Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Just gonna say it here, dark chocolate is way overrated

edit: Incredible snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

mods?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Even with mods it's still overrated

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

gently caress em

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

If you're just eating a bar of chocolate then I totally understand not being into dark chocolate and preferring milk, it's like preferring a lager over a dark beer. Just different main flavor notes.

But pretty much any super sugary candy product doesn't really need milk chocolate if it has other sweet stuff, you usually don't get any bitter notes. The Sanders dark chocolate caramels are a great example of that, as are the dark chocolate coconut almond things. I don't think I would have thought they were dark chocolate products if they weren't labeled that way.

I've never had them but apparently the Trader Joe's peanut butter cups are the same way, people swear by the dark chocolate ones over the milk regardless of chocolate preferences.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ror posted:

I've never had them but apparently the Trader Joe's peanut butter cups are the same way, people swear by the dark chocolate ones over the milk regardless of chocolate preferences.

speaking of not posting about things that will kill us

(yes, they're good)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Count the "g"s

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Ror posted:

If you're just eating a bar of chocolate then I totally understand not being into dark chocolate and preferring milk, it's like preferring a lager over a dark beer. Just different main flavor notes.

But pretty much any super sugary candy product doesn't really need milk chocolate if it has other sweet stuff, you usually don't get any bitter notes. The Sanders dark chocolate caramels are a great example of that, as are the dark chocolate coconut almond things. I don't think I would have thought they were dark chocolate products if they weren't labeled that way.

This is a great way of explaining how I feel about dark chocolate. I don't care for it by itself, but the Sanders dark chocolate caramels are great. I still like the milk chocolate ones better, but the dark chocolate ones are fantastic.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

ElGroucho posted:

I had an older cousin who told me if you don't want to get pickpocketed, don't put your wallet in your coat pocket or your back pocket. Put it in your front pocket, and it's almost impossible to get got.

He was uh, an interesting dude, so I think it's probably good advice

The announcer on the NYC subway says to keep your phone and wallet in your front pockets

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
Any sign of jamons?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I seen em! No Iberico yet though, just the Serrano

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Smugworth posted:

Count the "g"s

I count 7?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Results from Best Senses of 2022 just came in:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
How is that person not verified?

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Count the "g"s

Man your thumb looks like a toe

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
chef john says we should use our rotisserie chicken to make fancy chicken bakes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wdJlIgz4Kc

he's right

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I just long hosed.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Anne Whateley posted:

I can't believe nobody mentioned these itt yet, they are unreal

My only wish is that each one had two toasted pecans on top

gently caress i need to find it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

Just gonna say it here, dark chocolate is way underrated

agreed

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Anne Whateley posted:

I can't believe nobody mentioned these itt yet, they are unreal

My only wish is that each one had two toasted pecans on top

I don't know how far out of Colorado the Enstoms toffee goes but it has the same effect if being too goddamn good to ever buy because I will eat two at a time every hour until it's gone.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
The texture is so perfect, any caramel I ever have in the future will be a disappointment. I'm going to kill my container singlehandedly within two weeks

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Suxpool posted:

chef john says we should use our rotisserie chicken to make fancy chicken bakes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wdJlIgz4Kc

he's right

oof, this man's voice is GRATING

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Alan Smithee posted:

gently caress i need to find it

We go live to your pancreas:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

hell yeah

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

is it by THE Sanders?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Borscht posted:

oof, this man's voice is GRATING

A lot of goons really like him and apparently his earlier videos are less grating. I can't stand it either and the fact that he's putting it on makes it way worse

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I bought a bunch of clothes off of COSTCO DOT COM, including matching shackets for me and my dad. This is a new past time I've established, since we're roughly the same size and have similar tastes in shackets.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I will slap your faces with a leather glove and challenge you all to a duel. Insulting Chef John is unacceptable.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

Ok how about if I cover it in giant salt rocks

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Comfortador posted:

I will. Slap your faces. With a leather glove. And challenge. You all. To a duel. Insulting. Chef John. Is unacceptable.

Ftfy

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a
His speaking pattern is annoying for sure, esp. since it’s just a needless affectation. His recipes kick rear end though, the baked rice and beans became a staple for us when the pandemic started.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Comfortador posted:

I will slap your faces with a leather glove and challenge you all to a duel. Insulting Chef John is unacceptable.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Is the quesadilla kit better, worse, or equivalent to the street taco kit?

I really liked the quesadilla kit, considerably more so than the street taco kit. Like it's been said, there is quite a lot of chicken in the quesadillas. I did a quick pan fry to crisp them up and melt the cheese a little and gently caress me sideways they were tasty. It's also handy that they come with a couple small cups of guac, one of salsa, and another of sour cream.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Ledhed posted:

His speaking pattern is annoying for sure, esp. since it’s just a needless affectation. His recipes kick rear end though, the baked rice and beans became a staple for us when the pandemic started.

I mean, loads of people actually don't find it annoying. He isn't one of the most popular YouTube chefs strictly for his recipes, which are admittedly great.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Kaddish posted:

I mean, loads of people actually don't find it annoying. He isn't one of the most popular YouTube chefs strictly for his recipes, which are admittedly great.

Let the sticks in the mud have have masaokis for their YouTube chef

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Smugworth posted:

Count the "g"s

tag urself I'm the floor meat

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

Went to church this morning and I nearly filled up two carts. Lots of (floor) meat and veg on this trip, and I'm surprised the grand total did not have a comma in it. I got some of the Kirkland flavored seltzer water to compare with Lacroix, and got the last medium-sized Jachs flannel shirt / waffle-knit thermal shirt combo they had. Rounding out this pilgrimage was mandatory two-G kim chi and a whole bunch of snacks for my kids. Costco should have a daycare setup up front like IKEA imo

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Kaddish posted:

It took me about five videos to go from hating it to being unbothered by it and now love it

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Incremus posted:

Went to church this morning and I nearly filled up two carts. Lots of (floor) meat and veg on this trip, and I'm surprised the grand total did not have a comma in it. I got some of the Kirkland flavored seltzer water to compare with Lacroix, and got the last medium-sized Jachs flannel shirt / waffle-knit thermal shirt combo they had. Rounding out this pilgrimage was mandatory two-G kim chi and a whole bunch of snacks for my kids. Costco should have a daycare setup up front like IKEA imo

Home Depot took over a chain called HQ that has a daycare room setup I remember to this day. I think it was the first time I played video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

dphi posted:

It took me about five videos to go from hating it to being unbothered by it and now love it

That's because you're in the mood, for all the Chef John food.