dump chili and cheese into a bag of fritos, and it absolutely owns

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

it's always amazing seeing like a £7 frozen sausage on a slice of white bread from a uk stadium, and comparing it to the three euro massive-hotdog-and-soup combos from european places

https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1511027890909061125?s=20&t=fMGFd26oAyUcGJ8TDhBGjA

lol

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

All time great album

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

aw frig aw dang it posted:

*nervously shoving tater tot casserole under a rug*

haha yeah ... those fucks
Look, I understand there are cultural differences in language but that'a no excuse for thoughtlessly throwing around offensive terms. We don't use the C word around here.

It's a hot dish.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a.p. dent posted:

All time great album

:yeah:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I don't even like soccer and this account is amazing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a_mX6pUYw0&t=5s

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

people say british people stole all the spices just to never use them but it's even worse they use them wrong. they know the spices are good it just doesn't go on a tatty scon hp sauce bangers and a tomato with salt and pepper and they are not going to learn the right way

pls respect british indians and theyre wonderful cuisine. however all "traditional" british food is pure slop.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

trying to think of "the most american" food and what comes to mind is Frito pie, where you dump chili and cheese into a bag of fritos, and it absolutely owns

The most american food is KFC

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

the most american food is the stuff they sell at state/county fairs

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I thought that was an eclair until I read the caption

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Drinkslinger posted:

I thought that was an eclair until I read the caption

Yeah I don’t know wtf I’m lookin at here

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Stux posted:

pls respect british indians and theyre wonderful cuisine. however all "traditional" british food is pure slop.

There used to be a place that sold exclusively cornish pasties and it owned. Traditional cornish pasty, bangers and mash cornish pasty, chicken tikka cornish pasty.... Celtic peoples saving british cuisine yet again. And Madone fish and chips!!! All improved by being in New England instead of old England of course.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Stux posted:

i don't know how to explain that british indians were not the ones to put curry into cream of mushroom soup and then onto rice

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I don’t know wtf I’m lookin at here

its bur tn

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Stux posted:

its bur tn

i think it;s pronounced "brih tun" fyi

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

UK food chat. My wife was at a big company event last night at a smart venue in East London. This was the food.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

smellmycheese posted:

UK food chat. My wife was at a big company event last night at a smart venue in East London. This was the food.

Jesus Christ

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Is this what austerity looks like???

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This was apparently a “chicken kebab wrap” and cost £6.50

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Literally A Person posted:

Is this what austerity looks like???

You have not yet began to austere.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I was very confused by the use of the word 'gammon' itt because in australian aboriginal english it just means 'fake' and i have no idea if these two concepts are actually related or not

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I was very confused by the use of the word 'gammon' itt because in australian aboriginal english it just means 'fake' and i have no idea if these two concepts are actually related or not

It comes from a particular subset of white right wing boomer English men who resemble a boiled ham

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

There used to be a place that sold exclusively cornish pasties and it owned. Traditional cornish pasty, bangers and mash cornish pasty, chicken tikka cornish pasty.... Celtic peoples saving british cuisine yet again. And Madone fish and chips!!! All improved by being in New England instead of old England of course.

cornish pasties are great, that sounds amazing

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

smellmycheese posted:

It comes from a particular subset of white right wing boomer English men who resemble a boiled ham

both of those hams appear to be baked/roasted

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

British savoury cooking is beyond redemption but our cakes are pretty good. Can't go wrong with a cream tea

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

smellmycheese posted:

drat, sounds like she got owned

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

What loving plonker would accept a Meaty Treat burnt to cinders like that?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

old bean factory posted:

What loving plonker would accept a Meaty Treat burnt to cinders like that?

The best thing about these "regional" foods is however bad you gently caress it up you can just be like nah that's how we do them here

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

smellmycheese posted:

lolled at the sheer audacity of this

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

That's burnt?? Lmfao I thought it was a layer of chocolate

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

smellmycheese posted:

go google image search "norweigan hotdog" rn and see the truth: this was clearly a regional treat

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

strong britain, great nation

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

smellmycheese posted:

does it come that loose or was it unwrapped for the photo... it wouldn't make it taste better but at least wrap the 'wrap'

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
the scandanavians have the entire world beat when it comes to bad food. those people are freaks

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

smellmycheese posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJZ86fdeK3o

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the Regional American Food twitter account is a good follow

https://twitter.com/RegionalUSFood/status/1583450530746990597

this is actually what all americans eat daily. they cover it with corn syrup, too. then they shoot it.

look we all know how terrible American food is. that's why none of us actually eat it except for burgers and breakfast. everyone i know would rather eat literally any other kind of food lol. i think everyone I know has a story about being tortured with a relatives awful tuna casserole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tunicate posted:

The most american food is KFC drinking melted butter.

fun hater posted:

the scandanavians have the entire world beat when it comes to bad food. those people are freaks