Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I need to play FF14 again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
1. Stormblood
2. Heavensward
3. Shadowbringers
4. A Realm Reborn
5. Endwalker

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rarity posted:

You do!

1.ARR
2.Endwalker
3.Heavensward
4.Shadowbringers
5.Stormblood

But I loved them all, like I still really like stormblood and Shadowbringers is great, but I adore the og.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
endwalker worse than shadowbringers is a pretty normal take, the real curveball here is that you already had shadowbringers low

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rarity posted:

:hai:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i think endwalker is just as good as shadowbringers. it's really really good.

fridge corn posted:

1. Stormblood
2. Heavensward
3. Shadowbringers
4. A Realm Reborn
5. Endwalker

wild

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shadowbringers is better as a standalone story which is reasonable since Endwalker is more concerned with wrapping up the overarching plot.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

1. Shadowbringers
2. Endwalker
3. Heavensward
4. Stormblood
5. A Realm Reborn

Note: this rating is for their trailer songs

Edit: i forgot the shadowbringers part with Eternal Wind which is an automatic +1

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't get it. shadowbringers isn't supposed to be a standalone story? why would mmo expansions be judged on that metric?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I'm trying to fit enough other games I can submit a solid list for the GOTY thread :negative:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

i don't get it. shadowbringers isn't supposed to be a standalone story? why would mmo expansions be judged on that metric?

Well, not entirely "standalone," yes, but like the story within the expansion itself is better.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its all intolerable

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yes, we know. Go mald about the GOTY thread from 11 months ago some more.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

gonna cry?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Not as much as you've been crying about it every two weeks for the last year. Get a life.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/ctYVN05.mp4

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Don't get stuxed

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
you should know better than to take stux seriously by now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im very serious when i say its like harry potter or the office but for video games

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

fridge corn posted:

As someone who has studied and practiced Buddhism at points in my life I immediately recognised and appreciated the messaging of Endwalker, but I was also so already familiar with it that it didnt carry any significant weight for me. That said I felt the expansion ended very well, had some great character moments and I even got a bit teary eyed toward the end.

My comments are lacking in much needed context. Final Fantasy 14 is exceedingly good and Endwalker is no exception but I feel it is lacking in several areas and it failed to reach the highs set by previous expansions. Part of this may be down to hype and my of expectations of it from reading ppls reaction to it in last years goty thread and elsewhere. I understand why ppl enjoyed it so much but for me it didnt hit as hard. This may be due to simple personal preference to what I find interesting or enjoyable in a story and I appreciate Endwalker wasnt trying to tell that story. I dont think Endwalker is bad, I was just expecting to enjoy it more than I did.

"Oh, so it's a normal take." I say, casually throwing away a large rock.

Stux posted:

im very serious when i say its like harry potter or the office but for video games

last time I checked the developers didn't actively work to make trans people suffer so i wouldn't be so sure about that

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Kerrzhe posted:

expansion rankings are always a bit weird to me because they are generally main story quest rankings and don't really account for the full breadth of what is in them

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The office of gaming is FIFA or any Ubisoft series

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you rank them by the experience of playing the game when that expansion is current then heavensward would be rock bottom

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i don't think someone saying they don't like a popular mmo warrants these kinds of reactions

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
MMOs are fail.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Looper posted:

i don't think someone saying they don't like a popular mmo warrants these kinds of reactions

entirely expected tho

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I will be putting one of the Ffxiv expacs on my goty list (probably hw), out of respect, but on the turbulent, ebb-and-flow “is this game good or not” meter it’s been pretty much down for the past few weeks tbh

an mmo will never win SA goty ever again

May 8, 2006

showing very little faith in the league of legends mmo

rox
Sep 7, 2016

with pokemon comin out next month, ill have just barely played enough games to compile a list of "the 5 games i played this year"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

last time I checked the developers didn't actively work to make trans people suffer so i wouldn't be so sure about that

youve understood what iw as saying perfectly

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

showing very little faith in the league of legends mmo

highly doubt it since there's only like 4 or 5 actual league enjoyers on the forums

naturally i will play it to death and it will be my perpetual GotY forever

rox
Sep 7, 2016

what does this have to do with stux's point at all

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

fr

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Gas the FF thread for the terrible OP which rates an MMO as the best FF game

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

please don’t toss yourself off in public tia

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is kinda fun

https://deadgame.coney.gg

Which game currently has fewer players on twitch?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Finished Signalis and it's real good. It's no more or less than a PS1-era survival horror game released in 2022. It's top-down fixed-camera scenes where you sneak around trying to avoid or kill enemies and solve puzzles that are almost all either "find 3 macguffins and put them in the right places" or "flip these 5 switches in the right sequence". The story is obtuse and heady sci-fi about lesbian robots with defective memories (this is not a complaint). The only real annoyance is that the limited inventory makes a lot of puzzles take many more trips back and forth to solve than they really should. 10/10 glad I played this on Halloween weekend

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Jay Rust posted:

This is kinda fun

https://deadgame.coney.gg

Which game currently has fewer players on twitch?

Valorant is really popular, huh?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Valorant is really popular, huh?

it's been pretty consistently top 5 for a couple years by now and is drawing huge esports numbers to boot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009