Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/Cadmarch/status/1585889631757012994?s=20&t=CEymbOV34UFaB2idrCffMw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Musk's only gonna own Twitter before about 18 months before it gets taken over by the banks he conned into providing all the catastrophically bad debt for the deal anyway

A lot of awful people and institutions are going to lose a fortune on this and that's funny

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Facebook (meta) is burning through its money trying to make VR happen.
Twitter will implode when Elon shuts it down either in a rage or when the banks come calling for their money.

Soon something awful will be the premier place to post on the internet once again!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

The cropping for the forums (on my browser) takes away the flag.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, it’s right by Gunnersbury Park in Acton. The former ambassador sent his son to the comprehensive school down the road (which I used to attend, although it’s now -urgh- an academy) and a while later defected to South Korea.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/BelTel/status/1585675532984795138

Westminster and Stormont won't let us have our sausages, time to threaten to murder some random civilians on a night out again. This will help. We are smart and not a pack of cunts.

I'm the pipe maintenance van :nsa:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Mega Comrade posted:

Twitter will implode when Elon shuts it down either in a rage or when the banks come calling for their money.

Soon something awful will be the premier place to post on the internet once again!

Everytime I see Meta, I'm convinced it is just a front and they use it as a jumping on platform and they then bring the billionaires to the real Westworld, far from prying eyes.

Like a multi billion dollar company can't have spent all this time and money to make something that looks worse than what the Nintendo Wii could do.

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/BelTel/status/1585675532984795138

Westminster and Stormont won't let us have our sausages, time to threaten to murder some random civilians on a night out again. This will help. We are smart and not a pack of cunts.

People in 2015: Brexit is increasing the risk of the Good Friday agreement falling apart and risks a return to violence.

Brexiters: No it won't. This is just project fear stuff.

Now to watch the British Government ignore any and all instances of violence.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Oct 28, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That was 7 years ago, events today couldn't possibly be influenced by the past*

*Not including all the things that are the fault of the last Labour government

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

I wouldn't put it past this loving sloth to have a daily Starbucks brought to her home via deliveroo or private gig economy delivery company that uses a vehicle just to maximise the economical and environmental gently caress you.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Octopus are offsetting £67 a month from my monthly bill so taking difference between the usual DD - £67.

If I get too much credit on the account then I ask to have some back, I don't know if they would just refund it if I waited for things to happen automatically.
Pretty sure they wouldn’t; when I first moved into my flat they credited my account with ~£500 and it just sat there. (I did not ask why they gave me so much money, and they did not ask for it back, which seems very fair to me.)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Mega Comrade posted:

From what I've read, a large chunk of the money being used to buy Twitter (Musk is only shelling out part of the total) is coming from banks and companies who intend to go full vulture-capitalism by taking out debt to fund the buyout, then transferring that debt to Twitter itself so it has to pay back with interest the very people who just corporate raided it.

How the hell Musk plans to make his money back on Twitter while it's being looted and dismembered is a mystery. Maybe he's rich enough to write off tens of billions purely out of spite.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Payndz posted:

From what I've read, a large chunk of the money being used to buy Twitter (Musk is only shelling out part of the total) is coming from banks and companies who intend to go full vulture-capitalism by taking out debt to fund the buyout, then transferring that debt to Twitter itself so it has to pay back with interest the very people who just corporate raided it.

How the hell Musk plans to make his money back on Twitter while it's being looted and dismembered is a mystery. Maybe he's rich enough to write off tens of billions purely out of spite.

*arrogance

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Re: fox hunting and chickens, I don't got any chickens, but my 21 year old nephew bought a farmstead, so he's got some

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

what is this strange green snow

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Didn’t he say he was buying it on a bender and then spend like 2 years trying to squirm out of it? Hopefully he can’t afford it and twitter dies.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

ro5s posted:

Didn’t he say he was buying it on a bender and then spend like 2 years trying to squirm out of it? Hopefully he can’t afford it and twitter dies.

I realise since covid time dilation was a crazy thing but it all happened back in April lol

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Be lols if he gets margin called on the loans he took to buy it and loses both twitter and tesla

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Love how the Twitter takeover is the top story on all the news sites, really shows what journalists consider a priority story to be.

I hope the first thing he does is abolish the blue tick status :laugh:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I never realised how in danger I was during The Troubles https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland,_Bedfordshire

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Amazed the N Korean embassy is just around the corner from where I grew up. Jesus.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's pronounce joo-chay actually.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

Blowing past 1.5c was their main headline most of the day yesterday.

i’m somehow not remotely surprised that well off journalists are more concerned with the death of twitter than the death of industrial civilisation as we know it

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

Love how the Twitter takeover is the top story on all the news sites, really shows what journalists consider a priority story to be.

I haven't been following. In a nutshell what is expected to change apart from trump coming back?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Jippa posted:

I haven't been following. In a nutshell what is expected to change apart from trump coming back?

3/4 of the staff being unemployed suddenly

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jippa posted:

He said hes going to bring back 'free speech'.
Which will mean him and his buds calling us pedos all day long whereas we will be insta banned if we critique anything about them.
Conspiracy wacko stories will dominate the place
So basically the last minute of the Body Snatchers, but instead of Donald Sunderland screeching, it will be 'JEWISH SPACE LASERS!'

Not sure how he will try to monetize it, but when he does, thats when the company will really poo poo its pants and die.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Jippa posted:

Elon is a libertarian at heart. So unless it is breaking a law, people will be able to say pretty much what they want on there. As poo poo as twitter is ,it had in the last few years started to tackle stuff like fake news and hate speech. All of those policies will be reversed.

Although this is all moot as if he keeps his word Elon plans on sacking 75% of staff, so the whole site will collapse in a couple years.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Lol

https://twitter.com/ben_rosen/status/1585814989683642368?t=TINFmbkw4J4yObSynRI1oQ&s=19

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Jel Shaker posted:

i’m somehow not remotely surprised that well off journalists are more concerned with the death of twitter than the death of industrial civilisation as we know it

They are worried they might actually go and have to cultivate contacts, do research and actual investigative journalisms, rather than just copy pasting content from tweets

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Elon is a libertarian

Careful now we've no proof he diddles kids.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Speaking of nonces.

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1585920263807451136

Weird selection of music there Rishi.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I guess I'm getting old, what is that ominous device in front of him?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Pistol_Pete posted:

Well considering a huge proportion of so-called 'news' articles these days are just a collection of tweets:

Random12345 tweeted:
{tweet}

User53789 didn't agree and tweeted:
{tweet}

Repeat about 10 times and there's your supposed "news".

Very few journalists anymore, mostly just tweet reapers.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Speaker for conference calls.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Brendan Rodgers posted:

That's a speakerphone, I think.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Speaking of nonces.

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1585920263807451136

Weird selection of music there Rishi.

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1585948057337733120

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Brendan Rodgers posted:

That is a conference phone from pre-zoom / teams days.
Sometimes known as a 'spider phone'.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I didn't use a Gary Glitter song, I used a knock-off version of it so quit giving me those looks.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

It's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hsnyyft87A

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Lol it sounds like boris johnson is a loving oval office, by the kunts
Edit still a loving oval office, the 2nd of the masterwork trollogy

Fumble fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut