Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I was really bad about eating vegetables until I went to college and discovered that my parents just weren't very good at cooking most of them.

Same. Turns out the "boiling the poo poo out of them" technique doesn't make them taste very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
im so stuffed up i cant even taste moms delicious boiled celery

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Unironically calling yourself a 'supertaster' should be grounds for involuntary pysch hold.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Beets own and I couldnt imagine life without them

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i wonder if there are better things to fill my headspace with than quotes from the simpsons

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
probably not

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Violen posted:

i wonder if there are better things to fill my headspace with than quotes from the simpsons

Steven Universe fan theories.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Speaking of vegetables, one of my favorite facts is that decades' worth of jokes about Brussels sprouts will be incomprehensible to future generations because Dutch farmers found an old variety that didn't have that weird bad taste and now it's the standard cultivar so sprouts have tasted just fine for like 20 years now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I was really bad about eating vegetables until I went to college and discovered that my parents just weren't very good at cooking most of them.

Same except my parents are both really good cooks and I was just a picky rear end in a top hat as a kid

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i like to eat

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

:mods:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Could someone link to the bacon cheese mug and the guy at 20 having the blood cholesterol of an old man keto thread please

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
i have an extensive document with every post where a goon changes the lyrics to a large part of a song

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Stux posted:

rip benny harvey. miss you big man.

*thumps chest with fist, kisses for fingers, throws a peace sign to the sky*

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

i have an extensive document with every post where a goon changes the lyrics to a large part of a song

what's the over/under on how they scan

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I got called a lib today. I feel...different somehow

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you fight like a lib

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Buschmaki posted:

Could someone link to the bacon cheese mug and the guy at 20 having the blood cholesterol of an old man keto thread please

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3407406&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=288#post396550078

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

also the av that FYAD gave Sizzlechest makes me laugh a lot

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you fight like a lib

Throwing hands but it's me questioning if killing peeps is win.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

sweet geek swag posted:

As I recall, he said they modded R. Guyovich, but FYAD kept chain probing him, so they had NO CHOICE but to make him an admin.

Which is sad, not only because Absurd Alhazred actually thougjt this was FYAD's fault, but because the mods couldn't figure out how to handle this situation in any other way.

to be fair this theory makes more sense than anyone willingly and voluntarily adminning Homework Explainer

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

I got called a lib today. I feel...different somehow

a couple weeks ago i got called a lib, fascist, fascist shield bearer here on the forums and also a communist irl all on the same day

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

a couple weeks ago i got called a lib, fascist, fascist shield bearer here on the forums and also a communist irl all on the same day

My fluffy beard and helmet with a little point on the top are generating many questions answered by my fluffy beard and helmet with a little point on the top.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

what's the over/under on how they scan

with a bit of studio magic, you'd forget weird al even existed

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Violen posted:

wonder how much cross-pollination there is between that thread and the low carb threads

I didn't see any, but someone helpfully reposted a low carb thread person's idea of a good steak in the thread that's worth admiring:

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

stuff like that is really upsetting because i dont eat veggies but its because of an eating disorder caused by ocd and im not like proud of it. it sucks and makes my life worse and fixing it is difficult because its professional therapy for an issue not a lot of people have expertise in. so seeing people who are like "gently caress yeah!" gbs style goons about something i struggle with is really irritating

It's really frustrating when the issues that get described are so broad that it does sound like some of the posters who insist they can't tolerate any fruits and vegetables have an untreated psychological aversion, but they've decided they've got profound super-taster powers that mean it's impossible for them to ever eat veggies. Oh but salsa and marinara are okay.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the carb thread is my favorite

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Speaking of vegetables, one of my favorite facts is that decades' worth of jokes about Brussels sprouts will be incomprehensible to future generations because Dutch farmers found an old variety that didn't have that weird bad taste and now it's the standard cultivar so sprouts have tasted just fine for like 20 years now.

Didn't a similar thing happen with bananas? Like they all got some kind of banana disease in the 50s and that's why banana candy doesn't taste like bananas?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dont eat that its killing you

im going to keep eating it mind your own business concern troll

later

why is my blood pressure and cholestral so high i dont understand

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

Didn't a similar thing happen with bananas? Like they all got some kind of banana disease in the 50s and that's why banana candy doesn't taste like bananas?

more or less, the way bananas are cultivated mean that every banana is genetically the same banana, which makes them critically vulnerable to disease. a bananapocalypse struck the last cultivar (gros-michel iirc), forcing banana farmers to replace them with the lemon-yellow cavendish bananas we see today

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

pentyne posted:

Steven Universe fan theories.

i thought wishing death on other goons was verboten

Nuns with Guns posted:

I didn't see any, but someone helpfully reposted a low carb thread person's idea of a good steak in the thread that's worth admiring:

lmao christ almighty

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

AFAIK there are still farms growing the old bananas, but they don't really export them anymore 'cause of that disease. So you're not going to have access to them unless you live near the farms

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

DaysBefore posted:

yes. specifically the old cultivar, gros-michel, was sweeter amd less complex than the cavendish we have today. artificial banana flavoring is isoamyl acetate, which occurs in real bananas, but gros-michel has way more of it than the cavendish does.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cavendishes are aslo now dying...

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
yeah the cavendish are weak to an entirely new disease and unlike before, we dont have a new cultivar lined up ready to replace it. so bananas are in big trouble

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

https://youtu.be/8QqkrIDeTeA

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Metamucil posted:

You must have the worst shits. Unless maybe you balance out your gross diet with a whole lotta my Username.

Edit: Wait, you don't even eat starches? Rice, beans? My god :smith:

Username synergy here

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Was the lowcarb thread also the source of the Lousigod jerky posts or was that a different goon beef fiasco?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crowetron posted:

Was the lowcarb thread also the source of the Lousigod jerky posts or was that a different goon beef fiasco?

that was an SA Mart thread where someone sold the jerky direct to goons and Louisgod bought like 50 lbs of fatty jerky a month

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Crowetron posted:

the jerky posts were long before, so it wasn't really a huge shocker when the meat continent was discovered by the nina, the pinta, and the santa maria before they got scuttled for being concern trolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

greggman posted:

No. I don't anticipate that we will. As a matter of fact, we will be phasing out fatty jerky all together.