Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

They need an amber otherwise the boys get way too complacent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What had Matt gotten wrong?

I have not as yet killed my self and everyone around me.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

They're all good and funny actually

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

When I first started listening to Chapo I couldn't tell the the boy's voices apart.

I had felix's voice linked with will's face and vice versa for months when I first started listening

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm not an E1 guy or even much of a felix guy but their princess diana episode is one of the funniest things I've ever heard and pretty much the only podcast thing I've relistened to beyond cum town bits on youtube

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

The Chad Jihad posted:

I had felix's voice linked with will's face and vice versa for months when I first started listening

Same.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I love it when Felix comes on E1 and just repeats the same bit he's been obsessed with on chapo for the last month over and over and that's the joke every time. Come on, I think the guys funny on chapo but he's easily the weakest part of any E1 ep he's on. Or any of the streams he pops up on.

i hate that youre right

Gripweed posted:

man I thought you guys were exaggerating about this episode. Zenguya is dumb enough to be funny once or twice, but they really thought they'd struck gold with it

it feels like a copy and paste of a mediocre e1 episode without ever being funny. gonna listen to a good episode to fix the vibes

https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/e23-debugging-the-bran-5000

Slanderer fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 29, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Slanderer posted:

i hate that youre right

it feels like a copy and paste of a mediocre e1 episode without ever being funny. gonna listen to a good episode to fix the vibes

https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/e23-debugging-the-bran-5000

The equivalent E1 episode about the group being reunited decades in the future was great just for the slow reveal of what the argument that broke them up was about

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
E1 rocks

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Slanderer posted:

i hate that youre right

Remember when he was reading knausgaard and he did the knausgaard impersonation on two different E1 eps after doing it for months on chapo?

Also I've always been right.

The True Story of the Terra Haute Bathroom Club was one of the funniest things I've heard in forever. E1 misses a lot but when it hits it hits.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 29, 2022

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

What’s the best point Felix has made in the last, I dunno, six months? I feel like Will is the man on the street, saying normal things and breaking down how John Q Citizen might feel about a current topic. Matt then rambles incoherently about the psychic and extra-dimensional implications of the subject at hand vis a vis whether or not he’s smoking jays or eating edibles, and Felix just blithely makes references to whatever Wikipedia page he’s currently got bookmarked on FireFox.

Just been a while since Felix made anything approaching a good point, IMHO, and he’s only funny by accident, like when he said Kanye is obviously mentally ill because he’s so annoying.

I am going to disintegrate you with a full power Final Flash.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't know if the ep gets better but I listened to the first like 15 or 20mins of it on the way to and from work and it was extremely unfunny in a bland boring way. Women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

the most annoying person in any room that he’s standing in

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'd like to think bust never stands at parties and prefers to lounge, head tilted back, eating grapes from the bunch

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Most podcasts are extremely bad and unfunny and I will gladly take a low energy chapo over almost anything else.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Last ep wasn't for me but that's fine because you gotta take big swings. Felix owns and I feel bad4u if you are only listening for Good Points instead of Good Lulz

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I like spending an hour hashing through some dumb premise with my friends, just riffing on what’s being put out there. That’s how this episode felt, and it made my friday work shift feel roughly 1 hour shorter so it gets a thumbs up from me. It’s no more complex than that.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The idea of basing whether or not you like The Original Dry Boys on how accurate their political predictions are is psycho behavior to me, personally.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Gripweed posted:

you're a moron

Random riffs about obscure video games and worshipping terrible art to be contrarian now that truly rocks

Félix can be awesome: (Fighting In The Age of Loneliness) but he often phones it in

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

NienNunb posted:

The idea of basing whether or not you like The Original Dry Boys on how accurate their political predictions are is psycho behavior to me, personally.

When I start listening to the podcast, I put all my Patreon donations on the table. Every time the boys get a prediction wrong I smile and put a dollar back into my wallet.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
Not bothering with the new episode but I don’t mind a break from Felix talking about smart phones being evil.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah I think they're all missing the mark om that one.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Isentropy posted:

Random riffs about obscure video games and worshipping terrible art to be contrarian now that truly rocks

Félix can be awesome: (Fighting In The Age of Loneliness) but he often phones it in

Felix plays the Quentin Tarantino movies of games: very popular, critically praised (by actually academic writers), obviously cool to anyone who enjoys the medium, fun, etc

Yeah he really needs to team up with Jon Bois again, FitAoL was awesome like all of Bois' stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P52G4Kyq5M

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Action Serious posted:

Not bothering with the new episode but I don’t mind a break from Felix talking about smart phones being evil.

nah entirely correct on that, especially for younger people. We're going to look back on early teens having smart phones and unrestricted access to social media the way we did them smoking

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

terrorist ambulance posted:

nah entirely correct on that, especially for younger people. We're going to look back on early teens having smart phones and unrestricted access to social media the way we did them smoking

There's a reason basically every higher up & big wig in the tech industry has a "no screens allowed" policy for their own children, they have literally decades of concrete data from their own internal research that basically proves that its driving us all completely insane, stunting our emotional and social development and giving teenagers dysmorphia and eating disorders and driving them to suicide because the bullying and FOMO literally never, ever stops. Just dig around literally any interview with any tech entrepreneur or Apple engineer when the subject of screentime or children comes up, it's across the board universally "not my kids".

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah I think they're all missing the mark om that one.

They are most definitely not

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

You need a smartphone to live but setting it to "only contact me about jobs/work stuff on my work burner or if you're a friend of mine" helps your quality of life

Otherwise use it to read your favourite sportswriter on the go

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

There's a reason basically every higher up & big wig in the tech industry has a "no screens allowed" policy for their own children, they have literally decades of concrete data from their own internal research that basically proves that its driving us all completely insane, stunting our emotional and social development and giving teenagers dysmorphia and eating disorders and driving them to suicide because the bullying and FOMO literally never, ever stops. Just dig around literally any interview with any tech entrepreneur or Apple engineer when the subject of screentime or children comes up, it's across the board universally "not my kids".

shut up

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I know it's XKCD but that bit about how [letters/radio/TV] was CORRUPTING the young generation stays relevant

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
oh well if the computers are freaking epic reddit guy thinks phones are good, well

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Didn't I just see you posting about meth in tcc

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

What’s the best point Felix has made in the last, I dunno, six months?

who cares, what kind of person listens to this show to hear them make good points

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Bust Rodd posted:

Bust please stop just making things up and getting mad about them

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think the imminent apocalypse that literally everyone is aware of but nobody will do anything about is a much greater source of mental illness than the phones.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

idk to me it seems the smart phone has been pretty bad for everyones brains through social media, millenials and genxers are probably the least affected having grown up with the internet gradually but it's wreaked havoc on boomers and zoomers brains. Like I wish I didn't need one because of how invasive the technology is on my life, but it's just too useful at the same time

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Smartphone bad but I'll keep touching that garbage

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

The Chad Jihad posted:

lmao a Felix voice/Will face hybrid is a rough hand dealt for a man

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
The new Virgil and Amber suck

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Chad Jihad posted:

I'll keep touching that garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7kYneJqmes