Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CitizenKeen posted:

I understand that, it’s the 1950 I’m having trouble with. By my math that’s 1,520 gold a day.

I'm not saying you do it every day. I'm saying that if you happen to have not bought anything for a while and have 2k gold then you can convert most of it into credits in one day. Although I added up wrong, putting the gold value for the big buy into the total instead of the credit value. The daily limit for purchased leveling is actually 2250 credits for 1800G.

No Wave posted:

Oh I see. That's a whole lot of minmaxing for 25 extra credits per split if I'm understanding it correctly. I guess it's something to give you some direction though, it's fun to optimize.

You're not minimaxing credit costs per split, those are constant. Rather, you're maximising the speed at which you can level and acquire cards given the finite limit on credits detailed above. The chapter mission to increase CL by 20 is half price if you can use only commons to complete it and the mission to upgrade 8 cards can be even cheaper if you have to use blue or higher cards for it. This is significant when you're trying to acquire cards and thus spending credits as fast as you get them. If you can't play for a week it can even make the difference between completing those missions and their chapters, which is worth 3-5 Season Caches. So instead of upgrading a green to blue as soon as you have 100 credits, you should try to save enough credits to upgrade the highest ranked card you have enough boosters for; it increases the number of splits you have available when you need them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I just looked up the Season Cache odds and will post them here to save anyone else the trouble. I think the two I've received so far were "10 boosters" and "100 credits" which is quite the difference in value lol

5% Mystery Variant
25% 50 Credits
10% 100 Credits
5% 200 Credits
25% 10 Boosters
10% 15 Boosters
5% 20 Boosters
10% 50 Gold
5% 100 Gold

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Is it better to stick with pool 1 to climb? Or try to get all of pool 2 first.

I'm at rank 40 and it's not easy :)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Depends on what kind of deck you're trying to make, better to work on synergy than the card powers themselves

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

I'm almost out of pool one (CL 191) and I still haven't gotten Elektra or Rocket unlocked, but 99% of my opponents are playing both. This unlock system is so frustrating.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

xK1 posted:

I'm almost out of pool one (CL 191) and I still haven't gotten Elektra or Rocket unlocked, but 99% of my opponents are playing both. This unlock system is so frustrating.

Elektra's cool for the counterplays, but Rocket seems replaceable with power 1 drops like Hawkeye/Blade.

Enchantress is the real counterplay MVP so far. You can bait people who telegraph the ongoing combo into betting 8 cubes. But it can get counterplayed too.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

xK1 posted:

I feel your pain. I’m at 185 and no Bishop. Just unlocked Rocket with my last mystery card. I’d like to stop at the top of pool one and cap out on 5k credits before diving into pool two.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rocket is really good once you have Falcon and/or Beast

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Any advice for my Move deck?:

Iron Fist
Nightcrawler
RocketRaccoon
Kraven
Multiple Man
Scarlet Witch
Cloak
Doc. Strange
Enchantress
MM-Spiderman
Vision
Heimdall

feeling like it centers around Kraven and MM, but it's hard to get combos going with them.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Banjo Bones posted:

Iron Fist
Nightcrawler
RocketRaccoon
Kraven
Multiple Man
Scarlet Witch
Cloak
Doc. Strange
Enchantress
MM-Spiderman
Vision
Heimdall

feeling like it centers around Kraven and MM, but it's hard to get combos going with them.

Hulk Buster buffs Multiple Man without taking up space for Move shenanigans. Also can make Nightcrawler an even bigger mobile threat.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You also want Human Torch and Vulture in there if you have them, but yeah Hulk Buster makes a big difference in a movement deck.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I just started playing this game the other day, and I'm definitely enjoying it more than I expected to.
Still trying to get the hang of building a solid deck, but I seem to be doing alright so far at least.
Mostly just trying to work out some good synergies right now, and learning to pay attention to effects so that I don't play Iron Man on the "Ongoing effects are cancelled" location again.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Killmonger is my new favorite card. Lots of Zoo still at Diamond/CL 300

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

So how do you switch card pools exactly? I thought the way it worked was you had to finish pool 1 before moving on to pool 2, etc; but I see people talking about when to switch pools

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Scrap Dragon posted:

So how do you switch card pools exactly? I thought the way it worked was you had to finish pool 1 before moving on to pool 2, etc; but I see people talking about when to switch pools

Pool one is up to collection level 214
Pool two is up to collection level 450 (although this thing I’ll link says 3 starts at 462)
Pool three goes up to thousands

So if you unlock all the cards you want and stop levelling things, you can stay below 214 till you cap out at 5k credits for a boost into pool two.

https://marvelsnap.io/card-database/?&sort=name&limit=20&offset=0

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

goferchan posted:

I just looked up the Season Cache odds and will post them here to save anyone else the trouble. I think the two I've received so far were "10 boosters" and "100 credits" which is quite the difference in value lol

5% Mystery Variant
25% 50 Credits
10% 100 Credits
5% 200 Credits
25% 10 Boosters
10% 15 Boosters
5% 20 Boosters
10% 50 Gold
5% 100 Gold

Those odds have changed drastically in the last two seasons to favour 10 booster/50 credits. It isn't worth playing for rewards past level 50 any more.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

BGrifter posted:

Pool two is up to collection level 450 (although this thing I’ll link says 3 starts at 462)

So if you unlock all the cards you want and stop levelling things, you can stay below 214 till you cap out at 5k credits for a boost into pool two.

There is a credit cap of 5k?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Klungar posted:

There is a credit cap of 5k?

Yes. You won't lose credits if something puts you over - if you complete a Hard mission at 4950 credits you'll go to 5050. But you can't do anything that would give you more credits if you're already above the cap, including opening boxes and completing missions. So you need to spend some, or you'll miss out.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Jedit posted:

Yes. You won't lose credits if something puts you over - if you complete a Hard mission at 4950 credits you'll go to 5050. But you can't do anything that would give you more credits if you're already above the cap, including opening boxes and completing missions. So you need to spend some, or you'll miss out.

Well poop, guess I can only avoid Pool 2 for so long then. Just pushed from 172 to 214 since I was at 4900 credits and just avoided getting burned on this before finding out about it. I’ll still get to push 100 CL into Pool 2 once it’s finally time to take the plunge at least.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
I'm completely hooked. I can't believe Ben Brode just went and made Hearthstone 2, but with a better and more well-loved IP.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Banjo Bones posted:

Iron Fist
Nightcrawler
RocketRaccoon
Kraven
Multiple Man
Scarlet Witch
Cloak
Doc. Strange
Enchantress
MM-Spiderman
Vision
Heimdall

Mine is pretty similar but running Ebony Maw, Hulkbuster, Klaw, and Vulture. Still a little torn on the former, the move abilities make the downside less of a liability, but it feels really bad to draw him after turn 3 as a dead card. Hulkbuster is great for reasons mentioned and a major component of the payoff with Multiple Man. Klaw is nice as you have several effects that move cards to the left and he gives you a little extra coverage on the right side. And Vulture is another good move payoff card, he gets big pretty quickly.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Klungar posted:

Well poop, guess I can only avoid Pool 2 for so long then. Just pushed from 172 to 214 since I was at 4900 credits and just avoided getting burned on this before finding out about it. I’ll still get to push 100 CL into Pool 2 once it’s finally time to take the plunge at least.

You can put it off for a day or so by accumulating six completed missions before you spend the credits. You also don't lose any credits you're awarded, you just can't claim them. So don't claim any credit rewards apart from the biggest one you can get - probably 500 credits either from spending gold or from the Season Ladder - and time your spend to be just before a mission refresh. You should be able to push 129 levels: 108 from your bank of 5400, 9 from the stored missions, 3 more from the new missions and 9 from the 50-credit reward you get every 12 or 16 levels in Pool 2. That will put you almost exactly halfway through Pool 2. If you have any weekly mission boxes or chapter missions you can go a little further again by opening those.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The Grumbles posted:

I can't believe Ben Brode just went and made Smash Up, but with a better and more well-loved IP.

Fixed

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Victor Vermis posted:

Hulk Buster buffs Multiple Man without taking up space for Move shenanigans. Also can make Nightcrawler an even bigger mobile threat.

Forge is also a good Multiple Man buffer.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Banjo Bones posted:

Iron Fist
Nightcrawler
RocketRaccoon
Kraven
Multiple Man
Scarlet Witch
Cloak
Doc. Strange
Enchantress
MM-Spiderman
Vision
Heimdall

Here is what I'm rocking. I'm struggling to win consistently but I think that is me problem because I am like "If I had play X in a different lane, I would have won." Storm and maw prevents "play" but not movement.

# (1) Iron Fist
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Kraven
# (2) Multiple Man
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Storm
# (3) Doctor Strange
# (3) Vulture
# (4) Miles Morales
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (6) Heimdall
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNaWxlc01vcmFsZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktyYXZlbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRG9jdG9yU3RyYW5nZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXVsdGlwbGVNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25GaXN0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDbG9hayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVpbWRhbGwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVib255TWF3In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWdWx0dXJlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9iZ29ibGluIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Whoops quote is not an edit.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
lol, Enchantress against their Devil Dinosaur at The Space Throne. Snap me, will you?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

BGrifter posted:

Ah okay, thanks. I'm assuming that eventually you can get the cards you missed out on from the earlier pools once you get everything from pool 3?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Am I dumb or missing something, or are the events really lame? (Venom/Carnage event and the Halloween one). I must have not read the Venom/Carnage one properly because I thought we would get an avatar (or was it only if your team won) or did I not claim it? The current Halloween one... is a ton of grinding for a paltry 100 credits? That's it?

e: and that's besides how awful the UI for events is and the fact that it's hidden in the News screen

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

They seem pretty half-assed but they don't really require you to do anything other than play the game like normal to get some extra free poo poo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I kind of like what they’ve been doing with the events so far. They give you some other stuff to do but don’t require a whole lot of you and you get a prize just for participating.
The venom vs carnage one will be a pixel variant card for whichever won and will probably show up next week

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm not really clear how the events/seasons work. I just downloaded the game and the news tab says it's Symbiote Season Pass but the season pass tab says it's Recruit Season. I don't even see where I would buy a season pass?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Symbiote Invasion stuff becomes visible after finishing the Recruit stuff.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I'm not really clear how the events/seasons work. I just downloaded the game and the news tab says it's Symbiote Season Pass but the season pass tab says it's Recruit Season. I don't even see where I would buy a season pass?

The Recruit Season pass is still basically the tutorial, you’ll unlock normal events after you are done with it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Scrap Dragon posted:

Ah okay, thanks. I'm assuming that eventually you can get the cards you missed out on from the earlier pools once you get everything from pool 3?

When you move between pools you’ve got everything in the previous one. No chance to miss anything. I’m at CL 197 with two mystery cards left on the path before 214. I’m missing Forge and Cable from pool one.

Where it sounds like it gets a little gnarly is pool 3. First card unlocks at 462 but the last won’t be till CL 3300+ so it’s a massive grind to fill out the pool 3 cards. Some people will get lucky and unlock all the top staples right away. Some poor folks will get thousands of ranks in and still need important cards.

Hopefully by the time we’re all hitting 462+ they’ll have figured out the alternative way to get cards. Maybe once a month you can turn a mystery pack into a select-a-card pack or something.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

They're supposed to be implementing some sort of collector coins or some such that you will spend towards targeting a particular card, yeah.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I just hope they're not too stingy with it. A f2p player should be able to craft at least a single card every week.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Has there been any word on an official end date for the symbiote ranked rewards? They are extending the season pass by two weeks, I would assume that also applies to the ranked rewards, does this mean both will rotate in the middle of the month from now on? They really should put an ends on date at the top of both pages like they have for the Halloween event.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Where it sounds like it gets a little gnarly is pool 3. First card unlocks at 462 but the last won’t be till CL 3300+ so it’s a massive grind to fill out the pool 3 cards.

It's a massive grind, but it's a lot faster than that. Not being full collection at CL3300 is the far extreme and is mostly something suffered by the people who have been playing since Season 1 - the ladder rewards were altered to speed things up at the start of Season 2, but as the change was to give more frequent chances at a card rather than long gaps between guaranteed cards they couldn't retroactively award the cards to people who had jumped far ahead. Under the new system once you hit CL1000 you enter bands within which you are all but guaranteed to get the same number of cards as anyone else (plus or minus 1). I had a nightmare time between CL500 and CL1000 where I fell two cards behind the expected average, but it all evened out and I completed my collection at CL2794, which is about as early as you can manage it. Typically you'll get your last Pool 3 card between 2800 and 3000.

If you want to know how long it takes: you get 500 credits a day from missions and your free 50s plus 1250 from the weekly for a total of 4750 a week. At CL500 you have a 50% chance to get a card every 8 levels and a 50 credit bonus every 16, so a new card "costs" 750 credits net. Above CL750 this shifts to a 50% chance for a card and 50 credits every 12 levels, moving the cost up to 1100 net. The last change comes at CL1000, when the Caches are replaced with Reserves that have only a 25% chance to give a card but an equal chance to give a cosmetic and all other rewards increased 33% in value. This puts the net cost to find a card at 2200 credits. There's also a pity timer that guarantees every 9th Reserve is a new card, but if that happens you'll usually get two or three in a row once it pops. Lastly, this doesn't account for rewards from the Season Track or the gold and credits you can get in boxes that don't have a card, and it doesn't account for the times you upgrade a common for half price. So even at the slowest rate you should still be getting at least two new cards a week as an F2P. Getting all 75 cards in Pool 3 takes about three months if all you buy is the Season Pass, nearer four months if you don't spend at all.

Regarding Symbiote Season ranked awards: one season ends and the new one begins, and that's when rewards reset. I'm assuming that the next season will be four weeks and then we'll get a five week season to close the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

The Symbiote Invasion stuff becomes visible after finishing the Recruit stuff.

Klungar posted:

The Recruit Season pass is still basically the tutorial, you’ll unlock normal events after you are done with it.

Ah, thanks. Am I correct that other than cosmetics/resources, the Miles Morales card is the only actual card reward that will be unavailable when the Symbiote Season ends?