Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
"Players who choose to shave and keep the expression" got a chuckle out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
THERE MUST BE ANOTHER WAY INTO THE BUILDING

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

dead gay comedy forums posted:

I had to kill some time and welp

thank you for this

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:

We're close!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Dieting Hippo posted:

Inspiration struck when I saw the Silent Hill 2 remake trailer.

https://twitter.com/dietinghippo/status/1583007436977602560

Far too much Morale H.P. for that character.

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:

The fact that most of these apply to the Pale speaks to how compelling a literary device it is.

Also Egghead being an innocence is a theory I like even better when you connect it to the Pale. Centuries compressed into decades, decades of partying as the Pale shreds Elysium apart... Boogie into that long lonesome night.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

aww, did telling Abigail not make it onto the berg

I do like the Innocentic Egghead and Arno van Eyck theories, though

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

what is the blue and white portrait, second from the bottom? above the mysterious eyes at the gate.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

That's the Moralintern.

Related: Moralist playthrough kind of sucks for the (intentionally) infuriating bureaucratic bullshit that gets thrown at Harry. It all pays off though, because turning Egg Head into a moralist is the dumbest, funniest thing I've seen in this game.

"INCREMENTAL CHANGE!!! I'm slowly moving towards a solution which pleases nobody!"

Also it was kind of cute at the end when Kim observed that my moralism was at odds with basically everything I did and said.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I don’t recognize the second or blue and white moralist pics at all …huh. Who’s the second photo?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

the_american_dream posted:

I don’t recognize the second or blue and white moralist pics at all …huh. Who’s the second photo?

"Don't call Abigail". He's one of the drunks at the fishing village.
Blue+White only shows up in the Moralist Vision Quest.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Do you ever get any more information about the shoot-out at the church, or is it just something alluded to and never expanded on?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Samovar posted:

Do you ever get any more information about the shoot-out at the church, or is it just something alluded to and never expanded on?

If I remember right, I think they talk about it a little at the end, but it's not much more information.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Jack Trades posted:

If I want to replay the game again then I'd have to acquire the version of Final Cut before they hosed up the voices because the new Scab Leader is really bad.

wow, yeah, what the gently caress did they do? it sounds like they literally just down pitched the existing lines

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Horizon Burning posted:

wow, yeah, what the gently caress did they do? it sounds like they literally just down pitched the existing lines

There have been idiots complaining that Scab Leaders voice was too high pitched for his character so that's probably exactly what they did, pitched the voice lines down.
What a poo poo show.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
What the gently caress

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I bet Kurvitz wouldn't have done that. :colbert:

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
If the scab leader doesn't sound like a shut-in podcast dork I don't care for it.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

tripwood posted:

If the scab leader doesn't sound like a shut-in podcast dork I don't care for it.

I didn’t think Felix was a great VA but I did really appreciate how literal mercenary using the language of empowerment to try to break a strike is basically a Felix character concept. Just needed a bit about self-care and maybe a “it’s not my job to educate you”

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
*over the next few years a series of small patches remove the option for Harry to be a communist and the subplot about Evrart's drug trade is replaced with an illegal puppy fight ring*

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

christmas boots posted:

*over the next few years a series of small patches remove the option for Harry to be a communist and the subplot about Evrart's drug trade is replaced with an illegal puppy fight ring*

Don't speak such things into the world.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Best Friends posted:

I didn’t think Felix was a great VA but I did really appreciate how literal mercenary using the language of empowerment to try to break a strike is basically a Felix character concept. Just needed a bit about self-care and maybe a “it’s not my job to educate you”

i think his voice fit well but of all the chapo guys i think matt did the best job of sounding like a guy trying really hard to be confident while covering up for being afraid. it mightve been unintentionally well done, but im sad to hear it was replaced

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Dieting Hippo posted:

Inspiration struck when I saw the Silent Hill 2 remake trailer.

https://twitter.com/dietinghippo/status/1583007436977602560

Mr. Pyramid is helping me find my wife.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Not Important posted:

Mr. Pyramid is helping me find kill my wife.

Fixed that for you

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
https://technewsspace.com/the-fight-has-begun-the-author-of-disco-elysium-sued-the-studio-za-um/

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

wiegieman posted:

That's really how the RCM works. It's the Citizen's Militia, not a centralized police department imposed from above -- the people created it, and the people support it.

Okay, this current play through I told Titus he should join the RCM. He thinks about it! Now that we have union members in the RCM keeping thing good in Martinaise maybe the pay will get better too.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

lets loving go

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Nearly done with this second play through...

I failed the Inland Empire check to convince Kim there is a SEXY twist to the case twice while playing this run...
After finding the sniper... talking to the phasmid again, getting the scope... and everything i wrapped up in a neat little bow. Killer, motive, murder weapon, etc.
I pass it. To say to Kim, "I killed him! and then blocked out the memory."

This is game is amazing.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Maybe there doesn't have to be a murder, maybe its just sex!

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Anybody notice anything new after today's ~150mb update? No patch notes, but SteamDB lists some translation changes, plus a bunch of changes to levels & assets. No idea what that's about, though.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

they added turkish localization

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Does the Turkish one actually have Turkish voice acting?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

no, none of the localizations are voice acted

still it's an enormous script to translate into... 11 languages now

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I'm surprised I can't find more political compass memes for this game. Just not sure if Moralism is bottom left or the "I just want to grill" guy.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I'm surprised I can't find more political compass memes for this game. Just not sure if Moralism is bottom left or the "I just want to grill" guy.

Fascist top right, Ultraliberal bottom right, Communist top left, nothing in the bottom left because all the Anarchists got shot

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

For some reason the first time I read about this I misread Robert Kurvitz as Richard Horvitz and spent a good while thinking Disco Elysium was written by Invader Zim

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

christmas boots posted:

Maybe there doesn't have to be a murder, maybe its just sex!
Revanchol: hosed forever and ever.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Moralism would place itself non-ideologically dead center. But in practice it would almost certainly be creeping up the top right.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Sardonik posted:

Moralism would place itself non-ideologically dead center. But in practice it would almost certainly be creeping up the top right.

The people with the airship fleet which has all of its guns pointed down would like to assure you that they are not at all authoritarian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

wiegieman posted:

The people with the airship fleet which has all of its guns pointed down would like to assure you that they are not at all authoritarian.
More :clap: female :clap: aerostatic :clap: signalers!