Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Ohtori Akio posted:

It's funny because the posts are completely indistinguishable now.

it makes cspam very hard to follow, but i like my lobster shirt bernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Protocols of the Elder Scrolls of Atlantis

Lmfao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

it makes cspam very hard to follow, but i like my lobster shirt bernie

thats a crayfish

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thats a crayfish

Get his rear end.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thats a crayfish

:negative:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

I was mistaken about Seth's custom title, he actually got it for giving this post a sixer: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=527305782&noseen=1

I think it was actually for this post

Spinz posted:

Regarding Pete Davidson
Women have been saying for years and years that it's really not looks that matter so much it's confidence

In his case it's probably not even confidence as much as he just makes you laugh. Nothing is more attractive than a guy that makes you laugh. If you have to pick one thing that makes someone appealing in the long term it's probably a great sense of humor.

Or

consistently being just fantastic for you in the sack. I'm still carrying a torch for the dweeby autistic guy I thought wasn't good enough that made me come like magic every drat time.

So if hes a funny great lover.... :swoon:

In any event the guy is now gonna have to be beating them off with a stick for the rest of his life, hope he can handle it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Buschmaki posted:

plz don't post untagged warcrimes in this thread

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I spent 2 years living in a tent with lovely 2G cell phone internet, so literally all I could do was read SA.

The Spoonful of Bromide was by far my favorite saga. He just wanted to make the worlds best webcomic but was repeatedly BETRAYED.

Also (and I know this has been reposted multiple times here) the guy from the Buddhism thread who came in and argued with everyone and called them idiots who weren’t even real Buddhists before telling everyone he was about to realize enlightenment.

God I love these forums. 16 years of big lols for $10

the buddhism posts are so good

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Ruddha posted:

A young monk approached Joshu, saying, "Master, I have just entered the monastery, please give me your teaching!" Joshu replied, "Have you eaten?" The young monk confirmed, "Uh, yes I have." Joshu calmly replied "Then you should wash your bowl." The young monk's face got really angry as he screamed at him "That is retarded. Are you serious? Come on. Ohhh my god. That's not even what I asked for, talk about bad faith. I'm outta here."

Whenever someone says 'retarded' shouldn't be posted on this website this is what I think of. This is what word filters rob you of. The perfect post.

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

That post spawned at least 2 QCS threads ranting about mods hating women. There's the "5000 page" GBS thread that seems like a chat thread for a handful of specific posters and they treat Spinz like their patron saint.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

pentyne posted:

That post spawned at least 2 QCS threads ranting about mods hating women. There's the "5000 page" GBS thread that seems like a chat thread for a handful of specific posters and they treat Spinz like their patron saint.

It's one of the last vestiges of the lovely dad gay so what style dudes and it's quaint to see it

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I miss ruddha

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
i eat rear end

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Ohtori Akio posted:

It's funny because the posts are completely indistinguishable now.

Now?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I wish I had some good rear end sagas to offer to the thread right now because it feels like two weeks of the most boring political forum poo poo for thousands of posts.

Anyone remember the sega killer??

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pentyne posted:

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's one of the last vestiges of the lovely dad gay so what style dudes and it's quaint to see it

judging by the most recent derpies alt being banned, they all hang out in a sinister offsite discord keeping the style alive lol

i do like the idea of some deep cover goon going party plane jones on a bunch of guys who like to say "u tuggin" though

Brian Worms
May 29, 2007
I guess not a saga, but there was that one mod (or maybe a few? my memory is a sieve) that would close threads because they were "getting too many posts". Did this really happen or am i insane?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Tetramin posted:

I wish I had some good rear end sagas to offer to the thread right now because it feels like two weeks of the most boring political forum poo poo for thousands of posts.

Anyone remember the sega killer??

cakefarts as a meme was started by OwlOfCreamCheese being the first person to find it and get it going viral.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Brian Worms posted:

I guess not a saga, but there was that one mod (or maybe a few? my memory is a sieve) that would close threads because they were "getting too many posts". Did this really happen or am i insane?

Too many posts in a thread would bring the servers to their knees in the old days, so threads routinely got closed after 1000 posts. Idk if you're asking about something else tho.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Brian Worms posted:

There was a period of time where long threads actually made the site break

Brian Worms
May 29, 2007

welcome posted:

Too many posts in a thread would bring the servers to their knees in the old days, so threads routinely got closed after 1000 posts. Idk if you're asking about something else tho.

No, this was like a "it's getting too chatty in here, closing the thread for a day" kind of thing.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

politics posting is like staring directly at the sun too long. just don't

lmfao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Can this be the new thread title, it's great

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Goons took over a browser game based on politics and war, called "Politics and War" by implementing full scale automatic communism, and ruled over the game so effortlessly the main admin actually hosed around with the rules and ended up destroying the game in order to "own" the goons.

Politics & Wars: Come check out all the better games we play

A j4g

Joining goons P&W

quote:

Just recently (like months ago) Goons overran a browser game called Politics And War by setting taxes to 100%, having each goon only create one resource, and then using a discord bot to operate supply requests and hand out battle targets. As a result, all the nazi/wehraboo alliances started banding together to stop the juggernaut of actual automated communism to little success.

Eventually the creator literally changed the rules of the game in order to ban goon and goon adjacent factions, which also killed the game for the nazi factions because now what.

There was also a 'baseball' minigame that was being run by a certain player who only let people access a translated korean manga if they joined and gave her stuff, getting up to 1000 people that way. Goons also took it over.

quote:

See, the game had a minigame in it that magic'd up money out of thin air every time you clicked a box on screen. Goons saw that and went balls deep into maximizing the minigame income. We set up a cartel that forced other people to pay us if they wanted to play the game, or we'd blacklist them. Since we were playing like 90% of all baseball games anybody that chose to ignore our weekly bills quickly found themselves unable to play the minigame profitably.

The biggest anti-goon minigame player eventually got banned for using two accounts and botting the game.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 28, 2022

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Brian Worms posted:

To add on to what others have said, for a while the thinking was that people tended to click on short threads rather than long ones, so it was good to refresh megathreads every now and then so it wouldn't be the same 20 posters over and over again

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

pentyne posted:

love people running to QCS to defend their buds without even reading the post that got their pal probed

Ichabod Tane posted:

Edit: looking at her most recent probe, talking about Pete Davidson (lol) being confident and that being sexy is not nitty gritty sex details and a wack reason to probe someone imo.

yeah maybe it was for talking about Pete Davidson's excellent confident, or perhaps it was because several sentences later we had to see this:

Spinz posted:

consistently being just fantastic for you in the sack. I'm still carrying a torch for the dweeby autistic guy I thought wasn't good enough that made me come like magic every drat time.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
spinz is gross lol

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

pentyne posted:

There was also a 'baseball' minigame that was being run by a certain player who only let people access a translated korean manga if they joined and gave her stuff, getting up to 1000 people that way. Goons also took it over.

the korean manga was Who Made Me a Princess for the shoujo fans out there.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

pentyne posted:

Goons took over a browser game based on politics and war, called "Politics and War" by implementing full scale automatic communism, and ruled over the game so effortlessly the main admin actually hosed around with the rules and ended up destroying the game in order to "own" the goons.

Politics & Wars: Come check out all the better games we play

A j4g

Joining goons P&W

The handful of kids who still play that game are still fuckin terrified of goons, to the point where an intentionally leaked convo of us talking about making a return a few months ago had them go full defcon 5 panicking about which people in their org were secret goon spies etc. along with some of them making a podcast episode asking for people to hack into Something Awful to get Intel on us.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

The handful of kids who still play that game are still fuckin terrified of goons, to the point where an intentionally leaked convo of us talking about making a return a few months ago had them go full defcon 5 panicking about which people in their org were secret goon spies etc. along with some of them making a podcast episode asking for people to hack into Something Awful to get Intel on us.

lol

do they know that hacking into SA only costs ten bucks?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

spinz is gross lol

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I misread that the manga in question was about baseball. Without clicking that link, I'd wager my assumption was a better outcome.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

WarpDogs posted:

love people running to QCS to defend their buds without even reading the post that got their pal probed

yeah maybe it was for talking about Pete Davidson's excellent confident, or perhaps it was because several sentences later we had to see this:

elton john voice
goodbye autistic dweeb

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Buschmaki posted:

an autistic guy thinking about trains harder than he ever has in his life so he bust in a 50 year old woman

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

spinzter

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

IGgy IGsen posted:

lol

I just started searching their forums for the keyword "goon"

E: I cant take this seriously but they seem to really think that buying an SA account is some deep insult to the game's ecosystem https://forum.politicsandwar.com/in...#comment-433475

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
12:05 PM eastern standard time, the Muslims have vanished. Check for yourself if you don't believe me. Where have they gone to?

There is speculation, of course. Scientists mention a cosmic storm that passed the Earth on January 20. A man says they are all in caves. Certain groups lament a faulty Rapture. A woman says he has taken their power and absorbed it into himself. She means Barack Obama. I doubt it, but he does seem somehow taller. The ground rumbles at times. The breaking news says WASHINGTON DC, with red concentric circles. I'm uneasy, but what can we do? Terror is defeated and if Obama were a Muslim, he'd be just as gone as them. There's no cause for alarm.

Within months, Barack Obama has declared a war on vague unease. It's a good idea, because frankly we could all use some peace of mind. Approval rating is higher than ever now that the Muslims had left, but I don't think we are happy yet. His eyes are shining sometimes, as a deer's eyes shine in a flashlight beam. Small fissures criss-cross the pavement. Trees are swaying, but the breeze is gone. Something is changing in our world.

Aeroplanes don't exist anymore. Scientists explain that the density of the air is too low to support their wings. Then how do we breathe?! We should have died by now, but I think we are evolving. Our bodies haven't changed, but the atmosphere..

One man says it was the rapture after all, and we have since entered the Kingdom of God. Barack is now the size of an oak tree. He sleeps outside since the rains have ceased, and his skin is thick to bullets. Now he wanders through he countryside impassively. He ignores a rural photo-op. He studies a leaf for twenty days. Only a fool would call this Heaven.

Satellites fall to earth like rain used to. No friction burns them away, so we trudge past countless flecks of solar panel and ribbons of golden cloth. It's a silent car crash every few hours, though cars themselves no longer run. No oxygen remains to ignite their fuel. Obama strides across the landscape, taller than the Freedom Tower. We've given up on assassination; all men are immortal now, and guns no longer fire.

I'm starting to wish the Muslims were back.

We found them with a telescope. Images of a colony on the right side of the moon. See the parts that jut from the lower right? I think they're mosques. Soon they are visible to the naked eye, but how? Their cities are enormous. We watch them as they live and die. They have our former atmosphere; the moon is fringed with blue. "Look at how they wield their guns," writes a man. "I always said he'd take our guns away." They eat and sleep like we once did, building worthless ziggurats. We have everything we wanted, but oh how we envy their strife!

It's long been clear that Obama brought this uncomfortable perfection upon us, but I can't bring myself to blame him for it. He's reminded us all of how our lives had been discarded out of fear. I know now why he grows each day. In time, when we are ready he will reach out into space. He will raise us up in his great hand, to this new Earth that gleams like a frozen star. And if Obama does not carry us, we can climb...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

lol

They are literal highschoolers so I don't think they have credit cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Upgrade posted:

also the absolute craziest part of the Ukraine drama is that an admin was literally removed for genocide denial and those same posts that everyone was disgusted by are now allowed and encouraged

ppl keep saying this but homework explainer quit because you people have brain damage and made that up + kept repeating it over and over. also according to him being an admin is mad fail, which I believe