Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Gaius Marius posted:

gently caress Columbo. gently caress zoomers suddenly latching onto lovely tv shows. And gently caress people who think "Reference" = Joke.

columbo's a good show op and i have loved it since childhood, due to its quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Gaius Marius posted:

gently caress Columbo. gently caress zoomers suddenly latching onto lovely tv shows. And gently caress people who think "Reference" = Joke.

Oh no young people liking something!

Also Columbo is a good show.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The Grizzly Hills theme from WoW isn't even the best theme from the expac, let alone the game.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

columbo's a good show op and i have loved it since childhood, due to its quality

Josef bugman posted:

Oh no young people liking something!

Also Columbo is a good show.

First off it's bad. Secondly people shouldn't be allowed to voice opinions until their thirties. Thirdly " What if Main Character of Movie, Tv, or Video Game was Columbo is not a joke.

I recommend that anyone whose made such a statement in the attempt of joking, first learns what a joke is. Step one: look in the mirror. That's the only step.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Wow we have an expert on comedy as well! Your ability to discern objects is obviously wide ranging but there is a very simple way to tell what a joke is.

Turn off your monitor.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Memes made well after Peter Falk died have no bearing on Columbo being loving rad. He's the LA cop who refuses to carry a gun and his arrests are almost all rich assholes.

e: Or Patrick McGoohan

Nameless Pete has a new favorite as of 08:14 on Oct 20, 2022

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

First off it's bad. Secondly people shouldn't be allowed to voice opinions until their thirties. Thirdly " What if Main Character of Movie, Tv, or Video Game was Columbo is not a joke.

I recommend that anyone whose made such a statement in the attempt of joking, first learns what a joke is. Step one: look in the mirror. That's the only step.

agreed young people are all idiots

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm in my thirties and one of my opinions is that, when I was a kid, I was right about a lot of things that a lot of the 30+ people in my life were wrong about. PEOPLE are idiots. Except me, obviously.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gaius Marius posted:

Of course , of course. Now, my wife, she also hates Columbo. He’s a strange old man, she says, and the patter—not funny! She’s always going on about how people shouldn’t like popular things.

I’ll be leaving, then. Oh, sorry, just one more thing—it’s the strangest thing, it just doesn’t quite make sense. Aren’t you forums user Gaius Marius, whose opinions uniformly suck rear end?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nameless Pete posted:

Memes made well after Peter Falk died have no bearing on Columbo being loving rad. He's the LA cop who refuses to carry a gun and his arrests are almost all rich assholes.

e: Or Patrick McGoohan

Patrick McGoohan is great. Danger man goes hard

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Analytic Engine posted:

absolutely, and Best Stunt

Why make an award that no one else can win until Tom Cruise is dead?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Vandar posted:

Why make an award that no one else can win until Tom Cruise is dead?

Because Tom Cruise is rich and powerful and people like giving him acclaim

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Cannes gave him an award before the Academy did, that's hosed. They need to give him a best picture and best actor win this year to make up for it, the man single handedly saved Cinema with Top Gun Maverick.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Cannes gave him an award before the Academy did, that's hosed. They need to give him a best picture and best actor win this year to make up for it, the man single handedly saved Cinema with Top Gun Maverick.

I thought you didn't watch any film made after 2000?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pretty sure I said 90% of the movies made after 2000 are garbage, which is absolutely true.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't have this problem as I don't watch any movie made after 2000, they're all trash anyways so why bother when there's so many good films I've yet to see. And yet people take time and money to watch the latest Garbage Marvel movie with the same loving plot, same CGI and same bullshit dialogue in every movie.

Modern "Film Making" is the equivalent of jangling keys in front of a child.

Nope.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

drat man that's crazy

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hyperbole
Peep this tho

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't have this problem as I don't watch any movie made after 2000, they're all trash anyways so why bother when there's so many good films I've yet to see. And yet people take time and money to watch the latest Garbage Marvel movie with the same loving plot, same CGI and same bullshit dialogue in every movie.

I don't think the problem is the relative quality of movies made after an arbitrary year, I think it's people in 2022 don't really have as much need to sit down and watch something for 90 minutes straight without getting distracted by something

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Aramek posted:

I think everyone should be forced to vote but only as a byproduct of the fact that I think people need to be forced to do everything.

Based on this I think you should be forced to not post

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

That's not how hyperbole works though. Unless you want to purposefully make it obvious, people will read your words and assume you mean them as written.

Then to say that Top Gun "saved cinema" is just... Incredible. As in it induces incredulity.

Josef bugman has a new favorite as of 16:43 on Oct 20, 2022

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

thetoughestbean posted:

Of course , of course. Now, my wife, she also hates Columbo. He’s a strange old man, she says, and the patter—not funny! She’s always going on about how people shouldn’t like popular things.

I’ll be leaving, then. Oh, sorry, just one more thing—it’s the strangest thing, it just doesn’t quite make sense. Aren’t you forums user Gaius Marius, whose opinions uniformly suck rear end?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

We have Final Fantasy Columbo at home

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Gaius Marius posted:

I think that only works for you

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Gaius sounds unhappy.

And frankly gently caress everyone who is unhappy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Whoppers are a good candy.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Malted milk balls are good but there's no reason you gotta spring for the name brand. That's a supermarket bulk bin candy if ever there was one.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I'm a milk duds man myself

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Whoppers are like milky ways. Gotta eat all the chocolate around the core before getting to the main part.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I hated Columbo when I was a kid and it was on TV all the time but maybe I'll try it now. I'll report to the thread what I think. Eventually.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Gaius Marius posted:

gently caress Columbo.

Well that's fine sir, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But eh... I have just... one more question.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I bet Gaius doesn't like Fraser either

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I've never seen Columbo in my life but I do enjoy being present for a good Columbo-off

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Aramek posted:

Gaius sounds unhappy.

And frankly gently caress everyone who is unhappy.

Happiness is overrated

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

christmas boots posted:

I bet Gaius doesn't like Fraser either

Another good example, it's still a 90s sitcom, but I think not only does it still hold up, a lot of it is more funny than I remember.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Aramek posted:

Another good example, it's still a 90s sitcom, but I think not only does it still hold up, a lot of it is more funny than I remember.

It's the only 90s sitcom with a trans joke that not only, was not offensive, but was both supportive of trans people AND made me double over because of how unexpected it was

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Gaius Marius posted:

Imagine not only hating Columbo but absolutely jacking it repeatedly for months all over your screen and keyboard about how good a top gun remake is.

lmfao.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Maverick is very good though. I mean so is Columbo but liking them both is probably the most common combination of opinions.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Aramek posted:

Rich, highly-educted, and "sophisticated" types acting like the biggest idiots on the planet because they're so convinced of their own cleverness is a timeless recipe IMO

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
what's the temperature on The Nanny itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Ohtori Akio posted:

what's the temperature on The Nanny itt

I always left the room when my parents started watching it.