Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

go chu chu go!!! i really liked this ep being more low stakes, suletta freaking out was both very relatable and very :(, and chuchu throwing hands Ruled (and i liked how there wasn't a fix found for the spray in the ep either and they just have to redo the test once again); also lmao at guel going maximum tsundere

also also sulettas hair sure is long, and chutuary panlunch is a great gundam name

MonsterEnvy posted:

The English Site finally put up the glossary
https://en.gundam.info/about-gundam/series-pages/witch/words/

Also profiles for the Earth House students

this was super cool!! i hope the girls get added to the eng site and also the earth house squad shows up more cause they seem fun :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mad Dog of Earth Chuchu

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

kirtar posted:

I see that MioMio wanting to escape to Earth buys her no points with the Earthians (or at least Chuchu)

Is Mio's wish to go to Earth known outside of her father/security detail/Suletta?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Technowolf posted:

Is Mio's wish to go to Earth known outside of her father/security detail/Suletta?

She's certainly told them enough. Even the randos in the first episode knew it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Supremezero posted:

She's certainly told them enough. Even the randos in the first episode knew it.

Well they were Guel her current fiancé at the times friends.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's very exciting to see the birth of A New Gundam Meme

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chuchu better have sick punches in her mech also

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

It's very exciting to see the birth of A New Gundam Meme

Always a beautiful event

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I can't wait to see what Chuchu's non-trainer MS looks like.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

https://twitter.com/gimhuibuya/status/1583894211392258048

https://twitter.com/m0721804/status/1584154922672566272

https://twitter.com/m_o_g_m_o_g_555/status/1584100435668836352

i hope chuchu gets to punch more lights out :pray:

incidentally i noticed a bit of discussion about miorines bit where shes all "you're just as bad as the spacians" to chuchu for being kind of a dick towards suletta; they'll probably develop that attitude (mio's out of touch, perhaps) as the show goes on but i thought that line was quite funny contrasted with the peaceful protest on earth getting literally stomped on by giant MSes and the discussion of the news all getting that sweet space cash :v:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Potsticker posted:

I can't wait to see what Chuchu's non-trainer MS looks like.

Her suits a custom trainer, though later in the series I could see her getting a new one.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

Her suits a custom trainer, though later in the series I could see her getting a new one.

yeah, I know her trainer is customized a bit. I hardly think they're just going to have her pilot that for 25 episodes though!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Something I noted is I think there's something to being the Holder that's not been told yet. Jeturk's investors seem pissed about the duel outcome, and I wonder if there's a major prize for graduating as the Holder. CEO of your own company and startup funds or something, I dunno.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Given how much company ownership gets passed down to children in real life, I assume they're pissed because it means they can't count on getting Delling's assets when he bites it now.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Something I noted is I think there's something to being the Holder that's not been told yet. Jeturk's investors seem pissed about the duel outcome, and I wonder if there's a major prize for graduating as the Holder. CEO of your own company and startup funds or something, I dunno.

From the first episode, it sounded like the Holder was heir to the company, so if Delling had "fallen down some stairs" before the end of the first episode, then by having Mio's hand in marriage, Guel(or more precisely, his father) would also have control over the Bennerit Group.

The plan was to get rid of Delling, get the company, and have full power. Suletta threw everything off schedule, and by losing again, Guel can't get things back in order yet.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/iynhfgPFRr3yRwP/status/1584151310374686720

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Pretty sure the complaints about Guel losing are more about making Jeturk and it's product look like poo poo.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/1584237310958194688

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i hope chuchu and miomio can become pals and bond over how much they hate being treated unfairly

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Iuciferic/status/1584393005880184833?s=20&t=uFxBMNV23aRtDsTw11EcMA

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Not really holy poo poo material in my estimation...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Holder is Miorine's Fiancé, and by extension prospective heir to the entire Benerit group. Vim was probably making a bunch of arrangements with his investors on the grounds that he would basically be in charge at this point until things got derailed.

Supremezero posted:

Pretty sure the complaints about Guel losing are more about making Jeturk and it's product look like poo poo.

It's both, they mention the defeats don't look good, and the future plans don't look nearly as promising with no Guel as heir to the company.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I can relate to ChuChu "when in doubt, punch someone lights out", the school requesting to do diplomacy and staff your exam without even a bit of advisor supports seems a tad too arbitrary even for ultra libertarian future.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Holder is Miorine's Fiancé, and by extension prospective heir to the entire Benerit group. Vim was probably making a bunch of arrangements with his investors on the grounds that he would basically be in charge at this point until things got derailed.

Ahh, very true. :doh:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://twitter.com/GRLFreitas2/status/1584178975974510594

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/lossthief/status/1584194288682164225?s=46&t=y3LGlT5-9TJSJXq12y-kNQ

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Ammat The Ankh posted:

drat, there's getting rejected and there's the girl running to her mecha and blasting the gently caress off

It reminds me of the end of the Macross 7 movie where Basara has gotten to know this really cool Zentradi rock chick with a transforming gun/guitar (guntar) named Emilia who has an obvious crush on Basara, before they have to fight some giant monsters to save the planet he found her on; only for the rest of Fire Bomber to show up right at the end and Mylene to wander in going "Oh hey sis" to the Zentradi, with Basara going "...sister?" followed by a smash cut to him taking off at speed in his variable fighter. Mylene was already causing him enough headaches, so as soon as he realized the connection he loving ran.

I'm assuming that this interaction/dynamic will show up in a future SD: G Gen, Super Robot Wars or Dynasty Warrior's: Gundam game.

Booky posted:

this was super cool!! i hope the girls get added to the eng site and also the earth house squad shows up more cause they seem fun :v:

I think the smuggler lady who was offering to take Miorine to Earth in episode 2 will become the captain of some kind of battleship that Suletta and Miorine end up on for future cours, and it seems likely that the Earth House gang will be part of the crew as mechanics and bridge crew for it, since the 3 main programs at the school are basically training for a warship (piloting, mechanics and strategy; which might as well be running a ship by the sounds of it). Chuchu being one of the main pilots supporting Suletta and on the supporting cast would be fun.

Potsticker posted:

yeah, I know her trainer is customized a bit. I hardly think they're just going to have her pilot that for 25 episodes though!

I'm hoping she keeps the Demi-Trainer she and Nika built the whole way through honestly. Yeah, it's goofy as gently caress looking, but if she can carry that poo poo through to the finale by adding more and more customized parts and equipment she steals off enemies then it'll show just what a boss she is.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's both, they mention the defeats don't look good, and the future plans don't look nearly as promising with no Guel as heir to the company.

he’s not just hosed but is probably a dead man walking at this point is what I’m guessing

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

he’s not just hosed but is probably a dead man walking at this point is what I’m guessing

I doubt he's a dead man walking, but his company might be.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I doubt he's a dead man walking, but his company might be.

He tried to assassinate a guy who gained his present position by being the best in the solar system at ruthless corporate violence. Even with Prospera covering for him, his days are extremely numbered.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Darth Walrus posted:

He tried to assassinate a guy who gained his present position by being the best in the solar system at ruthless corporate violence. Even with Prospera covering for him, his days are extremely numbered.

Yeah, I don't think he's some kind of long term antagonist or villain because he doesn't seem like he's good at long term planning or recovering from problems. I think he's going to die pretty early, and it's kind of an open question how Guel will respond to his death; especially if Suletta is involved on some level. There's the possibility that if she was that he'd show some loyalty to family, desire to inherit the business etc. and take up arms against Suletta despite continuing to like her, even if he papers over that attachment and tries to insist otherwise. I can see Lady Prospera killing off Vim as part of her plan, and that coming out once everything at the school goes to poo poo, with Guel holding it against Suletta because it comes out that she's Prospera's daughter, for instance.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Woke up, had another lol at the extent to which ChuChu just crumpled that girl.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I look forward to seeing the mean girls get owned a second time in the inevitable 2v2 duel

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
A good episode, Chuchu is the best and also, suletta with her hair down was cute.

Booky posted:

incidentally i noticed a bit of discussion about miorines bit where shes all "you're just as bad as the spacians" to chuchu for being kind of a dick towards suletta; they'll probably develop that attitude (mio's out of touch, perhaps) as the show goes on but i thought that line was quite funny contrasted with the peaceful protest on earth getting literally stomped on by giant MSes and the discussion of the news all getting that sweet space cash :v:

I'm looking forward to her actually getting to earth, seeing that poo poo in person and being horrified about reality

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nuebot posted:

I'm looking forward to her actually getting to earth, seeing that poo poo in person and being horrified about reality

Bobbie Draper going to Earth and having her expectations and Martian propaganda about its decadence be shattered from witnessing the firsthand poverty of the majority of the civilian population.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Runa posted:

I look forward to seeing the mean girls get owned a second time in the inevitable 2v2 duel

Looking at the Demi Trainer expansion set, I really hope that circular saw and piston are things Chu-chu gets to use in a Duel or something. She'd probably give Mikazuki a run for his money in terms of raw Mobile Suit brutality.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I know it's just meant to be a funny visual gag but the pedant in me was wondering why a mobile suit would need to stumble around and hold its arms out to emphasize its cameras are blind. Wouldn't it have more cameras and ground sensors to help the suit maintain balance instead of the single primary visor cam?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Looking at the Demi Trainer expansion set, I really hope that circular saw and piston are things Chu-chu gets to use in a Duel or something. She'd probably give Mikazuki a run for his money in terms of raw Mobile Suit brutality.

The spare hands remind me of the way Domon used to position the God's fingers under the gauntlets when doing the Erupting God Finger.

Do I think it's likely Chuchu's Demi-Trainer has a God Finger? No, not really. Do I want it to, even as a gag for gunpla only? loving hell, yes I do.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
On a second side-note, whether in the original dialogue or just an english dub gag (if it happens), I hope Chu-Chu gets to scream "LET'S ROOOOCK" before letting rip with that smart-gun knockoff of hers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Booky posted:

The show has been quite deliberate with what it's doing, so I have some hope that Miorine's line isn't going to be forgotten and will get explored later on. She's an heiress who lived a life of privilege and sees going to Earth more as a symbol of rebellion against Delling and desire to feel closer to her mom. She may have seen news reports about Earthian suppression but it's not going to be real for her until she makes her way down there, is what I imagine.