Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Marquee still isn't available on YouTube TV :mad:

It is available on something called "fubo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

R.D. Mangles posted:

Sounds like something teenagers would call my gut

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ammat The Ankh posted:

punto.gif remains my favorite baseball gf of all time.

I think YankeesFans.gif will always be the king

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
YankeesFans is king for sure. My personal fave is still

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/status/1583678273698963457

ryan spaeder is going through some things and is tired of baseball twitter making fun of him for being friends with curt schilling

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Johnny Bravo posted:

ryan spaeder is going through some things and is tired of baseball twitter making fun of him for being friends with curt schilling

I don't know who this is and was only able to make it through like 1/2 of his Twitter essay before I decided I don't care he's too whiny

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

"HEY! STAR! HEY!" :sigh:

(referring to Starlin Castro)

Also Cubs won the pennant 6 years ago today :toot:

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Penisaurus Sex posted:

my all-time favorite one was someone doing a little tuck and roll into home plate to try and avoid a tag except it was super slow so they were just tagged anyway.

No idea who it was though.

If I remember right, the one that looks like he's rolling into home plate is a reversed version of a gif where a player is rolling off the catcher after a play at the plate. But damned if I can find either of them! :argh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Johnny Bravo posted:

Dude says he's too much of an outlaw journalist to be accepted into BBWAA circles lol

He think's he's the Hunter S Thompson of baseball

e:

https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/status/1583688160386568192

lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

This one holds a special place in my heart because I was at the game

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

"HEY! STAR! HEY!" :sigh:

(referring to Starlin Castro)

Also Cubs won the pennant 6 years ago today :toot:

One of my favorite games to go back and watch in full because the broadcast starts off sucking Kershaw's dick like a vacuum while talking about how Maddon can "maybe hope" to get 3-4 out of Kyle. And then whoops lol we get one of the most iconic October Kershaw choke jobs while Hendricks is pitching the game of his life and Buck/Smoltz go through like the five stages of grief realizing what's happening. :allears:

Also gently caress you Joe six years on and I'm still mad you pulled Kyle in the 8th, he could have gotten that GIDP just as easily as the wife beating piece of poo poo.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

One of my favorite games to go back and watch in full because the broadcast starts off sucking Kershaw's dick like a vacuum while talking about how Maddon can "maybe hope" to get 3-4 out of Kyle. And then whoops lol we get one of the most iconic October Kershaw choke jobs while Hendricks is pitching the game of his life and Buck/Smoltz go through like the five stages of grief realizing what's happening. :allears:

Also gently caress you Joe six years on and I'm still mad you pulled Kyle in the 8th, he could have gotten that GIDP just as easily as the wife beating piece of poo poo.

Kershaw didn't have a terrible game either. It wasn't good nor anywhere near good-Kershaw but it wasn't a bad outing. If they won that game the story would have been "he pitched good enough." Except cool Kyle was determined to go to the WS and no dodger bat was gonna stop him.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Intruder posted:

Dude says he's too much of an outlaw journalist to be accepted into BBWAA circles lol

I had forgotten about that dude, he started to post some lovely for being lovely sake stuff years ago. I had no idea about Schilling but now it makes sense, he just couldn't contain the chud.

https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/status/1583859156360245248?s=20&t=GMolR3UeWbBAwMMzvhraHg

Good with stats it seems, bad with root cause analysis. Maybe OAN wants to get into sports.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have no idea who that is but apparently his big falling out was two summers ago when he just started tweeting every random cheating conspiracy theory he could find targeting the likes of Judge, Utley, and Adrian Beltre. I’m sure that made him many friends.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I have no idea who that is but apparently his big falling out was two summers ago when he just started tweeting every random cheating conspiracy theory he could find targeting the likes of Judge, Utley, and Adrian Beltre. I’m sure that made him many friends.

He also apologized for it afterwards and then look at the tweet I posted regarding that

Just utter scumbag

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Mustached Demon posted:

Kershaw didn't have a terrible game either. It wasn't good nor anywhere near good-Kershaw but it wasn't a bad outing. If they won that game the story would have been "he pitched good enough." Except cool Kyle was determined to go to the WS and no dodger bat was gonna stop him.

The Cubs faced the minimum 27 batters that game. It was way more about Hendricks being good than Kershaw being bad.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs faced the minimum 27 batters that game. It was way more about Hendricks being good than Kershaw being bad.

Yup, 3 baserunners. Two singles given up by Kyle one his first pitch and last pitch, both erased by GIDP, one BB from Chapman also erased by GIDP.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Mustached Demon posted:

He didn't have his slider at all and was very clearly being shook by the crowd. So it was just FB/CB mostly. Also he inexplicably tried to do the drop-down side arm FB thing to Rizzo even though Rizzo was all over that pitch previously and was then shocked when Rizzo took him yard.

more falafel please posted:

Yup, 3 baserunners. Two singles given up by Kyle one his first pitch and last pitch, both erased by GIDP, one BB from Chapman also erased by GIDP.

Kyle was striking guys out swinging throwing 90 at the top of the zone, it ruled.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I like Kershaw a lot, honestly wish him the best, and think he's probably the best pitcher of a generation, but that made it all the more satisfying to beat him that night. Especially after the G2 matchup where Kyle was also awesome and just got beat by the wind.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

R.D. Mangles posted:

I have fubo and its mostly alright but it doesn't have TBS so I've watched the entire ALCS in spanish

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Poque posted:

It's the head tilt and looking off into the middle distance that's so perfect and relatable.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

It's the head tilt and looking off into the middle distance that's so perfect and relatable.

mariners_fan_2002-2021.gif

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Padres... hello!

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

camoseven posted:

Padres... hello!

https://twitter.com/sdutKevinAcee/status/1584345968153022465

Fated, it turns out.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh that reminds me, the dads disproved Ewing Theory in addition to breaking the Dodgers streak

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

Oh that reminds me, the dads disproved Ewing Theory in addition to breaking the Dodgers streak

Or, hear me out here, are the Braves the Ewing of the NL, so them not being there made the Padres and Phillies even stronger? I'll discuss it more after Pearl Jam.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sucks that the baseball season is completely over now that the dads are dead.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Sucks that the baseball season is completely over now that the dads are dead.

97.3 is gonna be super entertaining tomorrow at least. One more pitcher and they’re a lock to be back in a wild card

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

welcome to the world famous New York Yankees.

Their season might be over but guess who doesn't know that, millions of Europeans wearing yankee hats where every day is a world series.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

illcendiary posted:

97.3 is gonna be super entertaining tomorrow at least. One more pitcher and they’re a lock to be back in a wild card

Is that a SD radio station? I live in a hell hole named Indiana lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Yankees should let Judge walk tbh.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You gotta fire Boone at the very least

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You gotta fire Boone at the very least

Cashman for not signing Harper for whatever fuckin reason.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh joy. The off-season thread. Where I get to enjoy Astros fans trolling and mcmagic wanting to blow everything up. Nothings changed except my blood pressure.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m not trolling, I genuinely believe Boone should be fired.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't think any Astros fans are trolling here.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

STAC Goat posted:

Oh joy. The off-season thread. Where I get to enjoy Astros fans trolling and mcmagic wanting to blow everything up. Nothings changed except my blood pressure.

They shoulda done what I wanted years ago.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Fire every manager especially Joe Girardi

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Reminder that the NL Champion Philadelphia Phillies went 0-6 vs the cubs this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Fire every manager especially Joe Girardi

only if scott servais is promoted to team dad