Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

I mean yeah you can borrow from tomorrow for today. That's just a stupid thing to do when you have a 26 year old great QB. I mean I don't know why I'm saying this, I wish the Bills had traded for McCaffrey, it would've almost certainly been a big mistake within a year.

Like signing Von Miller? Also probably gonna be a problem in two years, but he's been dynamite so far, and I'd way rather have that $12m in cap space for dudes like that, then a loving running back.

The Packers spent the last 10 years of Rodgers’ career and their window being good stewards of the cap and avoiding big free agent signings and planning for the future and all they got for it was progressively more embarrassing playoff exits despite playing in one of the worst divisions in football and having a red carpet to a bye week every year.

Miller makes Buffalo notably better right now and makes it more likely that they win a Super Bowl right now. That’s worth than some hypothetical player they might be able to afford later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Byron Jones is the new Will Fuller

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
At this point I’m not expecting him back before the bye in november. Absolutely ridiculous how much of a paper Tiger this team is because they are seemingly made of actual tissue paper

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

syzpid posted:

I thought we were easily going to beat Brett Rypien 2 years ago? So I'm not saying anything this time. It would be very Jets to be showing this much promise, and then shoot themselves in the foot in a very winnable game.

I think it's ok to have higher expectations for this team

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hope this means no more Greg Little.

https://twitter.com/miamidolphins/status/1583911167508242432?s=46&t=aePvm_3tfRJvVpxsLBJdZw

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

I think it's ok to have higher expectations for this team

They are playing a top 5 defense in the NFL in one of the hardest places to play in the sport. This isn't an easy game no matter how bad their offense is.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

100% agreed. I don’t think the quarterbacks on either team are moving the needle much unless it’s in limiting turnovers. I’m fully expecting a 17-13 Jets win that feels way more close than it should be.

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1583871905940967424

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 22, 2022

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Pablo Bluth posted:

The Bills are reaching a point they're going to find it increasingly difficult to keep everyone. Next year is the first year of the big Allen Diggs and Miller's big cap hits, more and more successful draft picks who need to be extended (or successfully redrafted.)

I think Davis will be the interesting one, he’s likely going to be able to get absolutely paid somewhere else in ‘24. Maybe at that point a 30-year-old Diggs will be falling off and he’ll be taking less money?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was walking through a Philly Suburb the other night and I saw a house with 2 brand new team flags. It was a Bills flag and Patriots flag and I was supremely confused. I would say they were bandwagon fans if the Pats flag looked older but they were both new. Would have loved to hear the story of how a Bills & Pats fan ended up near Philly

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Schiavona posted:

I think Davis will be the interesting one, he’s likely going to be able to get absolutely paid somewhere else in ‘24. Maybe at that point a 30-year-old Diggs will be falling off and he’ll be taking less money?
Post the rebuild clear-out, the team really haven't traded anyone of value (well they traded Wyatt Teller and got fleeced...) It feels like every high value player Beane has extended early without overpaying. But sooner or later the current I-Love-Buffalo effect is going to fail to be enough, and given the WR market someone is going to offer him just too much to turn down. I think it's a certainty that they will try to extend Davis this during the next off-season and if they can't, they'll trade him for draft capital rather him walking at the end of the year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Schiavona posted:

There is just 0 chance Davis is playing in 2023 for 1MM. None.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets haven’t had a “take care of business” game in a long time. I don’t care about stats today. Just win.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

There is just 0 chance Davis is playing in 2023 for 1MM. None.

Yeah, it'll be a bind for the Bills. Davis is probably going to draw interest as a #1 guy and I don't think the team sees him that way.

He's obviously not at a Deebo or AJ Brown level, but Dionte Johnson is a good comp from a production standpoint.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jets haven’t had a “take care of business” game in a long time. I don’t care about stats today. Just win.

Don't get me wrong, if they lose today i'm going to be pissed off. Just trying to temper my expectations for a game in a place I can't ever remember the Jets playing well.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1584170165943799811

Go get Chubb immediately.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

syzpid posted:

I was walking through a Philly Suburb the other night and I saw a house with 2 brand new team flags. It was a Bills flag and Patriots flag and I was supremely confused. I would say they were bandwagon fans if the Pats flag looked older but they were both new. Would have loved to hear the story of how a Bills & Pats fan ended up near Philly

Easy, half of Buffalo moves to Boston for a few years at some point in their twenties, but Boston real estate is unaffordable. Move to Boston, meet someone, realize home ownership an hour outside of the city sucks, so off to Philly the new couple goes.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I see Giants, Jets, and Bills car decorations in pretty close to equal numbers here in Eastern Long Island. I assume it's largely from college couples that met in a western New York SUNY school.

(And Bills fans being disproportionately attached to their football team, especially right now.)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Dolphins should trade all their draft picks for Pat Surtain Jr, because he should be playing in Miami anyway

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Considering just outright watching the Jets instead of Red Zone.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

They are playing a top 5 defense in the NFL in one of the hardest places to play in the sport. This isn't an easy game no matter how bad their offense is.

I agree. Wasn’t saying it will be an easy game, but we should expect them to take care of business on defense.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The 49ers will need to outscore the Chiefs by 62 points to equal the Bills in having the best points differential, while the Chiefs will need to outscore the 49ers by 65 to do the same. The Eagles would need a mere 39 but they're on bye too. Perhaps New England will crush the Bears by 67 points?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

fsif posted:

Considering just outright watching the Jets instead of Red Zone.

It's gonna be a close game but not an exciting one I think.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sirtommygunn posted:

It's gonna be a close game but not an exciting one I think.

Agreed but I think the Jets are a really fascinating team at the moment. A bunch of budding players with star potential and Zach Wilson.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol college guy did Gesicki's griddy

https://twitter.com/bebrade02/status/1584195584281706496?s=20&t=7TtoJCstk0UF0umBIM7Ktg

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Gonna copy my thoughts from the N/V thread, edited down:

Redeye Flight posted:

BYE WEEKS: VIKINGS, BILLS, RAMS, EAGLES: This is kind of a dire combination since it takes out three of the top teams in the NFL, two of whom were actually hyper exciting to watch and one of whom was the Heart Attack Kids. Also the Rams are here. Gonna be a lot less exciting football to watch with both the Bills and Eagles off. The Rams desperately needed this bye, though, and the Bills could honestly use it too to become even more deadly. Maybe the Vikings can finally get the offense out of neutral and the defense on the road at all with this break.

JETS-BRONCOS: This one has completely reversed itself from how I'd have said it'd go if you'd asked me at the start. If the Jets want to keep looking legit and tuning up this whatever the hell it is they have going here, they should win this no problem. If the Broncos want to pull out of the death spiral they're stuck in, they REALLY gotta win this one, and it doesn't look like it's going to be easy. Both teams lean on the defense.

STEELERS-DOLPHINS: The Steelers really need to nurse that win over Brady, because the Dolphins are going to be a way more brutal challenge for them and I think they're getting Tua back too? This could get real ugly fast. Also the Brian Flores narratives will run fuckin' wild.

BEARS-PATRIOTS: Who the gently caress is responsible for this? What sick son of a bitch BEFORE THE YEAR STARTED looked at these two piles of rubble and thought they'd make a good primetime game together? This is going to be horrific. I can only hope for a tie.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

tarbrush posted:

Dolphins should trade all their draft picks for Pat Surtain Jr, because he should be playing in Miami anyway

IMO I'd like to see the Dolphins try and get Albert O off of the Broncos. It's inane that the Broncos are burying him, and they really need to completely revamp the TE room.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Id love for them to kick the tires on some starting caliber RTs solely because I can’t stand to watch Grier draft more OTs in the first. He’s just so bad at it

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

syzpid posted:

One of my best friends from childhood is a massive Pats fan living just outside Philly in Media (he went to Drexel and never left the area) but I can’t help you on the Bills side.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Man the wait for these 4pm games is a slog.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Diva Cupcake posted:

Man the wait for these 4pm games is a slog.

Yep. I'm not going to get to stay up for the Miami game either :(

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lets loving go

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Gross first drive

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Brutal hold on a guy already falling down to kill the first down.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Bullshit holding call to kill the drive

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DJ Reed just murdered Jerry Juedy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Arg how they not gonna show this in south Florida? We’re basically jets south it’s disgusting

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

DJ Reed just murdered Jerry Juedy.

Incredible hit off an awesome read

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Might revise my score prediction to 13-7.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Please stop rolling out to the left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Rodgers losing, Brady losing, all I need is a Jets win to make today great.