Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Bar Sinister only gives you 4x your best card.

Better pop Iron Fist in that deck,

And crank it up to 5x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

my opponent didn't realize the implication of New York spawning along with Bar Sinister.

GET THE gently caress IN THE CAR, BLUE MARVEL

(turn 3 nightcrawler congaline at 1:31)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7TWoaOH5Nc

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

CapnAndy posted:

Best play at Bar Sinister I've seen so far is my opponent dropping a Hulkbuster there to merge itself into a 16 power behemoth that still left 3 slots open.

Bar Sinister + Hulkbuster/Venom/Arnim Zola is as hilarious as it sounds and I'm loving it.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

This obscure strat was so powerful that it caused a disconnect (still lost tho)

Iron Fist caused Enchantress #1 to move and get +2 power. Enchantresses #2-5 all got the buff, too:

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Has all the advice about how best to play the system when you start out fresh been summarized anywhere?

(By play the system I mean the resources and progression)

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Apocron posted:

Has all the advice about how best to play the system when you start out fresh been summarized anywhere?

(By play the system I mean the resources and progression)

Go RV! posted:

All* levels of card upgrade are worth the same amount of CL per Credit, so level up whatever cards you think look cool. (*Frame Break is half price)

To level up a card, you need boosters and credits. NEVER BUY FAST UPGRADES FROM THE SHOP, you're going to be hard limited by credits, not boosters. To get boosters, you can either get them from CL/Season rewards, or by playing games with the card in your deck.

You're matched to other players by your Collection Level, so if you feel confident in your deck and want to grind out some ladder levels, you can save up credits to not move further. You have a cap of 5000, hitting it will permanently set back your progress. If you're going to do this, I'd recommend the breakpoints of the end of each pool of cards (CL214 and CL474).

If you want more credits, don't use gold to buy more. Use the gold on mission refreshes, as they'll give you additional season pass progress.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

They're trying to encourage you to discover some basic archetypes on your own :ssh: Ka-Zar and Spectrum are both strong Ongoing effects that want you to flood the board, and White Tiger and Odin are both On Reveal effects that combo extremely well together.

I need to play Onslaught and Captain America, but don't have Cap. Might buy the starter thing tho so guess it worked for them

Blue Marvel on Bar Sinister is a good play tho. My opponent dropped a Gamora there, and while they did have 70odd power, I still won everything else.
Amusing thing, all subsequent Gamoras got the bonus an extra time, starting with the original's bonus and duplicating the On Reveal as they spawned.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 26, 2022

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Serperoth posted:

I need to play Onslaught and Captain America, but don't have Cap.
That’s weird. I assumed it was the same pairs for everyone. That’s another powerful combo, though.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Serperoth posted:

Blue Marvel on Bar Sinister is a good play tho. My opponent dropped a Gamora there, and while they did have 70odd power, I still won everything else.
Amusing thing, all subsequent Gamoras got the bonus an extra time, starting with the original's bonus and duplicating the On Reveal as they spawned.

Yeah the way On Reveal effects work with making copies leads so some insanely nutty things, like the stuff about hulk buster, carnage, and venom earlier. Makes me really have a fun time with the game and god I want those pool 2 and 3 cards.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Lol at this shenanigans deck I just made.

1. Play nightcrawler on Bar Sinister, move them away.
2. Play Hulkbuster on Bar Sinster.
3. Play Kazan on Bar Sinister.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

plopped a thread in games, time to see if hearthstone peoples take notice of the latest BEN

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CapnAndy posted:

That’s weird. I assumed it was the same pairs for everyone.

It is. You're first asked to use White Tiger/Odin and Spectrum/Kazar from Pool 0, then on another day you're asked to use Onslaught and Cap.

Re: the pixel avatar from the Symbiote event - which one we get is determined by which side wins, so we won't get it until after the event ends on Friday.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks that the pixel variants look really ugly? I don't have anything against pixel art in general, but these seem particularly low effort.

edit: I mean, just look at it.

BoldFace fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Oct 26, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Some are better than others. Pixel Quinjet is good and would be played more if not for the Blueprints and Spirit of Vengeance variants. White Tiger, Doom and Jessica also have really good pixels. But yeah, that one is trash.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Watching 4 spiderwomen reduce the stats of whatever big play landed on bar sinister is so satisfying

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Does anyone try to play a theme deck like all Xmen characters or all Spiderman characters?

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I know I should spend my gold on daily refreshes. Is there a difference in whether I do it now or later?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

This took quite a few attempts to pull off

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CitizenKeen posted:

I know I should spend my gold on daily refreshes. Is there a difference in whether I do it now or later?

Never refresh if you can't empty two spots before the next natural refresh, obviously. Otherwise it doesn't matter, except that you're restricted to three refreshes a day so if you don't do it today you lose the chance for good.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Ive changed my mind this game sucks, the number of blowouts ive had to bar sinister onslaught is KILLING ME. GIMME THAT CARD GAME!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I think I made a bad play lol

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

I've been playing since the start of beta and just finished my collection today at level 2,650 after pretty much exactly 5 months. Never bought gold or spent the gold that I did get on progression, though I did buy 4 of the 5 season passes. I took a few weeks off and didn't really go out of my way to optimize so I'm sure other people will get there faster.

Overall, I've been happy with the card acquisition model and still love playing. Late pool 2 and early pool 3 can be frustrating until you get a coherent deck together, but I think it is worth pushing through if you enjoy the game.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

People keep retreating when I play Yondu on Bar Sinister :sickos:

Space Friend
Dec 23, 2011

Pretty good posted:

People keep retreating when I play Yondu on Bar Sinister :sickos:

This is way better than the jerks who think they're being cute with scorpion.

Although now that you mention it, I definitely want to try cable there

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Space Friend posted:

This is way better than the jerks who think they're being cute with scorpion.

Although now that you mention it, I definitely want to try cable there

Probably not a good idea. Playing on curve you'll fill your hand with stuff you might not easily be able to get rid of or use yourself.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Turn 1: They nightcrawler Bar Sinister.
Turn 2: They move nightcrawlers onto an Ant Man
Turn 3: They drop Ebon Maw on Bar Sinister
Turn 4: I drop Killmonger

This will never stop being funny.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

team overhead smash posted:

Goddamn, that's extremely tricky work with the Nightcrawlers you must have done to only have one Blue Marvel there.

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

team overhead smash posted:

How did you get Blue Marvel in the first position without it duping?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Crini posted:

How did you get Blue Marvel in the first position without it duping?

Step 1: Bar Sinister Nightcrawler
Step 2: Move 1 Nightcrawler off Bar Sinister, play Blue Marvel
Step 3: Move the other 3 Nightcrawlers off Bar Sinister, play Onslaught

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Klungar posted:

Step 1: Bar Sinister Nightcrawler
Step 2: Move 1 Nightcrawler off Bar Sinister, play Blue Marvel
Step 3: Move the other 3 Nightcrawlers off Bar Sinister, play Onslaught

Yup this. I had some bad luck with Bar Sinister not appearing or not getting one of the cards I need or one of them getting destroyed or something else like a TVA locations messing it up but it’s so so worth it when you can pull it off, especially as people seem willing to snap against me when they can’t see what I’m going for.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

GET BACK HERE AND LET ME DO THE FUNNY THING TO YOU

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I don't always lose, but when I do, I'm sure to confidently snap first :smug:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

We now have multiple competing threads in the main video games forum. I was first though so mine's totally the best thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4015761

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 26, 2022

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Duck and Cover posted:

We now have multiple competing threads in the main video games forum.

Send them all to this thread. I think mine was most firstest, so most bestest.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

CitizenKeen posted:

Agreed

Xtanstic posted:

Today's featured location is ripe for shenanigans

Lmao I one upped myself

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

CitizenKeen posted:

Game deserves a thread in the main games forum tho

And deserved one with a real op.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Wheeee posted:

Game deserves a thread in the main games forum tho

And deserved one with a real op.

I'll happily edit with an OP. I don't feel particularly qualified to write one - as I've noted upthread, if someone puts the effort in, I'll toss it in. I can try effort-posting tonight, but maybe only getting things half-right?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

It's like the Marvel Snap thread got placed on Bar Sinister.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The Sean posted:

It's like the Marvel Snap thread got placed on Bar Sinister.

Needs one more. GBS thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

CitizenKeen posted:

I'll happily edit with an OP. I don't feel particularly qualified to write one - as I've noted upthread, if someone puts the effort in, I'll toss it in. I can try effort-posting tonight, but maybe only getting things half-right?

I posted one in games, there’s currently a dumb low-effort shitposter trying to war with it.