Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

fsif posted:

Sorry to pour salt in the wound and also make it all about me, but Jets fans here are having the exact conversation I tried to have two weeks ago and was told it was way too soon to give up on Wilson lol

I was right there with you, but no fan wants to talk about that when they're winning.

tarbrush posted:

2/3 of those teams have coaches that are capable of developing a QB and adjusting their scheme to fit the strengths and weaknesses of their qbs

Yeah, I think Geno being even serviceable while Russel Wilson became poo poo says a lot about how good a coach Carrol is (and also how bad Hackett is but it's not all him).

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

Sorry to pour salt in the wound and also make it all about me, but Jets fans here are having the exact conversation I tried to have two weeks ago and was told it was way too soon to give up on Wilson lol

It was premature then and it's not now after that kind of performance against a team they should have beat.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

It was premature then and it's not now after that kind of performance against a team they should have beat.

Was it premature a week ago? Is this the exact moment it's appropriate? He's played miserably his whole career.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I really don't think it was premature, he needed a Josh Allen level turnaround from last year just to become an average QB. Every argument in favor of him being secretly good was well known for being used only by coping fans desperately praying the next 3 years of football won't be miserable. He's good when there is no pressure, he's shown flashes of good play, his stats would be really good if you could just eliminate the big mistakes. Nothing about this week was any different than what he's been showing us since he's been drafted.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Zach providing ints and bulletin board material

https://twitter.com/NBCSPatriots/status/1586832751160070144

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

He forgot the bye

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

The Jets have beat four dogshit teams and one team with Skylar Thompson playing QB. Even discounting Zach Wilson, they are very, very far from proving they are a team capable of easily beating division opponents.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Jets have beat four dogshit teams and one team with Skylar Thompson playing QB. Even discounting Zach Wilson, they are very, very far from proving they are a team capable of easily beating division opponents.

The Patriots are terrible. They have worse wins than the Jets do and just got blown off the field by the awful Bears last week. Thats a team you need to beat at hone.

And they needed the refs to give them the game to beat the Jets.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 30, 2022

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Even as not good as the Broncos and Packers are they count as real wins that none of us would have penciled the Jets in for before the season started.

They also occurred at a time when normal Jets teams would have faltered and disappointed the hell out of their fan base.

I do have to laugh about the guff I was given when I was like “hey if you take away the one huge broken play he had against the Dolphins he actually had a bad game” though.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

mcmagic posted:

The Patriots are terrible. They have worse wins than the Jets do and just got blown off the field by the awful Bears last week. Thats a team you need to beat at hone.

I am genuinely confused how the refs gave the game to the Pats

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I am genuinely confused how the refs gave the game to the Pats

Wilson and the poor ST play did more than the refs did.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Worse wins lol? They've beaten two of the same teams. What was the signature Jets wins exactly? Beating a dogshit Green Bay team? Because the "terrible" Pats team also took them to the wire with a 3rd string rookie who was completely unprepared. Or maybe it was tough close win against the Browns. Oh wait the terrible Pats pretty easily handled them. Love to know all about those great Jets wins. Steelers? Nope, Pats beat them. Denver? LOL yes, great job against the lowest scoring team in the league that is currently a huge joke.

Also you know who's a team you need to beat at home if you're so good? A "terrible" Patriots team. Take off the Jets colored glasses.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the terrible Packers team did crush the Bears

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Nodoze posted:

Wilson and the poor ST play did more than the refs did.

yeah i've been bitching about Pats special teams play getting worse for a while but hoo boy that poo poo was something else from the Jets

Nov 6, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the terrible Packers team did crush the Bears

Football isn't transitive.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Football isn't transitive.

Well it doesn’t have to be as they beat the Patriots as well

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Jets should've traded for Jimmy G when Wilson got hurt like I said they should've.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
They would be a lot better with jimmy yeah glad they made a bad decision but hey if they didn't make bad decisions they wouldn't be the jets

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

The Jets should've traded for Jimmy G when Wilson got hurt like I said they should've.

How would that have helped you evaluate Zach Wilson this year

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ehud posted:

How would that have helped you evaluate Zach Wilson this year

I want to make the playoffs. I don't give a poo poo about evaluating Wilson. If he can't beat out Jimmy G for the job he doesn't deserve to play anyway. The problem was they didn't think they were a playoff team in the preseason and the 5-2 start changed that.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 30, 2022

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if Zack Moss is active and millions of Bills Mafia suddenly cried out in terror.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mims played well. I’m open to trading Moore for a premium pick or like Tunsil.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1586825903719710720

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mims played well. I’m open to trading Moore for a premium pick or like Tunsil.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1586825903719710720

I wouldn't want to trade for Tunsil now. It's a lot harder to see them making the playoffs now and I wouldn't want to hurt the team next year.

On another note it makes no sense that Berrios had like 1 target when he should've been an outlet option so much in this game.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I see trading for Tunsil as a move for the future. He’s 28. He needs to be extended this off-season. They’ll probably let Fant walk and Duane Brown will retire. They need a LT.

They have a surplus of WRs.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

I want to make the playoffs. I don't give a poo poo about evaluating Wilson. If he can't beat out Jimmy G for the job he doesn't deserve to play anyway. The problem was they didn't think they were a playoff team in the preseason and the 5-2 start changed that.

the Brian Flores approach

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

I see trading for Tunsil as a move for the future. He’s 28. He needs to be extended this off-season. They’ll probably let Fant walk and Duane Brown will retire. They need a LT.

Is a Moore-Tunsil trade all that realistic without additional compensation from the Jets? The extension vs rookie deal definitely evens things out a bit but even assuming they're interested Moore seems like a distressed asset right now.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
How the gently caress is Tunsil still only 28

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Oh I would do Moore for him but I don't think the Texans would do that. Maybe they will though....... they are pretty dumb.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jets could throw in Becton too.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

stuker posted:

Is a Moore-Tunsil trade all that realistic without additional compensation from the Jets? The extension vs rookie deal definitely evens things out a bit but even assuming they're interested Moore seems like a distressed asset right now.

Straight up no but I’d do Moore plus some additional compensation.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Straight up no but I’d do Moore plus some additional compensation.

They should put in White and see if Moore does better with a different QB.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

They should put in White and see if Moore does better with a different QB.

I honestly think they’re close to yanking him. That’s why Flacco is #3. If they have to pull him there’s zero point in playing Flacco from an evaluation standpoint.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I think the Texans could get more than Elijah Moore for a good tackle

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The goosebumps theme as bumper music

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

TheBizzness posted:

I think the Texans could get more than Elijah Moore for a good tackle

They could. There’s no basis in reality for my Moore + additional picks for Tunsil proposal. I’m just a dude on the Internet.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I honestly think they’re close to yanking him. That’s why Flacco is #3. If they have to pull him there’s zero point in playing Flacco from an evaluation standpoint.

It really made no sense to do it today. Going into today they were probably over 50% to make the playoffs and they aren't now. If they are in win mode and not evaluate mode you'd think they would go to Flacco before White.

Nov 6, 2002

Still wondering why would the Texans trade a 28 year old LT?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Still wondering why would the Texans trade a 28 year old LT?
Not sure. Maybe they don’t want to extend a guy at the top of the OL market during an early stage rebuild. The Tunsil thing isn’t out of thin air. Schefter name dropped him and Conklin as possible Jets targets this past week.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Josh Allen please stunt on Rodgers so hard his immune system collapses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It would be cool if Green Bay could put up a fight. But as IPS said, they’re a bad team.