Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/ProMediaRes1/status/1583060519908696066

It's fifteen seconds long idk why you need to be exhorted to wait for it

Absent other contexts I probably wouldn't continue to watch more than 2 seconds of the video that I recognized wasn't in my native language without a notice to wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/adamwren/status/1582940664631033856

hmmmmm

HMMMMMMMMM

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well Franco's in a fiery pit right now so :shrug:

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

quote:

Who is to say if we were both there in the same place and time, that we wouldn't have done the same thing.
lmao

Amazing how their lizard brains really understand fascism deep down, but just draw insane conclusions from it.

cat botherer fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 20, 2022

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Yeah in Japan

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

cat botherer posted:

lmao

Amazing how their lizard brains really understand fascism deep down, but just draw insane conclusions from it.

Like, if I had lived in the "right" time and place then yeah, maybe I would have been a Nazi. But guess what, actual me would be totally okay calling that hypothetical me evil.

Because hypothetical me would have been, you know, a loving Nazi.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I believe people are wholly products of their genetics and their upbringing and the various random occurrences that happen throughout and probably if I had been a Southern antebellum aristocrat, I'd've probably been fine with slavery. If I'd've ridden along side the great Khans I'd probably be okay with putting every person in a Chinese city that resisted my army to the sword. Really my "enlightened" perspective is a product of having the capacity to think critically - which I had nothing to do with - and the privledge of broad education and experience that taught me the things I did - also something I had nothing to do with. Ta Nahesi Coates had an article that came at this from the other side, responding to modern African Americans who assert there's no way that they'd've been slaves, they would've risen up and broken their chains, and the conclusion was: well some did that and almost to a man were killed but you don't understand what it's like to be born into bondage and live your life in it.

It's why I don't see much utility in accountability for long dead historical figures, except when they are being used for modern political or ethical arguments. But from our perspective, the first person that we would consider to have modern ideas about race and gender and sexuality was born after 1950. Abe Lincoln was a staunch abolitionist but he didn't think that black people were on the same level as white people.

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 20, 2022

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

mobby_6kl posted:

The second one died.

Bonar law is harsh but fair; terminal throat cancer for a politician.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/1583506004007788558

woo boy that is cursed

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
i guess the resistance grifter convention is in town

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

good lord I don't know who 99% of those people are, but I can't stand the Jeff Tiedrich guy because his twitter feed is like the definition of banal and he's constantly upvoted on imgur while I'm trying to find funny cat pics to send to my wife

zoux posted:

But from our perspective, the first person that we would consider to have modern ideas about race and gender and sexuality was born after 1950.

not to nitpick this too much, but race being the social and legal construct that it is probably wasn't as big a deal in some societies prior to codification by white slavers and there have been societies or groups with fluid genders and permissiveness related to sexuality. All of these things existing in one person prior to 1950 is very likely in my mind, though this person might have been persecuted or murdered for their race/gender/sexuality at the time and this would certainly bias our written record.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mauser posted:

good lord I don't know who 99% of those people are, but I can't stand the Jeff Tiedrich guy because his twitter feed is like the definition of banal and he's constantly upvoted on imgur while I'm trying to find funny cat pics to send to my wife

They’re all just as annoying as him. Every single one.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/nLfEJAu.mp4

quote:

A member of the Good Liars, a duo of political pranksters, interrupted a campaign event for Senate candidate Herschel Walker on Thursday to hand him a package of condoms.

Comedian Jason Selvig was face to face with the former football star at the event in Macon, Georgia, as he offered him several blue-packaged condoms. In footage of the confrontation, an irritated Walker can be seen putting a hand on Selvig’s chest, saying something, but his exact words weren’t captured.

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Mauser posted:

@mmpadellan is that "Brooklyn Dad Defiant" rear end in a top hat

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Mauser posted:

I was pretty stupefied that that's the father of katie tiedrich, who is more known for making dumb video game comics on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyr34L56mKk

videos, technically an picture running at around 24 frames per second

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

God I’m repulsed by the sorority squat.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Can you find Satan and witchcraft in this mural for a teen health center? Also LGBTQ+ "propaganda."

So there is a mask that some morons have claimed is a depiction of Satan and a hamsa hand the aformentioned morons have claimed is a witchcraft symbol. That with the pro-LGBTQ+ bits have the morons saying the mural has an "anti-Christian message."

Here is the news story. A high school student in Michigan painted this in a teen health center after winning a competition. A flock of idiots descended on a school board meeting over the mural, successfully driving the artist to tears and intimidating the school board into making the artist paint over parts of it.

quote:

"It's discrimination against Christian beliefs," one man said during public comments, adding that it also qualifies as "hate material."

"When adults pretend things that are like real life, it's a mental illness. We need counselors. We need medication that's going to help bipolar disorder. Fix their brains."

[After forcing the teen artist to leave the meeting in tears]
"I feel that she did a really good job finding excuses to defend the things she put on. None of us are that stupid."

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Hooty is not satanic. He's a very friendly worm demon.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Rebel Blob posted:

Can you find Satan and witchcraft in this mural for a teen health center? Also LGBTQ+ "propaganda."

So there is a mask that some morons have claimed is a depiction of Satan and a hamsa hand the aformentioned morons have claimed is a witchcraft symbol. That with the pro-LGBTQ+ bits have the morons saying the mural has an "anti-Christian message."

Here is the news story. A high school student in Michigan painted this in a teen health center after winning a competition. A flock of idiots descended on a school board meeting over the mural, successfully driving the artist to tears and intimidating the school board into making the artist paint over parts of it.

Some Asshat NIMBY that likes to make a high-schooler cry posted:

Aarrrrrrrrrrrgh.... RAINBOWS...!!!
______________________V

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 25, 2022

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The team america puppet is right

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

NYT conducted another redneck safari with pictures of decaying small towns and soft lit photos of 65-year old racists who don't have a racist bone in their bodies, but nevertheless don't like all the "changes" that are "coming to our community". They continue to vote for their own deaths.

The article is full of tales of desperately needed social services and healthcare, but they stolidly vote for the party that opposes those things because they hate libs more than they love their lives.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

I don't know what they're so upset about, this book sounds useful to most men and loving awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFKdRjsRHEI&t=130s

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1585563553846726657

haha oops! Guess we shouldn't have picked the obvious unaccredited scam school that you have to sign an NDA before they let you enroll your kids

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Can't wait for all the kids to start spilling the beans on their tick tocks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1585663616346427392

The one time Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent for CBS News

Uh oh fellers looks like we got ourselves a classic nate-off

zoux fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 28, 2022

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So do these people think you can actually drain and drink the youth from kids, like the Dark Crystal was a documentary? Or, is it their belief that the vast illuminati conspiracy are dumb idiots who only think child blood works?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Christian fascists accusing (((others))) of drinking child blood is a centuries old tradition.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah it's just reheated Blood Libel with a dash of 80s "Tide donates 10% of their profits to Satan" about your rivals.

The actual rationalization is supposedly that children have the most active pineal glands and so produce the most adrenochrome from adrenalin in their blood produced by torturing them.

Which ignores that we make synthetic epinephrine for a huge number of medical uses, and you can pretty easily turn epinephrine into adrenochrome if adrenochrome did anything worth doing that for.

I'm surprised that the epi-pen shortage didn't get tied into this nonsense.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
And Peter Thiel's weird thing about blood transfusions doesn't help.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Yeah, I'm just wondering if they think it's effective when "those people" do it. You know, like how prayers to Satan are totally real and we must fight the demons, but prayers to Allah are silly nonsense to a pretend idol.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Whether it actually works is not part of the calculus. It's the worst act imaginable, so your enemies do it, end of reasoning

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1585663616346427392

The one time Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent for CBS News

I'm not trying to excuse her comments, but given what Logan went through in Egypt, I suspect a lot of her recent behavior has been driven by PTSD.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

I'm not trying to excuse her comments, but given what Logan went through in Egypt, I suspect a lot of her recent behavior has been driven by PTSD.

Counterpoint: She's South African.

haveblue posted:

Whether it actually works is not part of the calculus. It's the worst act imaginable, so your enemies do it, end of reasoning

Yeah it's also an act that you are not going to alienate a good portion of your base by condemning, which isn't really true of all the other great sins.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Eric Cantonese posted:

Ah yes the "trauma to antisemitism" pipeline

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Scratch Monkey posted:

That's sort of what happened to Kanye (his downward spiral began when his mother died in 2007)

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

zoux posted:

Counterpoint: She's South African.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Maybe I need to dig more into it, but was she ideologically insane before the sexual assault?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Scratch Monkey posted:

Well, it's more like the trauma to pathological paranoia to antisemitism pipeline because antisemistism is the urconspiracy and that's where this always ends. Kanye's pathological paranoia is due to his untreated bipolar disorder and the fact that he's surrounded by a bunch of grifters who are telling him crazy poo poo to make him even crazier so they can soak him for more money. IMO.

Lara Logan's deal is that she was ousted from the tippy top of political news elites because she wrote a story about Benghazi that was riddled with errors, but again here come those right wing grifters to tell her actually everything she thinks is right, and yes Benghazi was a liberal conspiracy and then she keeps taking public L after public L and spiralling down and down and now she's on Mr. Pillow's show yelling about blood libel.

There's a reason that extremely aggrieved people - divorced men, incels, fired employees - often end up in the right wing conspiracy sphere that tells them this isn't their fault, it's the fault of [X] where in the end it was the global Jewish conspiracy the whole time.

I don't know now much a TBI is compounding Lara Logan's descent into maga madness, and I don't know how not anti-semitic Kanye would be if he was taking his lithium, maybe they'd be the same. There is a long history of tension between the black and jewish communities in the US, Jesse Jackson famously called NYC "hymie-town" back in the 80s and you frequently see famous black athletes, actors, and artists post or boost anti-semitic speech or ideas on social media before they have to walk it back (or not in the case of DeSean Jackson)