Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the world of warcraft lore thread used to be one of the funniest threads on the forums because posters would have absolutely pyschotic meltdowns about the factions and accuse each other of supporting in real life warcrimes because they played an orc but it mellowed out after the blizzard forum was axed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the world of warcraft lore thread used to be one of the funniest threads on the forums because posters would have absolutely pyschotic meltdowns about the factions and accuse each other of supporting in real life warcrimes because they played an orc but it mellowed out after the blizzard forum was axed

That's because most of the worst offenders who didn't get banned quit WoW forever and started posting in the "I hate blizzard and everyone who plays their games is a nazi" containment thread instead lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Oh the lore thread yeah. I just remember a lot of complaining because you had to war crime an orc in an expansion that came out 13 years ago.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

It got so stupid they instituted a rule that you can't misspell the name of a particular faction leader because some people were convinced that other posters were doing it on purpose to own them somehow

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

aw frig aw dang it posted:

It got so stupid they instituted a rule that you can't misspell the name of a particular faction leader because some people were convinced that other posters were doing it on purpose to own them somehow

...which one???

Also:

TheNamedSavior posted:

People who think Iron Man isn't pro-american propaganda, didn't realize that Camp Omega in MGSV was an obvious political message, and think manchin is the SOLE reason why biden "can't get anything done". Apparently the idea of an old man being able to be bribed to vote yes for reproductive rights is immoral, but not voting against them in the first.

Arkham Knights is gonna be copaganda bullshit like the Spidey ps4 games are. I'd recommend instead playing Half Life 2 for a realistic portrayal of what the First Nation people has gone through in history. America should be burned to the ground, fact.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Have you seen the Trump thread? You have to nip that sort of stupid poo poo in the bud or it loving takes over.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

...which one???

Also:

neat, five sentences and i already got bingo

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
actually it's because they were calling her sylvanus lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lmao

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I was worried that TNS wasn't going to manage to work in any "actually, the popcorn media I like has GOOD politics," but there it was

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Veev posted:

actually it's because they were calling her sylvanus lol

yeah lol

quote:

RULE THE THIRD
No malicious misspelling of the names.
You. Yeah you. You know who you are.
Stop it with. It may be a fun joke, but all it does is have 3 or 4 posters responding with nothing more than "you misspelled X's name".
This is not a hard rule, we all make mistakes, you won't get a sixer for this happening once or twice. This is a rule for repeated offenses.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Holy
moly

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Also:

quote:

copaganda bullshit like the Spidey ps4 games are

Still laughing my rear end off that games goons are only just now realizing super heroes work with the police

sweet geek swag posted:

Have you seen the Trump thread? You have to nip that sort of stupid poo poo in the bud or it loving takes over.

Also this

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

posting sylvanus in the tmrup thread

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Leal posted:

Still laughing my rear end off that games goons are only just now realizing super heroes work with the police

in fairness the 2018 spidey game is a particularly extreme example

that aside, it reminds me of one of taintrunner's favorite topics

Taintrunner posted:

My hot take contribution for this thread is that John Wick is a lovely knockoff of Max Payne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiNHpol9L80

Max Payne 3 ended up being the most relevant artistic work about the intersection of race and class war into a format dipshit Americans could comprehend years before militant fascism could take power in Brazil.

Taintrunner posted:

people keep saying Max Payne 3 is a lovely ripoff of Man on Fire but I’ve never played a game that screams CLASS WAR CLASS WAR CLASS WAR above all else

Taintrunner posted:

didn't any of these fuckin' people play max payne 3 it was like the greatest primer to the class war and how it intersects with race in brazil ever made

Taintrunner posted:

one of the greatest games of all time

I reinstall it and beat it yearly, Max Payne 3 loving whips the llama's rear end

incredibly C-SPAM as gently caress, all about how class war conquers all

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i like to play video games because it is fun to do so

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Antivehicular posted:

I was worried that TNS wasn't going to manage to work in any "actually, the popcorn media I like has GOOD politics," but there it was

I should note in their sonic thread meltdown they were complaining about a completely different game (pokemon) out of nowhere, and called the ainu people of Japan inuits

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I should note in their sonic thread meltdown they were complaining about a completely different game (pokemon) out of nowhere, and called the ainu people of Japan inuits

that was them? lmao

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hosed up if true op

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

As in literally "these particular people in Japan are intuit" or did he mistake an Ainu coded character in a Japanese game for being Inuit?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

As in literally "these particular people in Japan are intuit" or did he mistake an Ainu coded character in a Japanese game for being Inuit?

from the bits linked in this thread, he was accusing the japanese people of genociding inuits and calling the pokemon games apologia for this grave crime

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

from the bits linked in this thread, he was accusing the japanese people of genociding inuits and calling the pokemon games apologia for this grave crime

:psyduck:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

lmao I love goons

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lol what the gently caress

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

lmao when you just can't catch em all without a beautiful minding up some genocide apologia

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
usually i find pet forums psychos lame as hell but we really shouldve given this dude some more time to shine before the perma

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it rules that some goons are compeltely unable to disconnect from politics and have turned into fasciststomper58
The effects of people "getting into politics" in 2016 on internet discourse are going to be studied by sociologists for centuries.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

The Kins posted:

The effects of people "getting into politics" in 2016 on internet discourse are going to be studied by sociologists for centuries.

Posting purtm is praxis my friend, praxis

Praxis, a word I learned 2 weeks ago

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

they make XCOM

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
max payne 3 is a good game because it has a soundtrack by health, a good band

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

in fairness the 2018 spidey game is a particularly extreme example

that aside, it reminds me of one of taintrunner's favorite topics

I actually never got far in Max Payne 3 because I went off the beaten path to get collectibles in a mission where there was explicitly no time limit on things and it gave me a game over for it. Why, game?

Anyways, that's more important than taintrunner.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

ilmucche posted:

It's what you use to level up in the deus ex reboot

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Max Tane

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i like the blizzlols thread but i got called a nazi for saying i liked sylvanas but didn’t like the direction they took her lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Buschmaki posted:

It's what you use to level up in the deus ex reboot

No I think it's the company that publishes civilisation games

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Runa posted:

they make XCOM

xcom 2 Wotc is one of the best games ever made. but civ 5 and 6 have both sucked. It is impossible to solve this riddle of the company named Praxis… perhaps trying to understand it is the theory …

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Violen posted:

usually i find pet forums psychos lame as hell but we really shouldve given this dude some more time to shine before the perma

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i didn't like max payne 3 as much as the first two but calling it "cspam as gently caress" is way too harsh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

ilmucche posted:

The Klingon moon? That bitch blew up.