Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

OM
OM
OM
OM
OM

Some guy gave me a free ticket. Score!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Eat The Rich posted:

OM
OM
OM
OM
OM

Some guy gave me a free ticket. Score!

Yeah, that's a win. Enjoy!

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I got a seat right next to the stage, with a place for my beer and a waitress. Im getting old and this is heaven.

New album next year, confirmed.

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Oct 8, 2022

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Wow, it's been 10 years since the last album.

Conference of the birds still in regular rotation as well.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Conference of the birds still in regular rotation as well.

I have the picture disc of this. I really need to get a good record player...

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Eat The Rich posted:

I got a seat right next to the stage, with a place for my beer and a waitress. Im getting old and this is heaven.

New album next year, confirmed.

Oh man I've been waiting so long for more Om.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

He said theyre gonna start mixing it after the tour and that it'll release next year. And then they're gonna tour again.

They didnt play any new stuff tho. Same setlist as always, which is still rad.

I was in the AL ZONE

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rad

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Sunn cave show 2

Prob wont make it this time

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Yeah it is

https://pressurerecords.bandcamp.com/album/rosin

I had no idea Al made deep dub like that, I really should pay more attention I guess

Ingmar terdman posted:

Sunn cave show 2

Prob wont make it this time

Me neither but I’m glad I went the first time even if it seemed a little quiet. I’d see them in NYC but the same day I heard about their show I had just bought a ticket to see Siege and the F.U.’s in Boston, also on December 17. :(

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

I’m considering the Sunn show. Never seen them and I don’t listen to them a ton because It’s not really my jam but also experiencing in person would be a different experience. And also Pioneer works is a great venue.

Snowy are you into punk/crust kind of stuff? Warthog is playing a show at Elsewhere that seems like it’s going to be awesome -Lifeless Dark who I love is also on the card.

https://lifelessdark.bandcamp.com/album/who-will-be-the-victims

Fake edit I meant lifeless dark are also on the bill but I am not going to change it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Been to some excellent shows lately.

- Turtle Skull finally getting to tour supporting their album Monoliths which they played in full. Probably the closest I have come to having a transcendent concert experience since YOB toured here like 8 years ago. Supported by Greyhound and Black Aleph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn2lSX6dC4E which I missed but I saw at my friends record store the week prior and it was pretty cool.

- Potion played down the coast at West End Fest, which was great even if they were the only heavy band on the bill. the whole day was full of improv/krautrock/psychedelic stuff and a bunch of post-hardcore/post-punk that doesnt interest me. There was a fantastic band named OIL! but I cant find anything from them online at all, probably because they are 100% improvised jams. it was like The Comet is Coming but Kraut rock, sax included. they had two drummers which is always fun.

next Month Im going to see STONER (christ that name sucks) w/ Mario Lalli and The Rubber Snake Charmers, Grinding Eyes & Full Tone Generator. also Frankie and the Witch Fingers w/ Turtle Skull later in the month.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 13, 2022

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

butros posted:

I’m considering the Sunn show. Never seen them and I don’t listen to them a ton because It’s not really my jam but also experiencing in person would be a different experience. And also Pioneer works is a great venue.

Definitely go at least once and try to stand somewhere where the sound fucks with your anatomy. I never really listen to them really but I’d go see them live any time.

quote:

Snowy are you into punk/crust kind of stuff? Warthog is playing a show at Elsewhere that seems like it’s going to be awesome -Lifeless Dark who I love is also on the card.

https://lifelessdark.bandcamp.com/album/who-will-be-the-victims

Fake edit I meant lifeless dark are also on the bill but I am not going to change it.

Hell yeah I love crusty punk, the filthier the better :) I’ve seen Warthog once, when they opened for Death Side, they were great! Thanks for the heads up, I’m sure I’d love that show but I have terrible early work hours so it might be tough but mayyybe. Also Lifeless Dark sounds cool, the Sacrilege-ish style is sweet!!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MY6uTB1Hx8

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjoppD_JYb6/

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Eat The Rich posted:

He said theyre gonna start mixing it after the tour and that it'll release next year. And then they're gonna tour again.

They didnt play any new stuff tho. Same setlist as always, which is still rad.

I was in the AL ZONE

hell yeah gonna go see them on Saturday

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
New Big Brave announced

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

They played a new song near the end and it was REALLY good.
They also played it second-to-last because there's no way Emil's arms aren't straight noodles afterward, album is gonna SLAP.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 16, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MrQwerty posted:

They played a new song near the end and it was REALLY good.
They also played it second-to-last because there's no way Emil's arms aren't straight noodles afterward, album is gonna SLAP.

:stare:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iTuDvk45Qk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzG-qji05Lc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE-LD2EcASo

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
I like it

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ruby the hatchets new album is out and it's da goods.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

GNOME are from round my parts of town, funny to see them getting around like they are.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

New Elder is a month away and I'm only just now hearing this track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAQEdH_OJbg

I found Omens to be decent but a little underwhelming and I was hoping their newer stuff would be a bit harder. I appreciate any band being able to do what they want and Elder is always an instant listen/buy for me, but I do prefer how their earlier stuff sounded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TBg6Bi-34k

I'll still probably enjoy the hell out of their newest though :v:

(Also holy poo poo that first album came out in 2008??? Getting old)

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Just listening to Endless Return now and I'm pleasantly surprised by the vocals. The whole sound reminds me of Reflections of a Floating World which is my favorite of theirs.

Snapes N Snapes posted:

GNOME are from round my parts of town, funny to see them getting around like they are.

Have you seen them live? I've never heard of them before the other day and now I really hope I get a chance to see them. They seem like they'd put on a super fun show.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm digging the hell out of Endless Return! Looking forward to the release next month.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

It's clear elder will never be heavy like dead roots stirring again, but I still support them by buying the albums of bandcamp even if I dont really like them in the hopes the data makes them tour here again.

They still play dead roots stirring and the end live most of the time from what I've seen

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Yeah I echo pretty much everything else. Dead Roots Stirring is still my favorite, but I still like what they do. They just released that track today OP, that’s why you’re only hearing it now!

King Buffalo is like an opposite Elder for me. Every new release becomes my favorite album.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Laserface posted:

Ruby the hatchets new album is out and it's da goods.

Hell and yes.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ruby the hatchets new one is good but my favourite tracks are also from the Earthquaker devices live session and they played them way better for that than on the album I reckon.

1000 years and primitive man are great. The vocal harmonies on the whole album are gorgeous, and it was nice to see the drummer vocals take the lead on one song.

Didn't really like planetary space child when they released it but I might go revisit.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Laserface posted:

It's clear elder will never be heavy like dead roots stirring again, but I still support them by buying the albums of bandcamp even if I dont really like them in the hopes the data makes them tour here again.

They still play dead roots stirring and the end live most of the time from what I've seen

I bought a copy of Lore on vinyl and resigned to getting the black one and they sent me the Euro tour color disc instead, it was pretty sweet. Lore is a really nice vinyl package, too.
Really pissed I missed them when they were here not too long ago, I haven't seen them live and would like to see them play DRS.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

cryptoclastic posted:

King Buffalo is like an opposite Elder for me. Every new release becomes my favorite album.

This is the drat truth.

It's kind of interesting to me how much this thread likes KB because they're really not that heavy. Especially considering other thread favorites are like jack harlon and electric wizard and sleep. King Buffalo is practically jam prog lately. It's so noodly and spacey.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

All doom bands are prog bands but not all prog bands are doom bands.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

:hmmyes:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Laserface posted:

All doom bands are prog bands but not all prog bands are doom bands.

counter: Sunn O)))

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
A bunch of guys dress up as druids to play half hour songs with recited poetry, choirs and cellos and they're somehow not a prog band?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
The two albums guaranteed to get my 19 month old to nap are Brian Eno's Music for Airports and Sunn O)))'s Pyroclasts.

*puffs condescendingly on a pipe

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I usually see the word prog as a warning, I like my music fairly regressive

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Clinging on to my original pressing of Take As Needed For Pain and complaining that Eyehategod are woke snowflakes since they changed that one song name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

Clinging on to my original pressing of Take As Needed For Pain and complaining that Eyehategod are woke snowflakes since they changed that one song name.

Seeing them tonite for the first time in many years