Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

rodbeard posted:

That reminds of this one guy I went to school with who told me that Save me San Francisco by Train was their favorite song. I thought he was joking but he got super pissed off when I laughed.

More often than not the answer to the question, “hey who sang that annoying pop song?” used to be Train. Now it’s Train and/or Imagine Dragons. The worst thing train ever did was putting words to “Heart and Soul”. God it was so loving bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

I found the 2012 gooncave thread, people there are saying the original crawlspace goon was "Bungmonkey"

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519941&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Vim Fuego posted:

I found the 2012 gooncave thread, people there are saying the original crawlspace goon was "Bungmonkey"

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519941&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

you can see a little note with the username written on it up against the bedpost

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just noticed the Animaniacs CD in the bag there

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

also this is an extremely deep cut but whenever I see multi CRT setups I think about the horrifically gross guy who would 8 box EverQuest and posted only about how amazing he was and all of the prostitutes he had sex with. when people made fun of him he had the women hold up signs bragging about his penis and EverQuest skills.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

More often than not the answer to the question, “hey who sang that annoying pop song?” used to be Train. Now it’s Train and/or Imagine Dragons. The worst thing train ever did was putting words to “Heart and Soul”. God it was so loving bad.

heart and soul already had words, train went through the effort of writing new words to put over heart and soul lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Alaois posted:

heart and soul already had words, train went through the effort of writing new words to put over heart and soul lol

It was so loving bad. It actually made me angry and I'm 100% aware that it shouldn't have. Related: Imagine Dragons did a medley of Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" and "Stand By Me" that my daughter was listening to and it was equally upsetting.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 24, 2022

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Alaois posted:

I don't think I've heard this song, so I won't

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

haha what posted:

you can see a little note with the username written on it up against the bedpost

Heath posted:

Just noticed the Animaniacs CD in the bag there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHepKd38pr0

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

It was so loving bad. It actually made me angry and I'm 100% aware that it shouldn't have. Related: Imagine Dragons did a medley of Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" and "Stand By Me" that my daughter was listening to and it was equally upsetting.

Blank Space is a good song

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

sharknado slashfic posted:

It looks like a poi from Fallout NV

You'd probably pick up more rads, tho

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
living in a cave or disused nuclear missile silo sounds cool

never log off just get eaten by bats

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Blank space is a good song but no song I've heard by imagine dragons is a good song

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Blank Space is fine when performed by Taylor Swift. Blank Space + Stand By Me medley performed by Imagine Dragons is not.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Iv got a blank space baaby, and ill write "ur gay"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

imagine music

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dongicus posted:

God dammit this is going to be stuck in my head like this forever now

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 24, 2022

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Runa posted:

imagine music

:dafuq:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
putting noise in the right order, ahhh yeah that's the stuff

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Vim Fuego posted:

from an earlier sagas thread, the earlier FYAD thread where bungmonkey shows up:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2537734&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Empty Sandwich posted:

from an earlier sagas thread, the earlier FYAD thread where bungmonkey shows up:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2537734&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

lmaoing at that thread

king of the gays posted:

bungmonkey have you ever walked in on a rat cleaning your room

king of the gays posted:

bungmonkey do you take solace in the fact that when you do die from a respiratory illness you will have died doing what you loved: impersonating a hobbit

Argyle posted:

bungmonkey is it weird when David Lynch comes over and masturbates

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
that ain't hobbit living. bilbo would never.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
gollum_gaming.tv

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

some plague rats posted:

lmaoing at that thread

going back through and apart from the Lynch thing my favorite so far is

Crok posted:

bungmonkey did you even get the point behind captain planet

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Music chat got me remembering the Demo Roundup on the front page and that one where Dr. Thorpe gave a glowing review to a gay furry electronic funk track.

"I gotta find a male / gonna hit up that tail / and trace my tongue up your happy trail / motherfucker yeah" pops up in my head every once in a while.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Dongicus posted:

Ive been doing this in my head for a while now when i do it its 'im gay'

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lumbermouth posted:

Music chat got me remembering the Demo Roundup on the front page and that one where Dr. Thorpe gave a glowing review to a gay furry electronic funk track.

"I gotta find a male / gonna hit up that tail / and trace my tongue up your happy trail / motherfucker yeah" pops up in my head every once in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dq84jC84EE

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Runa posted:

imagine music

ok, now what

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Empty Sandwich posted:

Amazing thread

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Goon Boots posted:

ok, now what

im waking up

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

the folding chair for when he has guests makes it

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

What is David Thorpe up to these days? I need to thank him for accidentally getting me into The Mars Volta. I checked out their album to see if it was as bad as he said it was.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Goon Boots posted:

ok, now what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q84N7sn6Lls

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

those old david thorpe music articles are much funnier now if you read them with the image of him looking at his phone at the smash mouth eggs event in your head

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

those old david thorpe music articles are much funnier now if you read them with the image of him looking at his phone at the smash mouth eggs event in your head

Sweatclothes fat dude getting owned by Smashmouth was DocEvil, not David Thorpe. David Thorpe was dannymanic.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
but is it funnier to imagine it was

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

living in a disused nuclear missile silo sounds cool

There are people already living that dream.

If I had infinite money, I'd drat well be one of them.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Sweatclothes fat dude getting owned by Smashmouth wasn't David Thorpe.

Yeah it’s weird Twitter superstar Jon “@fart” Hendren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tiler Kiwi posted:

but is it funnier to imagine it was

I agree but as someone who spent too much money on a graduate education in history I feel it's my job to be a party pooper.