Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
tabula rasa sells the little coors for like $6 or smth lol. cheapest thing on the menu used to have to go there all the drat time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I think I had a budweiser and I found it to be ok but not as good a wheat beer as, say, a blue moon or einstok

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Sydin posted:

lmao Kevin De Leon going for the "actually it would be more cowardly if I resigned" angle, that's a new one:
:munch:

OgNar posted:

Sounds like Villanueva wants to try and ride this for his reelection and the corruption (not his) that he is fighting against

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMAM0a9UpPo

https://www.foxla.com/news/la-city-council-scandal-sheriff-alex-villanueva-releases-more-tape-of-nury-martinezs-conversation
:munch:

Let's just release all the tapes. We can put the election off a couple months to release them weekly. See if any candidates are left.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Coors Banquet tastes like PBR cut with old paperbacks from a used book store full of mold.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Fiction or non-fiction?

Asking for a friend.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

withak posted:

Fiction or non-fiction?

Asking for a friend.

Second string 70s paperback thrillers, specifically.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Coors Banquet tastes like PBR cut with old paperbacks from a used book store full of mold.

Bro it’s literally a completely normal beer

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

i don't drink beer. i just thought since we're sharing that you all might want to know

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
YOU SON OF A

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
the one hard kombucha appreciator on earth has logged on

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
I was recently diagnosed with Celiac disease and hard kombucha has turned out to be my go to without beer. The flavor doesn't wear on me like all those hard seltzers.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

VSOKUL girl posted:

the one hard kombucha appreciator on earth has logged on

I tried kombucha once, I didn't like it very much. I just drink water usually, or diet soda if I need something with taste.

Thanks for listening :)

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Business as usual live LA City Council meeting.
It pretty much consists of call ins telling them to resign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56TxecmEI6Q

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

lmfao I tune in and immediately it's some guy ranting about the homeless and how Joe Biden should deal with them instead of giving HOMEOWNERS and PROPERTY OWNERS EVEN MORE TAXES!!!!!!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cup Runneth Over posted:

lmfao I tune in and immediately it's some guy ranting about the homeless and how Joe Biden should deal with them instead of giving HOMEOWNERS and PROPERTY OWNERS EVEN MORE TAXES!!!!!!

I'm living on a fixed income of 20,000 a month I simply cannot handle more taxes. But THEY CAN

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm living on a fixed income of 20,000 a month I simply cannot handle more taxes. But THEY CAN

“Fixed income” is one of those euphemisms I just don’t get. My income is fixed, too. I can’t just tell my boss my salary has gone up with costs or anything like that.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You have the possibility of OT, promotion, raises.

Not quite the same as counting on the $800 SS check every month.

At least, that was the traditional wisdom. Everyone now is like "goddamn 3 days to payday and I have $16 in my checking let's goooo dollar menu!"

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I always figured the “fixed” meant that you had no say in what it was and no option to try to increase it like you could if you were working and campaigned for a raise/promotion or looked for a better job.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

FilthyImp posted:

You have the possibility of OT, promotion, raises.

Not quite the same as counting on the $800 SS check every month.

At least, that was the traditional wisdom. Everyone now is like "goddamn 3 days to payday and I have $16 in my checking let's goooo dollar menu!"

withak posted:

I always figured the “fixed” meant that you had no say in what it was and no option to try to increase it like you could if you were working and campaigned for a raise/promotion or looked for a better job.

Retired people can get another job, too. My pet theory on this is that "fixed income" is a euphemism for "poor old person" but, if we went around saying all our old people are poor, someone might get it in their head to do something about it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That is definitely what is implied.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Freeze warning.

Bring your outdoor cats in

Thoughts and prayers to my succulents.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Freeze warning.

praying for them sir

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Freeze warning.

How do you get an alert that it's a freeze warning?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That's some Eureka-rear end posting

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
in my recent trip to the eureka area, i was impressed with how many people do not use their headlights in fog

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's because everyone has ultrabright 30k candlepower LEDs now and if they turn those on they'll blind themselves

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It’s because modern cars turn on their headlights automatically at night so no one is used to thinking about them any more.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

withak posted:

It’s because modern cars turn on their dashboard lights automatically so no one is used to thinking about them any more.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

FilthyImp posted:

That's some Eureka-rear end posting

I subscribed to this forum while a student at Humboldt State.

Edit: Yeesh I just realized my account is old enough to drink. Time flies.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

This but at all times

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Bring your outdoor cats in and put your indoor cats out, to teach all of them important lessons

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if i don't let my cats out who's gonna feed the coyotes.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
When I was a kid our next door neighbor constantly complained that another neighbor's cat kept going into his front yard and ruining his garden or some poo poo, so one night he woke up the entire block by blasting the poor thing with his shotgun and then just... leaving the corpse on his lawn. For years after he insisted that never happened and a coyote must have come down from the mountains and uh, left a gun wound in it I guess?

So yeah never letting letting a pet outside unless it's on a leash and I'm right there with it. People are loving psycho.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Some dude busted into the Pelosis house in SF and beat up Paul

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1585979944533954560?s=46&t=RFrdjfTUkt6k4rT6lQ4PYQ

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/KyungLahCNN/status/1586025434642149378?t=_OK9t5DxpLHdlJFgRDJfgQ&s=19

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Also apparently has an internet history of right-wing nuttery.

https://twitter.com/sgurman/status/1586040764353679375

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Proust Malone posted:

Some dude busted into the Pelosis house in SF and beat up Paul

"beat up" isn't really what I'd call assaulting someone with a large hammer and send them to the hospital where they require brain surgery

e: "skull surgery"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Given that Nancy is like at a minimum in the top 3 of "most hated people" for tens of millions of Americans, I'm kinda surprised they didn't have the tippiest top private security/ODO outfit on retainer to piledrive anybody who steps onto their property unexpectedly into the concrete.

e. To clarify I don't mean that in a victim-blaming manner, more I'm surprised this could happen at all. I expected security to be way tighter, like secret service levels, around the Pelosis.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you'd think the 2nd person in the chain of succession would have a secret service detail for them and their family yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Levitate posted:

"beat up" isn't really what I'd call assaulting someone with a large hammer and send them to the hospital where they require brain surgery

e: "skull surgery"

how large was the hammer?