Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

So who's trading for Brandin Cooks?

The Bengals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

So who's trading for Brandin Cooks?

The Chargers need him badly

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

help. please help me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Crossposting from the fantasy thread like twenty minutes before the news dropped in case anyone didn't see it:

Whoreson Welles posted:

Apparently there was a post on the fantasyfootball subreddit that a “friend of a friend” works in a Cincy orthopedic hospital and Ja’Marr Chase came in. Dude said based off his visit he has major issues and will be out for the season but it got deleted.

A half hour later a beat reporter tweeted Chase wouldn’t practice today due to “soreness”, and now he’s on the injury report today as DNP (hip).

Hmmmmmmmm

Leperflesh posted:

My god, his uncle actually does work for Nintendo!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I feel like WRs need hips. Not ideal. Not ideal at all.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

Crossposting from the fantasy thread like twenty minutes before the news dropped in case anyone didn't see it:

A whole lot of people just got fired.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

kiimo posted:

Toney is here to return punts and undergo a Rocky IV training montage in an Olathe, KS field during a snowstorm.

edit: Also the Giants' OC is Mike Kafka, former Chiefs coach.

Someone make a list of all the former backup QBs for Reid who have jobs in the NFL now. It's pretty crazy. He had so many 3rd string project QBs that stuck around for 2-3 years with the team and always looked promising in preseason that never did anything.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

More like Jamarr Can't Chase

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, but that’s mostly because their coach is Dennis Allen and their QB is Andy Dalton. They could have 200 million dollars next year and it wouldn’t matter.

Yeah, replace Allen with payton and Dalton even with Carr or Dak and this is a perennial playoff team again. Even with no draft and cap room. The issue is coach and qb suck, so there's no point in having cap room... no draft hurts though, and that was just not smart.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

sweet thursday posted:

I feel like WRs need hips. Not ideal. Not ideal at all.

just have him do Go routes. straight line running. hips not required

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's because of all his swiveling and whatnot at the line of scrimmage to get open. he's done for. he is retiring after this season

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

Yeah, replace Allen with payton and Dalton even with Carr or Dak and this is a perennial playoff team again. Even with no draft and cap room. The issue is coach and qb suck, so there's no point in having cap room... no draft hurts though, and that was just not smart.

I mean almost the whole bottom half of the league right now would be in the playoffs if they added Payton and Carr or Dak.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

syzpid posted:

I mean almost the whole bottom half of the league right now would be in the playoffs if they added Payton and Carr or Dak.

bing bong, so simple

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It’s not just that they have no cap space this year. They won’t have cap space for multiple years. And they’ll continue to see talent sign elsewhere like this past offseason because they can no longer afford them.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

syzpid posted:

Someone make a list of all the former backup QBs for Reid who have jobs in the NFL now. It's pretty crazy. He had so many 3rd string project QBs that stuck around for 2-3 years with the team and always looked promising in preseason that never did anything.

Chiefs got Toney using the extra third round pick they got for Poles

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

syzpid posted:

If Duce and Hank Fraley in Detroit are anything to by, it's not just limited to backup quarterbacks, either.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I actually think it's a good move for the Chiefs.
It's a risk but getting someone speedy is pretty important for them.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Does Tua even have a soap?

https://twitter.com/EmmanuelAcho/status/1585760406856814592

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Acho's big point was that Herbert takes too many deep shots and never takes his check down.

*Glances at Austin Ekeler's reception total*

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 28, 2022

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That guy just continues to do hot takes and never pay for them when they go bad.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I want to get paid to say dumb poo poo instead of donating it for free

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

It’s not just that they have no cap space this year. They won’t have cap space for multiple years. And they’ll continue to see talent sign elsewhere like this past offseason because they can no longer afford them.

Who cares? They’re going to be bad no matter what because they’re in the same situation as every perennially bad team, with no QB and a bad coach. Cap space won’t fix those problems and if they somehow miraculously fix them then whatever cap issues they have can be worked through.

They actually kept a lot of their talent from last year and it doesn’t matter. Armstead left but he hasn’t played this season so that’s not a tough pill to swallow. And he was apparently open to staying if they got Watson so that wasn’t purely a money decision. CJGJ and Williams leaving sucked but the pass defense is performing about the same as last year. The run defense just sucks now, and the offense is a turnover machine.

The Saints aren’t contending for anything meaningful in the the next few years so being able to “afford talent” is the just the difference between a losing record and a worse losing record. Bring on the rebuild.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 28, 2022

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

syzpid posted:

that's my point? That despite the future being "bleak" (and it is) if they had a good coach and QB - none of that matters. But since they're bad at the two positions that matter most, the rest may as well not matter. The biggest thing no draft hurts is not being able to find another QB that could save the franchise, short of another HOF QB getting injured and no one wanting to take a stab at him.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm pretty sure Acho is actually the dumbest media guy

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Saints plan at QB is probably probably praying to get a 1st for Payton.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

kiimo posted:

Lol casual actual hippo violation

(When I was at Jefferson they told us any time one of the city sportsmen came to the hospital they'd have to fire several people for snooping up in that chart. Many smart people!)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Black Lighter posted:

If Duce and Hank Fraley in Detroit are anything to by, it's not just limited to backup quarterbacks, either.

I'm still bitter we lost duce. I don't know if he's any good as a coach but the dream of him becoming the new head coach was very excellent to my peabrain and childhood.

Nov 6, 2002

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol casual actual hippo violation

That sounds dangerous.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sweet thursday posted:

If we all got paid for dumb poo poo we posted on here we could have solved world hunger 22 years ago

Nov 6, 2002

sweet thursday posted:

Start a fantasy podcast.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

If we all got paid for dumb poo poo we posted on here we could have solved world hunger 22 years ago

SA would have made more millionaires than Microsoft.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1585834438289752067

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

This is one of the things I love about Baker and it's the positive side of his Chronic Heroball Syndrome -- the dude is uncrushable. He wants to be where it sucks.

Which, as with Russell Wilson right now, looks bad because he's not playing well. But if Carolina can turn it around at all, it becomes an asset real fast. And I wouldn't necessarily have thought it would be possible to turn around this year, but they did just beat the Buccaneers somehow.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ugggh it sounds like Shaq Barrett has a bad Achilles injury :negative:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Redeye Flight posted:

This is one of the things I love about Baker and it's the positive side of his Chronic Heroball Syndrome -- the dude is uncrushable. He wants to be where it sucks.

Which, as with Russell Wilson right now, looks bad because he's not playing well. But if Carolina can turn it around at all, it becomes an asset real fast. And I wouldn't necessarily have thought it would be possible to turn around this year, but they did just beat the Buccaneers somehow.

It's nice to think that Denver could have the same record as now if they had traded for Baker instead of Russ, but also for a lot less money and still holding on to their draft picks. Carolina can totally walk away from the situation with a minor hit to their wallet, while Denver may be hitched to a dead horse for some time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Ugggh it sounds like Shaq Barrett has a bad Achilles injury :negative:

They said he was going for tests which is maybe a slightly good sign? I mean he's still probably gone for the year but it might be better than a full tear, because when that happens you don't need any tests, you can look and know.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Redeye Flight posted:

The crazy part is that he is so tainted, the best outcome is to work like hell and hope for a Geno Smith opportunity at this point. No one is saying he can't be good, but now he has to fight his rear end off (and frankly make some retirement money) to prove he really can do what a lot people thought he could.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Grittybeard posted:

They said he was going for tests which is maybe a slightly good sign? I mean he's still probably gone for the year but it might be better than a full tear, because when that happens you don't need any tests, you can look and know.

Yeah, does seem like that at least. Hopefully it’s not too too bad.

This season is rough, man. Tom has honestly been fine. I’m happy with him. He’s been good even if not good in the way I want to expect but fuuuuck the entire team is so discombobulated.

Nov 6, 2002

They fired Rhule too soon, he could have taken the division!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

They fired Rhule too soon, he could have taken the division!!

Or are they leading because he was fired?

The world may never know.