Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I noticed the lower frame rate on the series X if I panned the camera around in really large outdoor areas, but it wasn't bothersome while actually playing the game and I didn't notice any slowdown at all from stuff I'd expect to cause it, like having 69 million rats on screen or the lighting effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Issaries posted:

Xboxfail.

Plaguetale looks perfect on PC with maximum settings.

how much was your pc lol

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
if i wanted to see people talking with a low framerate i'd watch a movie. plague tale was even more boring than rdr2, the only game i've ever tried to refund. game pass has definitely lowered my tolerance for unfun games. in the past i would buy games and never get around to playing them, now i can download them and never get around to it or try them out and delete them without feeling bad about it

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

how much was your pc lol

Four times the framerate, for only four times the cost!

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I love the photo mode in Plague Tale and how it completely breaks the illusion built by the level designers.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ErrEff posted:

I love the photo mode in Plague Tale and how it completely breaks the illusion built by the level designers.

The illusion of what

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Professor Beetus posted:

The illusion of what

in my brief experience, "gameplay".

Neat looking game but it could have been a movie or something, which is about the most damning praise I can think of for a video game.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Professor Beetus posted:

The illusion of what
Usually photo modes will not allow you to go out of bounds or mess with cutscenes, this one does.

Also when there are rats on screen, the rats won't be rendered outside the original frame viewpoint you activated it from.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I also have narrative issues with Plague Tale, like how I stop feeling for the protagonists' plight when they're actively cruising from population center to population center knowing it's going to result in the deaths of innumerable innocent people. Or how we're apparently meant to interpret what they find in the original Carrier's prison as some kind of huge revelatory thing that changes the perspective of the protagonists in a substantial, meaningful way when really it's just kind of a big wet fart.

Also, the dialogue is so god drat repetitive. And it's spoken in almost nothing but hushed whispers, which would be fine in small doses but they just never shut the gently caress up.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

The Illusive Man posted:

Four times the framerate, for only four times the cost!

I only wish I'd get four times the frame-rate! Pretty solid 60-90 fps with few dips.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
If Plague Tale were, say, half its current length, I'd absolutely recommend just putting it on easy and zipping through it for the setpieces and such. As it stands, it just feels bizarrely repetitive and padded. I actually enjoyed a lot of the mechanics, but I can easily imagine that not being the case if I'd struggled with the difficulty. There was only one portion where I resorted to a guide, and it was toward the end when I was fully over what the game was trying to do. Just a garbage trial-and-error section.

I dunno, I'm positive some folks will love it and I wish I could say I was among 'em—especially because parts of it are incredible and it looks gorgeous—but eh. Glad it was Game Pass and not something I dropped money on directly.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I appreciate how Requiem’s stealth sections give you a chance to just go “gently caress it” and sprint to the exit if you’re spotted

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

Also, the dialogue is so god drat repetitive. And it's spoken in almost nothing but hushed whispers, which would be fine in small doses but they just never shut the gently caress up.

Half the dialogue is ASMR whispering. I think the original was like that too, actually.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Zwille posted:

I’m probably missing something re: plague tale but I gave up on the first big stealth sequence where they stop holding your hand, probably gonna give it another shot on narrative mode because it’s very pretty indeed.

I think people aren't used to playing as a protagonist who is weaker than most of her adversaries resulting in a sort of asymmetrical form of gameplay, which is something I enjoy about the game.

Basically any unhelmeted guy you can just headshot with the sling, while (atleast in the beginning) for the helmet guys you have to sneak past using long grass/distractions (e.g. tossing a rock at the boxes of armour or tossing a jar).

Unhelmeted guys are usually archers/javeliners in overwatch positions so it's worth sniping them early on (sometimes requires flanking around them). I think it was in Chapter 2/3? you unlock a way to snuff out torches from range allowing you to take out the helmet guys as they wade through rats.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 26, 2022

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i got the expansion card. its epic i guess. i put it in the console and now i'm never going to look at it or think about it ever again. time to finish more cyberpunk side quests since i moved that game to my external to make room for other stuff on the internal SSD

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://9to5google.com/2022/10/26/xbox-keystone-cloud-gaming/

quote:

During a live interview with The Wall Street Journal this afternoon (via Tom Warren), Xbox lead Phil Spencer confirmed that the company is no longer pursuing a dedicated device that would have brought Xbox Cloud Gaming to TVs. The device, known as “Keystone,” leaked in a tweet last month and was expected to be released in the next few months.

RIP the thing we saw on Phil's shelf.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Good. Seemed a doomed product

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Barudak posted:

Good. Seemed a doomed product

Agreed, the whole cool thing about the cloud stuff is it doesn’t require any specialized hardware on the consumer side.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I mean, it requires something. If I were a prospective iCloud consumer I’d much rather buy a tiny $50 Xbox than be forced to buy a lovely Samsung TV.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://twitter.com/WoLongOfficial/status/1585194534962700288?t=16jym8ZsRzaYimft0s3_zQ&s=19

#WoLongFallenDynasty will be available March 3rd, 2023, and will be available day one with Xbox Game Pass on console & PC!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 minutes!
That looks cool

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Is Pentiment coming out tomorrow?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Isn’t it coming out like November 12th or something? I’m sure it’s November.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

American McGay posted:

Isn’t it coming out like November 12th or something? I’m sure it’s November.

15th

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Nooooooo. :(

I saw it in the app and I was like, huh?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm bummed that humankind has seemed to fallen off the face of the earth but I'm having fun with Persona 5 Royale.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

American McGay posted:

I mean, it requires something. If I were a prospective iCloud consumer I’d much rather buy a tiny $50 Xbox than be forced to buy a lovely Samsung TV.

It just requires some software integration on some already existing hardware, not having to have a hardware product with all the associated design, manufacturing and support headaches is a definite boon.

I doubt it’d be $50 either like a fire stick or roku, it’d be more in the $100-150 range (like an nVidia shield). Better to let logitech or someone like that make their own set top box that can leverage xcloud along with acting as a media player. I imagine nvidia won’t let xcloud on to compete with their streaming service.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I'm bummed that humankind has seemed to fallen off the face of the earth but I'm having fun with Persona 5 Royale.

Someone here mentioned the console version is delayed TFN because of issues making it work on consoles. Sucks.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

I would normally be annoyed by this, but I recently sideloaded the GamePass app on my bedroom Nvidia Shield and despite being ‘unofficial’ it actually works extremely well. Here’s hoping this news means a fully-fledged Android TV app is coming soon.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I played some the other night and it's just a more boring version of endless legend 2. it works almost exactly the same but without the cool assyemtries. instead its discount civ where you only get to pick some of them later. this has the consequence of making them both less powerful and less interesting than actual civ series civs.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Do you mean like in general or just the game?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Xbox was due tomorrow in the mail, turned up this afternoon instead :peanut:.

I'm having a bit of trouble though, fired up an X360 game and it reckons there's no internet connection to download my profile despite using an ethernet cable. I briefly saw a blip of something about needing to do a 20GB update or something, so I'm gonna let it sit and do its thing a while as I've got a whole bunch of games queued up for download anyway and hopefully it'll sort itself out.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I decided to take a risk on it and so far I think I'm actually enjoying the new Star Ocean. The game has very little exposition in the beginning and it just willing to let you run off and figure things out without long winded tutorials. Movement is speedy and responsive, going in and out of combat is a breeze, you have a lot of leeway to customize your movesets and combos without it feeling overwhelming. The voices in both english and japanese are god awful, but that's just star ocean tradition at this point. HOnestly I was blown away from it just being a JRPG with a save anywhere and autosave system.

Only played a few hours so far so maybe it doesn't quite hold up as the game goes on, but for what it's worth I'm having fun.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I've tried just about everything I can think of.

Anyone got a solution for a Series X not wanting to download an X360 profile and thinking it cant connect to the network while playing an X360 game?

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well I've tried just about everything I can think of.

Anyone got a solution for a Series X not wanting to download an X360 profile and thinking it cant connect to the network while playing an X360 game?

Not personally something I've encountered, but a Google search brought up this forum post from Microsoft:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/cant-connect-to-xbox-live-on-backwards-compatible/04d8fff7-1242-4829-820c-1df0b9f9279c posted:

When launching a 360 game on an Xbox one console, please press the Window and Menu button at the same time on the Xbox control. (start and select button)

When a 360 emulator appears on the screen press the Manage Storage option and then continue (an option appears asking if you would like to continue/yes)

Select Profiles> Find and press on the profile> delete Profile only> then Bring up emulator again> Download account<

Basically it's directing you to open the emulated 360 menu, go to it's storage manger and delete your account (just the account), then redownload the profile.

Rocket Pan fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 27, 2022

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Ryoga posted:

I decided to take a risk on it and so far I think I'm actually enjoying the new Star Ocean. The game has very little exposition in the beginning and it just willing to let you run off and figure things out without long winded tutorials. Movement is speedy and responsive, going in and out of combat is a breeze, you have a lot of leeway to customize your movesets and combos without it feeling overwhelming. The voices in both english and japanese are god awful, but that's just star ocean tradition at this point. HOnestly I was blown away from it just being a JRPG with a save anywhere and autosave system.

Only played a few hours so far so maybe it doesn't quite hold up as the game goes on, but for what it's worth I'm having fun.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it (~8 hours in). The story and characters are...... whatever, but the battle system is so good. It feels great to swoop into a group of enemies and wipe them all out in a few seconds.

Even the little bonus chess-like mini game is kind of fun once you figure it out. It's no triple triad, though.

The game didn't have a huge budget, clearly, and could absolutely use better optimization but I think this is worth picking up for JRPG fans on sale.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rocket Pan posted:

Not personally something I've encountered, but a Google search brought up this forum post from Microsoft:

Basically it's directing you to open the emulated 360 menu, go to it's storage manger and delete your account (just the account), then redownload the profile.

Doesn't help, sadly. The problem is the emulator doesn't have a profile and it needs to download one. Trying to do so hits a network issue of some description (with no error code of course :argh:) where it can't connect to Xbox Live to pull the profile.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Have you tried over WiFi, and checking the network settings? Maybe your NAT setting is wrong. I've also had a lot of trouble before I figured out that my router was blocking Toledo or something, and I needed to unblock it.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Have you tried over WiFi, and checking the network settings? Maybe your NAT setting is wrong. I've also had a lot of trouble before I figured out that my router was blocking Toledo or something, and I needed to unblock it.

NAT is for things trying to connect to the Xbox, i.e multiplayer. Not the Xbox trying to connect to things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Tried doing it off my mobile as a hotspot with no luck. I've also tried manually selecting alternate ports.

Might try off my home WiFi though, see how that goes.