Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am still enjoying the fight.

*in obama voice* then perish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Mirello posted:

Man this fight is so loving boring. Anything with woli is so annoying. Please Ricardo just pinch his loving head off his shoulders so we don't have to deal with this poo poo anymore.

https://i.imgur.com/VL032jv.mp4

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am still enjoying the fight.

why

actually why, serious question why

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

if woli does the harimau double corkscrew backflip uppercuts I will say it has gone a step too far

other than that this is way tamer than the ippo/woli fight and "HE KICKED OFF THE ROPE, WHAT'S NEXT, SWINGING FROM THE TREES THAT HE MAKES OUT OF TURNBUCKLES???" is funny but if you stuck around after ippo/woli and somehow this is the straw then I don't know what to tell you other than lol, lmao

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

standard wrestling heel stuff got some of y'all heated

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Patware posted:

why

actually why, serious question why

I'm just curious about what Martinez is going to do

They definitely could have condensed the last ~3 chapters to 1, though.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i wouldn't care so much if either the pacing or the content was better. the content is okayish barring the insane stuff which breaks suspension of disbelief but the pacing is abysmal. after this many chapters in sendo vs alfredo (a good fight imo) we had gone through almost all of the important plot beats barring the final one

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will probably enjoy the fight when the bass finally drops but goddamn the build up is taking forever--even Ricardo is talking about it

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Eight-Six posted:

standard wrestling heel stuff got some of y'all heated

its a boxing manga

and nobody has gone "THATS IT I QUIT READING FOREVER" we just wanna get on with it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Patware posted:

its a boxing manga

and nobody has gone "THATS IT I QUIT READING FOREVER" we just wanna get on with it

Yeah this. It's stupid poo poo but I've been reading this thing for 20 years so I'll come back but no way I'm gonna go week to week with this garbage. I'll just power through it when the fights over and settled and the gang is back to making dick jokes.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i've probably read each chapter on average about 3-4 times in my life so there is startlingly little that will cause me to ever drop this manga

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
as long as Ippo still has that enormous elephant trunk I'll keep reading

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

CharlestonJew posted:

Hajime no Chinpo

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I feel like I remember a time when this thread regularly compared reading the series to domestic abuse.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

my parents boyfriend posted:

I feel like I remember a time when this thread regularly compared reading the series to domestic abuse.

i think that was during the last woli fight

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

and they were right

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I quit reading not long after the first Woli fight, and this discussion is not making me want to resume any time soon.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Eight-Six posted:

if you stuck around after ippo/woli and somehow this is the straw then I don't know what to tell you other than lol, lmao

I did not stick around. In fact, I’ve been following this thread closer than the manga for nearly 15 years since the first woli fight. And In following recently it’s been “hey, this is actually getting kinda good again.”

And now we are here so hey, I stand by my choice.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

cool

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

sendo vs ricardo is the fight i am truly waiting for

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

tbp posted:

sendo vs ricardo is the fight i am truly waiting for

ok i hear you but hear me out here how about : sendo vs woli

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

woli vs gin

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Bisse posted:

ok i hear you but hear me out here how about : sendo vs woli

They just sparred and Sendo couldn't catch him. Sure it might look a little different if he were going all out in a real match, but Ricardo's "true form" is already basically a super technical Sendo, it would just be a less patient version of what we're already getting.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

That Works posted:

Yeah this. It's stupid poo poo but I've been reading this thing for 20 years so I'll come back but no way I'm gonna go week to week with this garbage. I'll just power through it when the fights over and settled and the gang is back to making dick jokes.

He might not be Oda, but at least Morikawa ain't Togashi.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 1, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

Morikawa decides to retcon this one thing

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Togashi loving earned the hiatuses though

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainRat posted:

Hajime no Chinpo

Wait until it is revealed that Woli's hog is even bigger than Ippo's. He's the chosen one.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

trucutru posted:

Wait until it is revealed that Woli's hog is even bigger than Ippo's. He's the chosen one.

That ain’t a tail hanging off his trunks

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

That ain’t a tail hanging off his trunks

It's wrapped around his waist; the tail is only the end of it

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

https://hni-scantrad.com/lel/read/hajime-no-ippo/en-us/135/1401/page/1

good chap

mori, keep writing this way

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Good punchan

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

small prediction to see if i truly have gotten a handle on morikawa's writing style:

a ton will be made of ricardo catching the counter at the end of the punching match. the theme we'll be hit with is that he's "already at the point where he can do that".

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab

tbp posted:

small prediction to see if i truly have gotten a handle on morikawa's writing style:

a ton will be made of ricardo catching the counter at the end of the punching match. the theme we'll be hit with is that he's "already at the point where he can do that".

he can endure WARLEES punches so tries to pursue/trap/corner

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Awww...Sendo and Volg getting mad for Wally.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
The two Woli fights are easily the two lowest points of the manga. It's like Morikawa just completely forgets how boxing works.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think Gedo is the worst Ippo fight for me, but that might be because that is the first fight I followed week to week.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 2, 2022

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

gedo was cool when you could power through it. I can understand how maddening it must have been to have weeks of "how is he punching so far!" only for it to be revealed that his glove was a little loose lmao

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

This was good, good punching

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Now that is more like it. Of course we know Wolis weakness is his punches dont have oomph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I really expected more from this chapter after reading this thread than they both threw punches but I guess that's where we're at.