Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just to make sure I have it clear, Daylight Savings in the UK isn't till next week, right? And the new episode airs in roughly 8 hours from now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Christ you know the shows in trouble if the Brits don't even know when it's airing

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I'm going to be on a plane precisely when it airs so when I land its going to be extremely tempting to look straightaway at spoilers.

Hope Ace is a badass in the episode and that David Tennant doesn't say "What!??" If he makes an appearance at the end.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looking forward to seeing Jon Pertwee fall out of the TARDIS in Epping after the Fugitive Doctor regenerates.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Rhyno posted:

DST is probably the unintentional result of one of the Doctor's adventures.

DST you say? DST...
*Murray Gold music begins*
Of course. It's so obvious! It's Doctor Saving Time!
*Murray Gold Orchestra explodes*

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tomorrow's my birthday, and I get a new ep of Doctor Who AND it's a regeneration ep :3:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Confusedslight posted:

I'm going to be on a plane precisely when it airs so when I land its going to be extremely tempting to look straightaway at spoilers.

Hope Ace is a badass in the episode and that David Tennant doesn't say "What!??" If he makes an appearance at the end.

I hope he says what three times like what? What?!! What.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
On a scale of 1-10 how bad would it be if the regeneration is Gatwa, but he looks like Tennant in the mirror and to everyone else?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Creature posted:

On a scale of 1-10 how bad would it be if the regeneration is Gatwa, but he looks like Tennant in the mirror and to everyone else?

Oh boy...

Wait so is today Jodie's last story?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Confusedslight posted:

You know he is.

Creature posted:

What the gently caress?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
So I'm 4 episodes into Flux and I'm kinda enjoying it? The first episode felt like Chibnall throwing mystery boxes at my head for 45 minutes but the next 3 were decent enough episodes. They're still messy (and are unavoidably linked to the Chibnall Master Plan) but I'm invested in the separated star lovers, the campy crystal aliens are fun villains, and the angels were scary. I don't think the broader plot is going to make any sense but it could be (and has been) worse.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Angels is the best ep of Flux.

Curious on your thoughts once you've completed it re: ongoing ramifications for the universe.
Chibnall did not stick the landing

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The Angels' episode of Flux isn't just the best episode of Flux, it's also basically the only Angels episode since Blink to genuinely use them well. Flesh and Stone/Time of Angels was probably a better story, but it basically didn't use the pre-existing Angel concept at all and instead worked off a bunch of entirely new stuff it stapled on to them.

The Angels Flux episode even managed to implement that 'images of Angels become Angels' idea in a way that largely supplemented the usual Angels stuff!

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
Well, it's the last day I can post this and it still be up to date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=828rVOsSifg

Buml0r fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 23, 2022

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1583488490712375296

LEGS-TER-MI-NATE

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

tag yourself, i'm the pink dalek wearing glowsticks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Tomorrow's my birthday, and I get a new ep of Doctor Who AND it's a regeneration ep :3:

Happy Generation Day, enjoy the Regeneration.... today!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
ten minutes

I won't lie I'm excited, but also this will be poop from the butt.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Welp, here we go. For better or worse, it's new Doctor Who!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Spikey shoulder pads, these are the cybergoth men.

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
Mahaha I forgot they made timelord cybermen

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The cyber time lords are a fundamentally bad idea spun out of an earlier terrible idea, but the designs are undeniably kind of cool.

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
Was that a big glaring blue screen cutout around that woman who wasn't ace just then?

Edit - AW look at her! Didn't expect to be taken back to when I was a kid watching Corners but here we are

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RASPUTIN!?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh not that lovely Cyberman again.....

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Okay, if this sticks its super weird to write dan out at the start of the episode.

Jerusalem posted:

RASPUTIN!?!

Mastputin I assume!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah I have to assume he'll be in the rest of the episode somehow, it would be kinda crazy if he's just.... done.

SiKboy posted:

Mastputin I assume!

Ahaha that would actually explain why they had so much trouble killing him.

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
Hahaaaa why not

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Gallifreys greatest love machine.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
lol did she call them CyberMasters????

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mondas!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahahaha they did it, the madmen, they made the Master Rasputin!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
shoutout to Darwan's role on The Great

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
Chap Masputin was talking to just now, I recognise him. It's not the oldest boy from lion the witch and the wardrobe is it?

Edit: Richard Dempsey, I'm thinking of. I'll keep a beady eye on the credits

Buml0r fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 23, 2022

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
CYBERMASTERS WEAR CAPES lmfao

Buml0r posted:

Chap Masputin was talking to just now, I recognise him. It's not the oldest boy from lion the witch and the wardrobe is it?

I dunno about that, but the youngest guy from The Famous Five is Gary Russell.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yaz: Wait.... there were MORE lesbians?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahahaha the Master is such a dick :lol:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The master is unexpectedly good at drawing diagrams in chalk.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
These loving paintings :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Open Source Idiom posted:

These loving paintings :allears:

I think american gothic was my favourite.