Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Makes sense
The handheld scanners probably deprioritize the weight-sensing scale stuff.

Also, zounds, my local church was OUT OF ROTI CHICKENS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Poopelyse posted:

dang it, just bought two of these bags last night! ONLY 128!!

this is why costco business center owns, you dont get tiny snack sized random packs, you get the king sized poo poo that will make you go into diabetic comas

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Return the empty bag

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

One time I got a Trolli variety bag that didn’t have one of the varieties in it so I complained and got a $2 coupon in the mail a month later

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Paul MaudDib posted:

oh, so, this reminds me. remember when some warehouses used to have scanner guns for every self-checkout? I asked about it at the warehouse that had it while someone was scanning my bulk stuff, that the handheld scanner was great, and the employee was like "yeah but we got ripped off super bad". I was like "... people took the guns!?" and she was like "... no, merchandise". :whitewater:

one of my favorite breakfast places moved to QR codes for paying for stuff and I loved how easy it made things, not having to wait in line with a bunch of people up front in a crowded room where everyone's waiting for their table, and when it went away, the manager said they were getting just brutalized by people saying they had paid by QR code and just skipping the check.

moral of the story: humanity, it's bad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Going to Costco today.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Chinatown posted:

Going to Costco today.

Me, too.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

I did not have to scroll far to find Costco content on nextdoor. I shop at the fight club Costco and I like it. I went to that other one mentioned and it's... The same? There all Costco.

I've never met someone who got pickpocketed

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

ElGroucho posted:

I've got some inkling that this person lost their wallet or phone in the car or at the store or something.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ElGroucho posted:

Same. I know someone that got purse snatched, although thats not really the same thing

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

StormDrain posted:

I've got some inkling that this person lost their wallet or phone in the car or at the store or something.

Na it happens a lot in LA but I don’t think then mean pick pocketed exactly.

They probably left their purse in the cart and turned around to help one person while the other person took their poo poo. That happens a lot.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Same. I know someone that got purse snatched, although thats not really the same thing

I had an older cousin who told me if you don't want to get pickpocketed, don't put your wallet in your coat pocket or your back pocket. Put it in your front pocket, and it's almost impossible to get got.

He was uh, an interesting dude, so I think it's probably good advice

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

halokiller posted:

this is why costco business center owns, you dont get tiny snack sized random packs, you get the king sized poo poo that will make you go into diabetic comas

Too beautiful for words...

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

Too beautiful for words...

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

MarcusSA posted:

Na it happens a lot in LA but I don’t think then mean pick pocketed exactly.

They probably left their purse in the cart and turned around to help one person while the other person took their poo poo. That happens a lot.

Oh, I see. That makes more sense. I feel like you've got to be pretty skilled to be able to pick someone's pocket in a parking lot or the mark would have to be very oblivious.

ElGroucho posted:

I think it is pretty common in crowded areas in European cities. It's not that common in suburban America.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
The church has failed us.

We needed to make a return of a pair of Apple Airbuds (like $170) that we specifically bought from Costco because of the return policy. No sneaky tech-swapping attempts here, we needed to see if my husband could use them. Turns out he can't, he had a bad allergic reaction to the silicon or whatever the buds are made out of.

Went in yesterday to do the return, and find out that for Apple stuff (or maybe all tech?) Costco has a 90 day return policy. We are 2 WEEKS outside of this and the return was denied.

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh. I am losing my faith. Didn't even get communion.

EVG fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 26, 2022

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

EVG posted:

The church has failed us.
No my child, you misunderstand.

When you were walking, did you see two pairs of footprints? No. Because I stopped walking with you at the 90 Day mark as clearly outlined in my computer electronics return policy *eats a 1/4 lb all beef hot dog with free refill*. That one's on you bro.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

FilthyImp posted:

No my child, you misunderstand.

When you were walking, did you see two pairs of footprints? No. Because I stopped walking with you at the 90 Day mark as clearly outlined in my computer electronics return policy *eats a 1/4 lb all beef hot dog with free refill*. That one's on you bro.

In the 20 minutes since making this post, I contacted Costco online support, did a chat asking for help, and was told the "The person in store who helped you was misinformed and of course you can return this" which sounded a bit like pandering to me because well, they WERE in the right, we ARE outside the return window. In any case, she immediately started a return for me and sent a UPS pre-paid label for a return.

She also said I could have done the same online, which leads me to believe that the 90 day policy is only informed in person and not through their online order management system.

Either way, faith restored. PBUC

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

EVG posted:

Either way, faith restored. PBUC

Yes, but what about communion??? :ohdear:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The true answer is that airpods don't fall under the computer/appliances stipulations of the 90 Day window, which is enforced online.
Kiosk dude probably heard Apple and was like nooooooo

Audio receivers also are exempt. You know the Vizio bar you got 2 Christmases ago that now drops connection every 2 hours? Returnable.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sounds like Apple failed their consumers

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Those Bose wireless earbuds are good as hell, active noise cancelling is wild these days. It used to be dumb, now you can pop them in, turn them on, and just hear.... nothing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

Going to Costco today.

Went and got a few things. They put a couple air fryer models right at the entrance. Very tempting.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

gamera009 posted:

Yes, but what about communion??? :ohdear:

dog's in the mail

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Any opinions on the cauliflower pizzas at Costco? I was surprised to see at least 2 different brands on sale. I've had ones that were completely terrible and ones that tasted almost but not quite like a really nice crunchy thin crust pizza.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

silence_kit posted:

I think it is pretty common in crowded areas in European cities. It's not that common in suburban America.

Yeah that happened to my uncle in France or something. One person said a bird poo poo on his shoulder or something and goes to wipe it off while the other guy takes his wallet.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah that happened to my uncle in France or something. One person said a bird poo poo on his shoulder or something and goes to wipe it off while the other guy takes his wallet.

The real tricky part is training the bird

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Devor posted:

The real tricky part is training the bird

Well it's difficult because one guy has to wear a big falconry glove so they stand out a bit.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

pentyne posted:

Any opinions on the cauliflower pizzas at Costco? I was surprised to see at least 2 different brands on sale. I've had ones that were completely terrible and ones that tasted almost but not quite like a really nice crunchy thin crust pizza.

The kirkland Supreme is now our go to of any frozen pizza. Give em a try. Milton's is good too. Both are thin and crispy

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Both cauliflower crust zas at Costco are genuinely tasty

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

My Costco was out of Taylor Farms vegetable trays yesterday and I was bummed. Me and my kid have been blasting through one a week.

BUT! They did have tubs of chili up front for like $13, we had some for dinner and it was very decent!

Rest of the haul: bag of Kirkland quinoa, tray of chuck steaks, a spinach salad, two rotisserie chickens, tray of cracker cut cheese slices, and raspberries.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I picked up the cubed butternut squash, power greens, bell peppers, carrots, grape tomatoes, canned chicken because eating tuna every day is bad for my mercury levels, Mason jars to replace the ones my wife filled with weed, the woodland creature Kong dog toys (see below), Waterloo seltzer with seasonal flavors, and the uncooked tortillas. Also a slice of pep and a tank of gas for fifty bucks

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I was so close to buying those Kong toys yesterday. Guess I'm going to Costco again today.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I wish Costco carried as much cat stuff as they do dog stuff. My dog is elderly and no longer enjoys playing with toys, but my new kitty has an unceasing appetite for new things to destroy.

cat tax:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Tokelau All Star posted:

I was so close to buying those Kong toys yesterday. Guess I'm going to Costco again today.

I bought them because the last toy from the "wine and cheese" pack from spring is on its very last legs. They all graduated to "outside toys"months ago

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Soul Dentist posted:

Mason jars to replace the ones my wife filled with weed

You are supposed to smoke the weed to get your mason jars back.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I tried the tiramisu in the glass jars. Was not a fan of the cocaine powder on top but the rest was amazing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

I tried the tiramisu in the glass jars. Was not a fan of the cocaine powder on top but the rest was amazing.

Lol cell phone autocomplete owned me again. It’s hilarious though so I’m gonna leave it.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
those keep for at least a couple months past expiry btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Costco Meatballs posted:

those keep for at least a couple months past expiry btw

If the rest of them last another day in my house I’ll be amazed. Hell, they may not make it the rest of the night…