Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on Jacob Rees-Mogg’s enthusiasm for fracking – The business secretary says he would be ‘delighted’ if shale gas extraction took place in his back garden"

Bonus! Steve Bell:

M People founder ‘very angry’ over use of song at Tory conference

Telegraph:

Liz Truss channels Margaret Thatcher in vow to defeat 'enemies of enterprise' holding Britain back

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Roald Dahl’s Matilda The Musical movie review: the best moments are extraordinary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Liz Truss and market forces – Puppet-like PM waits for finance sector’s string pullers to get her moving"

Telegraph:

"Liz Truss needs to defeat the anti-growth Tories first"

Matt:

"The tide of this war has shifted, and the Russians are far less brave"

Independent:

Conservative group condemns ‘amateurism and amorality’ of Liz Truss’s government

Times:

‘Very naughty’: the Greenpeace protesters who disrupted Liz Truss’s speech; U-turn or face wipeout, Nadine Dorries tells Liz Truss

Evening Standard:

Russia: Joe Biden warns risk of nuclear ‘Armageddon’ at highest level since Cuban Missile Crisis; Britain ‘planning’ for blackouts this winter, minister admits

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on National Grid’s warning of energy outages this winter – The government has resisted calls for a public information campaign to encourage consumers to cut back on energy use"

Telegraph:

Vladimir Putin turns 70 - but he’s not in the mood to celebrate

Matt:

Newspaper headlines: UK warned of blackouts in 'winter of disconnect'

Independent:

After Trophime Bigot.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

EU votes to force all phones to use same charger by 2024

Guardian Australian Sport:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I wish Brookes would gently caress off with that nature notes bullshit, there's probably less than six people alive who even remember whatever it is he's riffing on.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Although the times trashing the government is very funny

It should be noted that lizards are very much able to adapt to the natural world as are most other forms of reptiles, for example if I were to put a crocodile in his fish pond it would simply adapt by learning to live in his house during the winter months.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Tory growth plans unmasked – Liz Truss’s strategy for getting the economy going is not a pretty sight"

Sunday Telegraph:

Ukraine war: Bridge linking Russia to Crimea 'reopened' after powerful explosion

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Famously still using comrade, 21st century Russia.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tesseraction posted:

Famously still using comrade, 21st century Russia.

They do in the military.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Paladinus posted:

They do in the military.

Perhaps, but that's not what this comic is implying.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Paladinus posted:

They do in the military.

Mac Defence Squad has logged on?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Liz Truss’s first month as prime minister — Liz Truss and her cabinet have launched a fresh bid for unity after the most difficult party conference the Conservatives have seen in years saw MPs and ministers openly attacking her policies"

Telegraph:

Liz Truss tells Tory MPs to unite or face disaster

Times:

Crimea bridge blast is an act of terrorism, says Putin

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Liz Truss’s charm offensive – Under-fire PM tries to win over critics, including former minister Michael Gove"

Telegraph:

Nicola Sturgeon doesn’t regret saying she ‘detests’ Tories

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Bank of England forced to intervene again after mini-Budget chaos

David Squires:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Lmao, Blower may actually die mad thinking about Sturgeon, no matter how many decades away that is.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the pitfalls that lie ahead for Liz Truss – MPs have returned to the Commons after conference season, as the tumultuous fallout over the mini-budget continues"

Telegraph:

Pension chiefs warn Bank of England of further chaos if market life support ends on Friday; After Munch.

Matt:

Independent:

Why Liz Truss’s promise of ‘no cuts’ to public services is not what it seems

Times:

Evening Standard:

Power giants to face ‘windfall tax’ after all as Liz Truss delivers U-turn; Damien Hirst on new exhibition: I am not burning my art, I am transforming it

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Keir Starmer v Liz Truss at PMQs – Prime minister loses her head at tough parliamentary session"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Obituary: Angela Lansbury: A quick-witted and scrupulous star of stage and screen

Times:

Evening Standard:

Long-lost episodes of Desert Island Discs discovered by fan

Stephen Collins:

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on inflation and Truss’s meeting with King Charles – The prime minister and her chancellor have had quite an effect on our money"

Telegraph:

'Market forces' may force Liz Truss into tax U-turn, suggests Priti Patel

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

‘Dear, oh dear’ . . . King Charles’s greeting to Liz Truss at palace talks; King Charles makes guest appearance on The Repair Shop

Evening Standard:

Kwarteng flies back for mini-budget crisis talks with Truss; Kwasi Kwarteng sacked as Chancellor after just 38 days in job

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Brian Adcock on the sacking of Kwasi Kwarteng as chancellor – Liz Truss has failed to quell the turmoil in financial markets as investors attempted to assess the fallout from Kwarteng’s departure"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After Jan Matejko.

Times:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
poo poo cartoonist notes more like

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Liz Truss: not waving but drowning – Kwarteng is out, Hunt is in and the prime minister is all at sea"

Sunday Telegraph:

Britannia Unchained - Wikipedia

Matt:

"Britain's zombie economy is crumbling and the real culprits are getting off scot-free"

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

A throwback to when he was Health Secretary, I guess??

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Liz Truss’s precarious hold on power – One Tory MP has already said publicly he does not believe the prime minister can survive for much longer"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Hunt now ‘de facto’ prime minister, says senior Tory

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the shredding of Trussonomics – New chancellor Jeremy Hunt reverses disastrous mini-budget"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Hunt: ‘We must take decisions of eye-watering difficulty’

Matt:

Times:

After Rembrandt.

Evening Standard:

Papers urge Tory Party to deal with ‘lame duck’ Liz Truss

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on a dark future – Liz Truss and Jeremy Hunt prepare to take a scythe to spending" After Gustave Doré.

Telegraph:

"There is an alternative to Liz Truss, and this is how he[Sunak, lol] could take power"

Matt:

Times:

After William Hughes Mearns.

Evening Standard:

Truss commits to pensions triple lock despite Hunt signalling it could be scrapped; Inside the kink community’s conspiracy theory that Liz Truss is a 24/7 collared submissive

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Liz Truss going for growth – Liz Truss has pledged to maintain the so-called triple lock guarantee on pension increases, as she fought back against accusations from Keir Starmer that she is “not in charge” of her government or the country"

Telegraph:

"Why you shouldn't write off Liz Truss just yet" (lol, lmao)

Matt:

Tory rebels warned they will be punished over 'confidence vote' in 1.30am U-turn

Independent:

Suella Braverman quits as home secretary with scathing broadside over Liz Truss’s ‘broken pledges’

Times:

Evening Standard:

Government wins fracking vote but 40 Tory MPs rebel and chief whip has quit

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Liz Truss’s resignation as prime minister – Truss will step down – after just 45 days in office – and there will be a week-long contest to find her successor, she announced outside Downing Street" See also People think Liz Truss' bin bag-covered lectern is a perfect metaphor

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Lettuce in wig outlasts Liz Truss premiership as PM’s political career wilts

Times:

Two days ago: ‘I’m a fighter not a quitter’: Truss channels Peter Mandelson at PMQs

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson ‘expected to run for Prime Minister’ after Liz Truss’s resignation

Stephen Collins:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
there's no way M&S would put a n' in anything

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the sinking of Liz Truss – Another Tory PM steps off the ship, after just 45 days in office" After Tenniel.
Also! Johnson on the way back? Truss, Trump … when politics is this crazy, only cartoons can do it justice

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson tells Tories: I can save party from election wipeout

Matt:

Independent:

After Rembrandt.

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the Tories’ electoral prospects – There are three horses in the race to become Conservative leader. But will any of them be able to turn the party’s fortunes around?"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak set to become PM as Boris Johnson pulls out of Tory leadership race

Times:

Rishi Sunak set for No 10 as Boris Johnson quits race

Evening Standard:

Latest trailer for The Crown features ‘fictional dramatisation’ disclaimer

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Rishi Sunak meeting King Charles – Sunak is to meet King Charles at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday morning before taking over as prime minister"

Telegraph:

Also! 2022 According to Blower 1000 Piece Jigsaw - Available to Order Now!

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Solar eclipse: Moon blocks part of the Sun over London and the UK

David Squires:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Bin Rishi doesn't seem like a sustainable motif. Which is sad, because a bin fire is basically where we're going to be for the next decade.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Thanks, I hate it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Imagine being full of this much hate, there isn't a square inch that isn't spiteful. The lioness' win wasn't even the same size as a black man swearing at a white woman.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Posting this here because I think it's where blower learned to do faces:
https://twitter.com/tara_chara/status/1584910606213255168

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s new team – Few fresh faces in new prime minister’s first cabinet"
Bonus! :nws: Rowson's Naked Attraction PMs, celebrating 40 years of Channel 4

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

"Does Rishi Sunak’s £730m fortune make him too rich to be PM?"

Evening Standard:

No 10: Jenga-style lectern replaced and Hot Podium Guy makes return; Why Rishi Sunak has to use an old lectern instead of designing his own

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

That's one major john on John Major.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Like a tennis ball tube.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Rishi Sunak’s takeover at No 10 – Sunak dismantles the remainder of Liz Truss’s legacy on his first full day in office"

Telegraph:

"The little-known body that now wields enormous power over Britain’s fate"; "The OBR is not the sole guardian of fiscal truth"

Matt:

Jeremy Hunt delays fiscal statement until November 17; Suella Braverman committed 'multiple breaches of the ministerial code,' says former Tory chairman

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

£8bn Shell profits fuel new windfall tax call

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the hard choices facing the prime minister – Rishi Sunak faces a tottering in-tray of problems and dilemmas as Britons face indefinite financial hardship"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Hunt seeks advice of 'old friend' George Osborne to tackle budget black hole

Matt:

Shell in talks with Government as ministers consider new windfall tax

Independent:

Suella Braverman ‘was probed over national security leak’ in January

Times:

Evening Standard:

Elon Musk: First hours of Twitter reign hit by concerns over online safety

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the king, the cabinet and the climate crisis – Cop27 set to be snubbed by prime minister, with no confirmation that King Charles will attend" Also Suella Braverman blames ‘Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati’ for disruptive protests – video

Telegraph:

UK's Sunak explores tax rises and spending cuts of up to 50 bln stg -FT

Matt:

The story behind Harry's memoir Spare - and why there have been no cold feet over its candid content

Independent:

After Monet.

The i paper:

"RIP Twitter, 2006-2022: Dead at the hands of Elon Musk"

Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Rishi Sunak fiddles while the planet burns – The prime minister says he is too busy to attend Cop27. What could be more urgent?"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunak and Macron vow to make Channel migrant route ‘completely unviable’

Matt:

State pensions triple lock to stay, hints Nadhim Zahawi

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

‘Sorry, Your Majesty. We'll have to delay “Operation Incinerate” till tomorrow. Henderson forgot to bring the matches.’