Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

If you don't give me money I will call you the l-word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.

pentyne posted:

Weird that polite and borderline neutral criticism is so damaging just because I post in another thread.

My dude this is a Sean Hannity kinda dialogue from you lol

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Riot Bimbo posted:

gassing that loving thread is a start :thumbsup:

Nah, we won't be doing that. Any other ideas

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

some plague rats posted:

I don't remember asking you but idk man i think it's weird you get so validated by what amounts to encyclopedia dramatica for goons, and it seems like it just exists to start poo poo

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

some plague rats posted:

enforce the rules on brigading or else let us invade their thread back

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

[pointing at with one hand and holding a collections bowl with the other] liberal

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I mean... go ahead? anyone is allowed to be in PYF. Come post me lord

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

qnqnx posted:

[pointing at with one hand and holding a collections bowl with the other] liberal

it's cool that you've decided that, of all the cspam threads you could do this in, you chose the charity thread to do your epic owning

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I don't imagine being harassed for a week has done great things to Plinkey's response times. Sorry you're the one paying for it

It seems like an issue with the setup that if one guy gets his feelings hurt people in need don't get any help

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

i think some people here should remind themselves that the idea is that the *other* goonbucks thread is not competing against this one, and it is trying to be setup as quickly as possible so anyone in need definitely has some options.

like, it's not a lib conspirancy or whatever, it is just people wanting to make sure the loving IRS is not biting this whole thing back in the rear end half a year from now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

This is the dumb poo poo I am talking about

There is no "their thread". This is a forum. We all post in it. Lots of people post all over the place. There are no gated communities here. Just post. Tons of people post in both various cspam threads and the pyf sagas thread and qcs threads and so on

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

it's cool that you've decided that, of all the cspam threads you could do this in, you chose the charity thread to do your epic owning

Gimme money

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

some plague rats posted:

I mean... go ahead? anyone is allowed to be in PYF. Come post me lord

Not true, I got three days for calling assholes assholes.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

some plague rats posted:

It seems like an issue with the setup that if one guy gets his feelings hurt people in need don't get any help

Funny how it wasn't an issue until some people decided to harass him and the mods and admins decided it was cool

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

This is the dumb poo poo I am talking about

There is no "their thread". This is a forum. We all post in it. Lots of people post all over the place. There are no gated communities here. Just post. Tons of people post in both various cspam threads and the pyf sagas thread and qcs threads and so on

You are not a C-SPAMmer and only post here to troll this thread

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

[Dr. Phil voice] You're a liberal, you're an rear end in a top hat, I'm gonna kill you, give me two thousand dollars

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

really, please, stop thinking about sides (THIS DUDE'S ON MY LANE, PYF IS AN ENEMY) and instead focus on people trying to help other people.

It is so dumb, so frustrating that some people think the horrible satanic QCS FYAD cabal is trying to shut this down, where what is happening is, people want this to be safe from the IRS and any bad actors....

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

the end is just a little harder, when brought about... by friends

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MonsieurChoc posted:

You can still post there though. I never said you won't get probed if you have an extremely sad meltdown because you probably will

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mendigo posted:

really, please, stop thinking about sides (THIS DUDE'S ON MY LANE, PYF IS AN ENEMY) and instead focus on people trying to help other people.

It is so dumb, so frustrating that some people think the horrible satanic QCS FYAD cabal is trying to shut this down, where what is happening is, people want this to be safe from the IRS and any bad actors....

It is so dumb, so frustrating, to see a bunch of lovely trolls gently caress up something that helped others and constantly act like huge assholes.

Also we both know the other fund is not happening. It’s a fig leaf.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mendigo posted:

Also maybe plinkey can just go back to doing the same things he did in early 2020 like when he was keeping a record of days+money out and money in each month.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Funny how it wasn't an issue until some people decided to harass him and the mods and admins decided it was cool

qnqnx posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

nvm. thanks Jeff

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

this

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You are not a C-SPAMmer and only post here to troll this thread

Correcting your dipshit takes isn't "trolling", I am responding to posts made about other threads I post in.

Attaching your identity to a SA subforum seems like odd behavior btw.

Also for what it's worth I have both donated to and received money from this fund in the past. Other people brought up concerns which I agree with but I did not have any issues with it at all until the insane backlash against reasonable criticism and repeated doubling down and insisting everyone making that criticism was a liberal nazi CIA guy.

Fajita Queen has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Oct 22, 2022

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

some plague rats posted:

You can still post there though. I never said you won't get probed if you have an extremely sad meltdown because you probably will

This entire thing has been qcs and pyf melting down except when they do they get what they want.

Even the lovely right wing troll who loves Jordan Peterson got unbanned because enough of you had a meltdown over a good ban. For one time that Jeffrey had made the right call!

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

catching up to the last 200 posts, my timing for getting fired for a back injury sure was great

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

get a job hippy

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

This entire thing has been qcs and pyf melting down except when they do they get what they want.

Even the lovely right wing troll who loves Jordan Peterson got unbanned because enough of you had a meltdown over a good ban. For one time that Jeffrey had made the right call!

lol

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Correcting your dipshit takes isn't "trolling", I am responding to posts made about other threads I post in.

Attaching your identity to a SA subforum seems like odd behavior btw.

there are people who post in the forum regularly and people who literally never post here except to stir poo poo. pointing out the distinction is not odd it just makes you uncomfortable because it recognizes you are merely here to mock people for your own amusement and will leave as soon as that becomes boring for you

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

It is so dumb, so frustrating, to see a bunch of lovely trolls gently caress up something that helped others and constantly act like huge assholes.

Also we both know the other fund is not happening. It’s a fig leaf.

why would you think someone else just wants to for some reason "troll" something that helps so many people, as opposed to become something even better than the current one?

Really, again - i have no stakes on this at all, and trust me i am commited to my own community and our union here - why the heck are you that aggressive and ready to think the worst of anyone not going "yup"?
Accountability is good. People in need will be happy to know this is set up this way. The way the Other Fund is being set up, *if you care enough to read their discussion* means they will NOT need to wait more than a few minutes to get the urgent bucks they might need. Exactly what Plinkey's fund does now, but with accountability.

And, again - I think Plinkey's done a lot of good, I'm glad people have got money when they needed it. I know i'd rather starve than let my dog go one single day without food, I have been homeless several times in the past - the nickname here is not a joke, that was my "job" for a while and that's what my friend bought me.
Sometimes people that do not constantly nod at what you say might still be on yoru side. Please, do not be so aggressively against people that want things to be good, really!!!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Mendigo posted:

why would you think someone else just wants to for some reason "troll" something

where do you think we are?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

there are people who post in the forum regularly and people who literally never post here except to stir poo poo. pointing out the distinction is not odd it just makes you uncomfortable because it recognizes you are merely here to mock people for your own amusement and will leave as soon as that becomes boring for you

I don't post in cspam threads because they are not germane to my interests (I prefer actual political activism to pretend internet slacktivism and yelling about my political enemies in an echo chamber) but this thread had posts about threads I do post in so I started posting in it.

Mocking people who make dumb posts is the single greatest Something Awful tradition. People do it in cspam all the time, in fact. So I'm not really sure what the problem here is other than your inability to accept that you've made dumb and wrong posts and to stop doing that and make better posts instead.

Also wrt the insane accusations that people want poor people to starve or whatever, if Plinkey does what has been requested and improves this fund, or the other fund successfully takes off, more people will be helped. Either or both of those outcomes will be a net positive for the forums.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Mendigo posted:

why would you think someone else just wants to for some reason "troll" something that helps so many people, as opposed to become something even better than the current one?

Flying waaaaay too close to the sun on this one, your earlier efforts were at least a novel approach but no one with even a basic familiarity with the internet would post something like this in good faith.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

MonsieurChoc posted:

We are genuinely concerned, which is why most of our posts are about how terrible a human being Plinkey is based on zero evidence and also making fun of people asking for help. Also making another fund and immediately debating just jow much should we help people really? Let’s means test this.
Well, for what it's worth, I am doing this to address my own concerns more than anyone else's. I run this site and I don't want to leave a gap whereby its members can be taken advantage of, even if I do not believe that they are. The steps I'm asking for are not serious structural changes and I'm not asking the fund to halt operations or do anything disruptive. They are, in fact, extremely basic and likely to make this easier, and not more difficult to run.

I certainly don't appreciate the fan fiction people have written about Plinkey over the last week. It is obnoxious that people are trying to get epic burns on the people who support this charity and I'm sorry my post inspired more of that, but core issue there is real and I want to see it corrected.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mendigo posted:

Really, again - i have no stakes on this at all, and trust me i am commited to my own community and our union here - why the heck are you that aggressive and ready to think the worst of anyone not going "yup"?
Accountability is good. People in need will be happy to know this is set up this way. The way the Other Fund is being set up, *if you care enough to read their discussion* means they will NOT need to wait more than a few minutes to get the urgent bucks they might need. Exactly what Plinkey's fund does now, but with accountability.

And, again - I think Plinkey's done a lot of good, I'm glad people have got money when they needed it. I know i'd rather starve than let my dog go one single day without food, I have been homeless several times in the past - the nickname here is not a joke, that was my "job" for a while and that's what my friend bought me.
Sometimes people that do not constantly nod at what you say might still be on yoru side. Please, do not be so aggressively against people that want things to be good, really!!!

Because of the way everyone acted in this. It was hardcore bullshit trolling by assholes from the start. Everything that came after is thus tainted by association. If the other fund ever happens I’ll apologize but right now there’s zero reasons to think it is made in good faith because the whole PYF/QCS was incredibly bad faith. Just pages and pages of attacking Plinkey with zero proof and making fun of the people who asked for help. Just look at Arf’s lovely trolling where he just asks for money every couple of pages.

If the other thread was serious about this they wouldn’t be talking means testing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I don't post in cspam threads because they are not germane to my interests (I prefer actual political activism to pretend internet slacktivism and yelling about my political enemies in an echo chamber)

You’re describing dnd, not cspam. No one here thinks posting is activism.

Also lol of your activism is something dumb like throwing your money away to the Democrats who then do nothing.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Well, for what it's worth, I am doing this to address my own concerns more than anyone else's.
You've made it abundantly clear that SA has no connection to this fund. Which is reasonable. But your responsibility ends there. It hasn't been a problem from 2019 until now, when some unrelated people decided to blow it up. Beyond that, your advice is appreciated and noted.

EDIT this vvvvv

vortmax has issued a correction as of 22:36 on Oct 22, 2022

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I don't have the slightest desire to delineate this beyond the basic, but it warrants some effort, and I earnestly find it frustrating, if also really kind of darkly funny.

There's a thread of people who mostly just post about goon drama endlessly, hyping themselves and their lurkers up into taking action, sanctioned and not, in the exact same way helldump and ED used to, against their subjects of discussion. It's specifically permissible in this case, because tradition (???), and they incidentally, accidentally found a justification that works for an admin. Sometimes that happens, but it doesn't even seem to matter.

but like, the behavior itself is specifically not allowed??? like jeffrey seriously if CSPAM made a thread that functions the same way the PYF drama thread does, every active participant would be banned or long-probed and the thread gassed faster than that PYF thread can huff its own self righteous farts into actionable histrionics.

Whatever man, do what you have to about plinkey. I feel like you should acknowledge this was a bunch of isolate goons kicking poo poo up in a subforum they largely don't post in, and do something about it, though.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

:yeah:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Riot Bimbo posted:

I don't have the slightest desire to delineate this beyond the basic, but it warrants some effort, and I earnestly find it frustrating, if also really kind of darkly funny.

There's a thread of people who mostly just post about goon drama endlessly, hyping themselves and their lurkers up into taking action, sanctioned and not, in the exact same way helldump and ED used to, against their subjects of discussion. It's specifically permissible in this case, because tradition (???), and they incidentally, accidentally found a justification that works for an admin. Sometimes that happens, but it doesn't even seem to matter.

but like, the behavior itself is specifically not allowed??? like jeffrey seriously if CSPAM made a thread that functions the same way the PYF drama thread does, every active participant would be banned or long-probed and the thread gassed faster than that PYF thread can huff its own self righteous farts into actionable histrionics.

Whatever man, do what you have to about plinkey. I feel like you should acknowledge this was a bunch of isolate goons kicking poo poo up in a subforum they largely don't post in, and do something about it, though.

This is an unbelievably weird persecution complex you're working on here

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Comparing the pyf sagas thread to helldump or ED is fuckin deranged. Like, willfully ignoring reality to make poo poo up to justify getting mad at people. It's fuckin sad.