Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Seriously this team is like 90 years old play the few young guys you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

helmet fuckin rules

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/farhanlaljitsn/status/1584607691972173825?s=46&t=dH6eX5YawxXDQ3JiOEhjMQ

His 7-year extension kicks in next year

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

definitely the perfect "I'm not angry." response :11tea:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
You would think that NHL players and the coaches / management / ownership wouldn't give a poo poo if some obese gently caress in the nosebleeds waddles on down to throw his jersey onto the ice but all of the reporting out of Edmonton about it when it was going on was that it really does get under their skin more effectively than anything else lol

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

HookShot posted:

Can’t teach experience !

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I mean he is right but the best thing is to not say anything cause now everyone knows he is big pissy baby about this

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm glad he said something because it means that more Canucks fans are going to throw their $150 shirt on the ice and think they're proving a point, and the players are going to get even more pissed, and maybe they'll trade them.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Starsfan posted:

You would think that NHL players and the coaches / management / ownership wouldn't give a poo poo if some obese gently caress in the nosebleeds waddles on down to throw his jersey onto the ice but all of the reporting out of Edmonton about it when it was going on was that it really does get under their skin more effectively than anything else lol

Most players can deal well with being booed in away games, but getting booed and yelled at by what are supposed to be your own fans is not going to be a great feeling. I've seen games where the boo birds come out at the end of the 1st or 2nd and the first shift out the next period the players are flying around and getting their feet moving. Sometimes it really helps teams get it together. But game after game is going to be depressing. Especially when your team is playing like dogshit and you keep giving up leads because you're collectively playing poorly. Makes it hard to turn it around, but at the same time those boos are well earned.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
It’s funny that the most effective way to protest against an owner is to buy a jersey then buy a ticket and give away your jersey and risk getting banned from the arena.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I just saw that the Canucks now have Mike Yeo as an assistant coach and lol what the gently caress did they expect from that hire? He couldn’t get the Flyers to do line changes correctly last year.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
That guy is getting a decades long career as a highly paid NHL coach purely from looking far more competent than he is and giving a good interview. A lesson for us all.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Eric the Mauve posted:

That guy is getting a decades long career as a highly paid NHL coach purely from looking far more competent than he is and giving a good interview. A lesson for us all.

Who, Paul Maurice? :v:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Canucks don't have that dog in 'em

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcvcysmjG8E

Is Johnny's undershirt like Michael Jordan's lucky shorts in Space Jam where he insists on wearing it every game or...?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Duckman2008 posted:

I just saw that the Canucks now have Mike Yeo as an assistant coach and lol what the gently caress did they expect from that hire? He couldn’t get the Flyers to do line changes correctly last year.

If you’re a head coach and the GM tells you Mike Yeo will be your assistant, save yourself a couple months of misery and just fuckin quit. Guy seems to only get HC gigs by waiting in the wings for a coach to be fired

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

The Dirty Burger posted:

If you’re a head coach and the GM tells you Mike Yeo will be your assistant, save yourself a couple months of misery and just fuckin quit. Guy seems to only get HC gigs by waiting in the wings for a coach to be fired

Except Minnesota where he got promoted from the AHL team. And even in St Louis where it was a planned thing ahead of time. He was always going to go to Philly after Chuck got hired there, so Vancouver hiring him is an interesting pick for me.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Rutherford hired Yeo for the sole purpose of communicating to Boudreau as clearly as humanly possible that he does not want him there and is going to fire him the instant he can persuade Aquilini to do it. Which, the way things are going, looks likely to be about next week.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

WeaponX posted:

I mean he is right but the best thing is to not say anything cause now everyone knows he is big pissy baby about this

he is right
the fans should leave the "poo poo on ice" matters to the professionals on the canucks roster

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Mike Works posted:

It’s funny that the most effective way to protest against an owner is to buy a jersey then buy a ticket and give away your jersey and risk getting banned from the arena.

I've never done it, but if I did it would be with a cheap online knock-off.

HookShot posted:

I mean, they're playing Protas because he's a Big Body (tm), but he has done *checks notes* nothing with his 15 shifts a game. Malenstyn is just a head-scratcher. Dude peaked in the WHL.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

HookShot posted:

Vancouvers problem is that elite goaltending was the only reason this wasn’t happening last year. It’s not like Tyler Myers and OEL being loving pylons is a new thing. Only before they had too-tier goaltending to hide the fact that the entire defense is a dumpster fire. Demko is regressing slightly and it’s showing all of the flaws that were always there, he just kept the team out of trouble before.

Edit: I just realized I don’t know if Tyler Myers is a d-man. He might not be but he stays in the example.

Tyler Myers is actually a giraffe

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

my morning jackass posted:

helmet fuckin rules

Yea it’s really nice.

I feel like so many masks today are lame generic “team logo” designs like you’d see in easports nhl19 or whatever. I remember in the 90s there were much more unique cool designs. I wonder if it’s a thing like teams want more team focus rather than individual (I remember price had to have more generic Habs designed masks bc I think of therrien)

Not 100% sure but that’s the impression I get

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DuhSal posted:

Yea it’s really nice.

I feel like so many masks today are lame generic “team logo” designs like you’d see in easports nhl19 or whatever. I remember in the 90s there were much more unique cool designs. I wonder if it’s a thing like teams want more team focus rather than individual (I remember price had to have more generic Habs designed masks bc I think of therrien)

Not 100% sure but that’s the impression I get

I think most goalies have cool masks (and pads!), theyre just limited to practices and poo poo.

e: I 100% see guys like Torts, Babcock and Therrien banning them during games because they are just awful jerks.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Furnaceface posted:

I think most goalies have cool masks (and pads!), theyre just limited to practices and poo poo.

e: I 100% see guys like Torts, Babcock and Therrien banning them during games because they are just awful jerks.

Torts allowed these:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1203463320923193344?t=--gDza_IXKUppoASOlwZ5Q&s=19

I feel like Korpi had a cool set around the same time, too. Matiss Kivlenieks had the Joker on his mask.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

he's like...speedrunning becoming a big-contract pariah with all of the comments he's making. I like Boudreau as a coach, and say what you want about Torts in Vancouver, but I cannot imagine the nuclear-grade meltdown Torts would have if his star center was saying "I don't need to change anything" after giving up a ton of goals and "it's up to them" about the fans throwing jerseys. Someone in Vancouver's gotta pull him aside and tell him to shut his rear end up

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

CBJSprague24 posted:

Torts allowed these:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1203463320923193344?t=--gDza_IXKUppoASOlwZ5Q&s=19

I feel like Korpi had a cool set around the same time, too. Matiss Kivlenieks had the Joker on his mask.

There’s certainly some around the league that have cool masks and stuff (fleury usually does, miller used to when he played, for examples) but I think I just mean I see much less of them than in the past is all

As someone who likes art and design, I like to see creative poo poo on a canvas like a mask :p

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

he's like...speedrunning becoming a big-contract pariah with all of the comments he's making. I like Boudreau as a coach, and say what you want about Torts in Vancouver, but I cannot imagine the nuclear-grade meltdown Torts would have if his star center was saying "I don't need to change anything" after giving up a ton of goals and "it's up to them" about the fans throwing jerseys. Someone in Vancouver's gotta pull him aside and tell him to shut his rear end up

He just signed a guaranteed megacontract that takes him through the end of his career. He doesn't give a poo poo. He isn't even making a pretense of giving a poo poo. They can't even buy him out for at least like 5 years, if at all.

I feel bad for CAS but on the other hand I'm glad he's going out of his way to add another embarrassment to Aquilini's pile.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I asked Lakshmi for the Oilers to be blessed and it worked. Happy Diwali!!!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens have had some absolutely terrible periods this year and tonight they actually got punished for it. Got away with it against LA and Columbus.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

The Detroit Red Wings are the only team in the NHL without a loss in regulation.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I was expecting to be more impressed with the Devils.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Aquilini's pile.
Petition to change the team name to this until he sells.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Chad Sexington posted:

I was expecting to be more impressed with the Devils.

Name of the Ruff Era Commemorative DVD right there

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

He just signed a guaranteed megacontract that takes him through the end of his career. He doesn't give a poo poo. He isn't even making a pretense of giving a poo poo. They can't even buy him out for at least like 5 years, if at all.

I feel bad for CAS but on the other hand I'm glad he's going out of his way to add another embarrassment to Aquilini's pile.

I get that. Lord knows as a Rangers fan I get that. I've seen some players get megacontracts and start cruising...but I can't remember a guy just being openly this level of hostile in the first week after signing a contract. Madness

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

I get that. Lord knows as a Rangers fan I get that. I've seen some players get megacontracts and start cruising...but I can't remember a guy just being openly this level of hostile in the first week after signing a contract. Madness

He's had some controller disconnected moments last year, too.

The Athletic also ran a longform article about how Miller had problems giving a poo poo going back to junior, but now that he's gotten over that he is successful, which really should have been a warning sign.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Anyway, I wasn't expecting the Canucks to compete this year, but if they stay in first place after October I'll really be impressed. I really didn't see them outdoing Chicago and Arizona.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

My favourite part of the Canucks meltdown is that Jason Dickenson scored again, and is still on pace for 82 goals.

Sure he’s shooting at 50%, but he only got 5 last season in total..

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

VOTE1 posted:

My favourite part of the Canucks meltdown is that Jason Dickenson scored again, and is still on pace for 82 goals.

Sure he’s shooting at 50%, but he only got 5 last season in total..

He was such an obvious candidate for regression. Losing him was hard enough, but having to pay a 2nd to dump him is as poor asset management as anything Benning did.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

For those jersey shopping, Fanatics is having a sale which actually includes them for once. Grabbed a Laine CBJ jersey for 30% off.

E- FansEdge is also doing it- found through am ad on Facebook with the knocked-down price.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Oct 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

God that Stephenson, Eichel, Stone line is loving insane. I hope Cassidy sticks with that for tough matchups.

And for all my B.C. homies think about getting Bedard.