Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Ah yes, Louisgod, the dude who stalked a child for saying that he liked Joe Biden on Twitter. Initially given a slap on the wrist by BrutalistMcDonalds because posting your own tweets are bad, but stalking 'politicial operatives' (said positive things about a non-approved politician) is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Speaking of vegetables, one of my favorite facts is that decades' worth of jokes about Brussels sprouts will be incomprehensible to future generations because Dutch farmers found an old variety that didn't have that weird bad taste and now it's the standard cultivar so sprouts have tasted just fine for like 20 years now.

I legit could not figure out why people in old TV hated Brussels sprouts

:ms:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Runa posted:

same, i love brussels sprouts so i never got the hate

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Kchama posted:

Ah yes, Louisgod, the dude who stalked a child for saying that he liked Joe Biden on Twitter. Initially given a slap on the wrist by BrutalistMcDonalds because posting your own tweets are bad, but stalking 'politicial operatives' (said positive things about a non-approved politician) is good.

politics brain you hate to see it

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

rollick posted:

This was recent, but I never saw the actual judgment on it:

ahaha

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Louisgod posted:

I tried to pin him down on how his current health insurance is covered and he refuses to say, so I found his youtube channel and $1,000 he’s covered by his parent’s plan lmaooooo

https://twitter.com/louisgodd/status/1259643882641358848?s=21

e: bingo, god this is easy

https://twitter.com/petro21805/status/1259644111377829888?s=21

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

smarxist posted:

bring back bullying

The insane defense of it

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I just saw this and I responded to the report so I'll explain my reasoning for the twelver. First, I don't consider this doxxing, which involves digging up personal information like home addresses, employers, and basically outing somebody who doesn't want to be outed. Posting a link to someone's public-facing Twitter presence and YouTube profile doesn't cut it (and the YouTube link had already been deleted before I saw the report). Secondly, I make a distinction for political actors who are attempting to use their public presence to influence and move the world in a particular direction -- and there are also legal distinctions here as well compared to, say, someone who just collects plastic anime figurines or whatever. That said, the public actor here is still a kid and the whole thing needed to stop because it's weird and sad, so I probed the goon as a warning. If they continue their behavior then they're risking a ban, but I think they got the message. If they don't get the message and I miss it, then report it please.

I've modded for about two weeks, and my basic philosophy is that unless it's clearly rulebreaking or just egregious, then I'm going to err on the side of probes -- which is what they're there for -- so the behavior stops, which is the most important thing. It is better for most people to be underpunished than for a few to be overpunished when dealing with these grey areas, and whether you give a sixer or a twelver or one day is a judgement call in the moment. Not everyone is going to be happy, but like I said, the most important thing is for bad behavior to stop when it arises.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I don't think so. I would take a much harder line at someone doxxing a goon, a former goon, or suggesting such.

bloom posted:

Uhh, maybe kids should get more protection than goons?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
doxxing a child to own the libs

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

pentyne posted:

The insane defense of it

somebody give Louisgod back his fatty jerky so he stops doxxing kids tia

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

when keeping it real goes wrong

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Runa posted:

It's a legit fascinating bit of science and agronomy that should be better known.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao at the smarxist post, a man who has sent me multiple PMs crying about me bullying him over the years.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

lol, jesus. I vaguely remembered jokes about a mod getting into a fight with a literal child on twitter but for some reason I remembered it as Abe.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
no abe also did that, it was just a different child for different reasons

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Larry Parrish posted:

lmao at the smarxist post, a man who has sent me multiple PMs crying about me bullying him over the years.

lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

no abe also did that, it was just a different child for different reasons

lol what reasons?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

woah that guy is still selling jerky

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
derek smart, louisgod and abe were all owned by children on twitter

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

MarcusSA posted:

lol what reasons?

my understanding, and someone feel free to correct me, is the child in question made a joke abe found unfunny so abe tried to destroy him over it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The kid said that comedy should push the limits or w/e and said he liked george carlin or louis ck i forget which

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if you find yourself getting so angry at someone that you try googling their personal information to own them you should log off and go outside instead

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

how many goons can a 5-year-old defeat in a fight

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

using the same usernames across multiple sites has been the downfall of many a goon...

My favorite was the dweeb who registered just to share his hare-brained campaign finance reform scheme and it took all of 2/3rds of a page for someone to find his My Little Pony fan page on YouTube, and it all went downhill from there

The Brian Boyko saga

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

if you find yourself getting so angry at someone that you try googling their personal information to own them you should log off and go outside instead

And miss out on getting to post

quote:

e: bingo, god this is easy

with pure smugness??

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

the hypocrisy of the politics forums is what makes them so funny

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Kchama posted:

And miss out on getting to post

with pure smugness??

this fourth grader's opsec is poo poo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Maroon Hawk posted:

My favorite was the dweeb who registered just to share his hare-brained campaign finance reform scheme and it took all of 2/3rds of a page for someone to find his My Little Pony fan page on YouTube, and it all went downhill from there

The Brian Boyko saga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4SPGjnhSKs

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

derek smart, louisgod and abe were all owned by children on twitter

lol amazing.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Christ it's not too long since I did a double take because I thought I'd seen Student Brian Boyko in the reddit comedians thread, but I was sure it must have been just a coincidence. Apparently not!

How the hell has he aged 30 years in the last what, 8 years? America has lost faith in Brian Boyko

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
huh

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Only thing I can find about the Abe twitter child thing

Turtlicious posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647742&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=20#post432278344

Abe deleted the tweet, but basically he threatens a small child, and the small child retorts:

"At least I'm not threatening children on twitter."

cock hero flux posted:

it really only works in the greater context of abe being one of the horde of twitter people who are absolutely furious at this small child for something completely innocuous, and who attempted to doxx and destroy the child mentally by posting many angry, physically threatening, and in at least one instance bizarrely sexual tweets at the child, who remained utterly unfazed

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Abe wasn’t the one threatening the kid (though there were some Twitter creeps doing just that), he just joined in with some people making weird jokes about the kid’s wiener then didn’t take well to all the people calling him a weirdo because of it, iirc

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Huh. I'm kind of shocked after skimming that thread--I'm not a fan but I've seen worse.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
lotta mods getting owned by children around here

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
good mix up from the alternative i guess

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Tremendomeatatarian

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
there are too many goon meat sagas so my brains always a very unfortunate six degrees from the image of the rotting human leg whenever an unrelated one comes up

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anyone have the photos of the meat ship?

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Anyone have the photos of the meat ship?

the thread is archived but the pics seem to work

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
jesus christ lol

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

shelley posted:

the thread is archived but the pics seem to work

god I miss 2000's forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU