Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

bagmonkey posted:

$260 on a Friday evening, barely any line at the actual checkouts, huge line at the self checkout... life's good

I never use self-checkout at costco, because I know the cashiers get paid well and can do their jobs way better than I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Alan Smithee posted:

woke up and threw up on my mattress. Stains aint coming out. Wondering if I should get a new one. Suggestions plz
Buy sheets, forget stain.

Unless it's been over 5 years since you last Mattressed

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Duct Tape Engineer posted:

I never use self-checkout at costco, because I know the cashiers get paid well and can do their jobs way better than I can.

Do the cashiers not ring you up at the self-checkout? And yes, I realize how that sounds. But at my local, they have 4 cashiers running the 6 stands and will ring up your stuff while you pay. Why, I don't know. But i've never had to use the self-checkout myself. They just scan everything in my cart while I pay and by the time I'm done paying, so are they. I figured this was the intent behind the system (partly). To speed up everything while keeping a couple checkouts open for the 1-2 people just purchasing 1-2 items.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FilthyImp posted:

Buy sheets, forget stain.

Unless it's been over 5 years since you last Mattressed

it's been like 14 lol

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Regret to tell you that you are sleeping on a loaf of compressed skin cells/sweat/drool/cum that has enveloped your mattress ages ago.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

ShowTime posted:

Do the cashiers not ring you up at the self-checkout? And yes, I realize how that sounds. But at my local, they have 4 cashiers running the 6 stands and will ring up your stuff while you pay. Why, I don't know. But i've never had to use the self-checkout myself. They just scan everything in my cart while I pay and by the time I'm done paying, so are they. I figured this was the intent behind the system (partly). To speed up everything while keeping a couple checkouts open for the 1-2 people just purchasing 1-2 items.

From what I've seen, there's only one cashier there, and I also never go to Costco and buy just 1-2 items.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FilthyImp posted:

Regret to tell you that you are sleeping on a loaf of compressed skin cells/sweat/drool/cum that has enveloped your mattress ages ago.

i havent had a wet dream in a while though

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

i havent had a wet dream in a while though

Also invest in a nice waterproof mattress protector to act as a barrier to stains and extend the longevity of the new mattress.

I don't have mattress suggestions, though

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Just an FYI that Costco started carrying those mattress in a box things that are made out of foam/latex and they're not half bad!

Fall Dog posted:

Also invest in a nice waterproof mattress protector to act as a barrier to stains and extend the longevity of the new mattress.

I don't have mattress suggestions, though
I did this once and the next week I had one of the worst flu's I'd ever had (before COVID lol) and after 3 days of fever and sweats it smelled like a cheese shop.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Just an FYI that Costco started carrying those mattress in a box things that are made out of foam/latex and they're not half bad!

My last mattress was one from Costco and it was pretty good! My only complaint was that when it was cold the mattress was pretty hard till it warmed up. Besides that though it was great!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

Out of the local 3 Costco's I've been to semi-recently, two have one person at the self check and you scan all your own poo poo, the one has like 2-3 people scanning. I may bother with the self checkout if I just need a single thing but like seriously how often is that

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I bought a case of costcocrab since they’ve apparently gone extinct.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Costco Crypto at this point

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
waiting at the tire shop to schedule a seasonal change and some rear end in a top hat butts in line in front of me. After I asked him to go to the back of the line, he retorted with "what are you going to do about it?"

i figured out the easiest way to make my point; i butted in line in front of the guy who had just butted in front of me. after a few moments he just snorted "this is r-word" but dropped to the back of the line. the person right behind me whispered "thank you"

the twist is that i hate confrontation, so i was shaking during the entire thing, but i pushed through it.

what's your weird Costco story?

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Oct 22, 2022

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

How can anyone be mad in the tire center, considering how great it smells

Costco should have the "Free Smells" sign instead of Jimmy Johns

To answer his "what are you gonna do about it" question, you could have told him you'd gladly take it outside and put him in a wheelchair, that's generally the accepted tone you can set when dealing with people like that

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Does Costco carry any good innerspring mattresses? I despise foam and/or hybrid mattresses, they sleep mega-hot regardless of any holes they punch through them or whatever.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Zero VGS posted:

Does Costco carry any good innerspring mattresses? I despise foam and/or hybrid mattresses, they sleep mega-hot regardless of any holes they punch through them or whatever.
I dunno about good. The traditional 19th century mattresses are stored upright in the back in shame

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Pinus Porcus posted:

Is it filterable by a Berkey system? They filter most things and are pretty economical.

Edit:Berkey Filter Lab Results if you are interested to see if they will work for you

The Berkey is not NSF/ANSI certified. Just go with a certified reverse osmosis system with a sediment prefilter to extend the life of the RO filters and maintain the system on a schedule. If you want to get fancy or make it clear when to change filters plumb in an in-line conductivity sensor with indicator light.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

I bought a case of costcocrab since they’ve apparently gone extinct.

planning ahead for when claws is currency

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

dang it, just bought two of these bags last night! ONLY 128!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Poopelyse posted:

Snickers fuckin sucks and that’s too many snickers bars

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

MarcusSA posted:

You fuckin suck

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Snickers own. Make some Snickers salad sometime

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That's a LOT of loving York patties, and a strangely high number of 100 Grand and way, WAY too few Reese's

MarcusSA posted:

I thought we were friends but I can see I was wrong

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Whole lotta bad candy opinions on this page

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

a strangely high number of 100 Grand

PBUC hallelujah

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Only five kitkats? I'm calling the cops

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Only in America do we turn a candy bar into a salad.

Also that looks loving delicious. Reminds me of watergate salad, which I haven't had in well over a decade. My grandmother used to make it and I think it's more of a northern USA thing. Pistachio pudding, marshmallows, pineapple, walnuts/pecans and whipped cream. It's delicious and terrible at the same time.

marcopolo
Oct 24, 2010

ShowTime posted:

Only in America do we turn a candy bar into a salad.

Also that looks loving delicious. Reminds me of watergate salad, which I haven't had in well over a decade. My grandmother used to make it and I think it's more of a northern USA thing. Pistachio pudding, marshmallows, pineapple, walnuts/pecans and whipped cream. It's delicious and terrible at the same time.

Wisconsin checking in and yes that's Green Glup. And I'd like to give you the opportunity to correct "whipped cream" to "Cool Whip" :colbert:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Poopelyse posted:

How many is there supposed to be?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

marcopolo posted:

Wisconsin checking in and yes that's Green Glup. And I'd like to give you the opportunity to correct "whipped cream" to "Cool Whip" :colbert:

Yea it's usually cool whip and you usually go home with a Cool Whip container full of it that your grandmother makes you take home on your way out the door.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I did not have to scroll far to find Costco content on nextdoor. I shop at the fight club Costco and I like it. I went to that other one mentioned and it's... The same? There all Costco.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

StormDrain posted:

How many is there supposed to be?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

marcopolo posted:

Can confirm. I've had that too as a kid. I do not like it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Propaganda Hour posted:

Only five kitkats? I'm calling the cops

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

From the people who brought you Frito Pie.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Kitkat is a minor candy bar

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Toxic Mental posted:

Kitkat is a minor candy bar

That's why you get four of em'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

bagmonkey posted:

Out of the local 3 Costco's I've been to semi-recently, two have one person at the self check and you scan all your own poo poo, the one has like 2-3 people scanning. I may bother with the self checkout if I just need a single thing but like seriously how often is that

oh, so, this reminds me. remember when some warehouses used to have scanner guns for every self-checkout? I asked about it at the warehouse that had it while someone was scanning my bulk stuff, that the handheld scanner was great, and the employee was like "yeah but we got ripped off super bad". I was like "... people took the guns!?" and she was like "... no, merchandise". :whitewater:

Gaius probably knows better than me but god, people, what bastards. I guess an attendant scanning your bulk goods is all that stands between us and the english :whitewater:

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 25, 2022