Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

poly and open-minded posted:

Not sure this is the thread for it, but anyone else playing Marvel Snap? I've been having a lot of fun with it.

I've been playing since the beta and yeah it's been pretty good so far. Don't know if I'll be playing it in a year still, but it's a great phone game since you can jump right into an match and you're done in 5-10 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

poly and open-minded posted:

Not sure this is the thread for it, but anyone else playing Marvel Snap? I've been having a lot of fun with it.

There's a thread in Games
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4002418

all i know personally is that i might try it solely because of the Uncle Ben card

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1585177463797137408

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

There's a thread in Games
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4002418

all i know personally is that i might try it solely because of the Uncle Ben card

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1585177463797137408

I think Uncle Ben and Bucky are from an upcoming update. And are clearly for the aristocrats deck.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bucky's an OG card (turns into Winter Soldier when destroyed)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Snap is purely competitive, right?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah but it's pretty forgiving the matchmaking is good

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How does Gotham Knights run on PC? I can get it for about half price and that seems fair.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Aphrodite posted:

How does Gotham Knights run on PC? I can get it for about half price and that seems fair.

Depends on the PC, but it runs just fine for me. Unless you have a potatoputer you should be good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cool. My PC is solid. Better than my PS5 in any case, so if there's no specific PC issues it should be fine.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Beat asylum and moved to city, the qol upgrades in combat already brings things to modern arkham style combat. Even just starting up without many skills or gadgets unlocked combo dropping is way more lenient. Enemy lock on is so much better, countering won't drop the combo of the attacking enemy is too far away. It's cool how quickly they refined the formula they invented with the first game.

Did the shadows of mordor game come out before this? I know there was the captain America movie tie that used Archambault combat that was fine, but I dont remember advancing the game play formula.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Soonmot posted:

Beat asylum and moved to city, the qol upgrades in combat already brings things to modern arkham style combat. Even just starting up without many skills or gadgets unlocked combo dropping is way more lenient. Enemy lock on is so much better, countering won't drop the combo of the attacking enemy is too far away. It's cool how quickly they refined the formula they invented with the first game.

Did the shadows of mordor game come out before this? I know there was the captain America movie tie that used Archambault combat that was fine, but I dont remember advancing the game play formula.

Shadow of Mordor was later.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That Cap game was really underrated, to be honest, if they'd done a sequel that built on it the way City built on Asylum, they could have had a heck of a competing franchise, but the previous several MCU tie-in games being shite basically poisoned the well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC the big difference between the Cap game and the other MCU tie ins is that Cap had basically double the development time with two years versus the others less than one.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC the big difference between the Cap game and the other MCU tie ins is that Cap had basically double the development time with two years versus the others less than one.

You can definitely tell too. The only game that approaches it is the Wolverine game.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
One of these is the Iron Man game announced last month, the second is rumored to be an open-world Black Panther game (notably not the same as the WW2-set Captain America/Black Panther game that was announced last month), and the third is...???

https://twitter.com/Lucas_Shaw/status/1587103075319234560

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 31, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hulk Ultimate Destruction 2 baybee

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
is ea still loot box incarnate

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

site posted:

is ea still loot box incarnate

EA has been reinvesting in single-player games in recent years, and according to the press release, all three of the games are action-adventure, so probably not in this case? though only the Iron Man game is specified as being single-player, so never say never

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Waffleman_ posted:

Hulk Ultimate Destruction 2 baybee

This guy right here knows what's up

Shame that it's EA who got the license though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't gotta have the name to make it. Hulk Ultimate Destruction 2 in spirit.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Barry Convex posted:

One of these is the Iron Man game announced last month, the second is rumored to be an open-world Black Panther game (notably not the same as the WW2-set Captain America/Black Panther game that was announced last month), and the third is...???

https://twitter.com/Lucas_Shaw/status/1587103075319234560

Oh good. 3 games that can safely ignored.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I can safely ignore you!!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waffleman_ posted:

I think they're just skeptical of the potential quality of the games.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
EA Motive made Star Wars Squadrons and that game's pretty good.

It'll be interesting to see who works on the other games.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Waffleman_ posted:

That's what Sega tried to do with their movie tie-in Hulk game

Not everyone can pull an Insomniac with the "take what made the old games good and polish it up" routine

Last EA game I played and enjoyed (at a discount) was Jedi Fallen Order. Shame that Respawn is probably busy between Apex/Archie Jedi 2/whatever else they're doing

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

That's what Sega tried to do with their movie tie-in Hulk game

Not everyone can pull an Insomniac with the "take what made the old games good and polish it up" routine

Last EA game I played and enjoyed (at a discount) was Jedi Fallen Order. Shame that Respawn is probably busy between Apex/Archie Jedi 2/whatever else they're doing

He's Joker Jedi, not Archie

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blockhouse posted:

EA Motive made Star Wars Squadrons and that game's pretty good.

It's very much like a modern X-Wing/TIE Fighter, but part of that modernization means it's mostly multiplayer, the 10-mission campaign is basically a glorified tutorial.

And since a modern multiplayer game, especially by EA, lives and dies (and gets support and patched) based upon player count...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 3, 2022

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Is there like a level select or New Game Plus unlock in Gotham Knights? Harley had a lot of specific dialogue addressing Batgirl because I was playing her, and I think it'd be cool to see little different interactions like that with the whole cast, but idk if I want to start from scratch 4 times just for that.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

No mission re-do sadly. I really wish more games would do it, especially this one for the reason you said.

But there is a NG+. Playing it is the only way to get all abilities because it raises the level cap to 40.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Lobok posted:

No mission re-do sadly. I really wish more games would do it, especially this one for the reason you said.

But there is a NG+. Playing it is the only way to get all abilities because it raises the level cap to 40.

That's at least something. I mostly don't want to have to unlock the traversal skills all over again.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Traversal wasn't too bad because you're just going to be doing premeditated crimes anyway but Robin's and Batgirl's drone kill requirements are terrible.

Think I'm just going to drop the difficulty down to the lowest it'll go because otherwise you have to gamble on getting enemies down to the least health possible without killing them so that hopefully the drones can finish them off and take credit for the kill. And even then it doesn't reliably count towards the total for some reason. Which still might not be all that bad but Robin's drone cooldown is ten(!) minutes by default.

Sad that it's easier to warp to the Belfry and back to recharge the Ultimate rather than have a shorter cooldown or be able to whittle it down with gameplay. At least with Nightwing you can actively reduce the time until your next Nest.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 3, 2022

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I'm gonna do NG+ on Very Easy and no one can stop me

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm going to do NG+ but I'm not bumping up the difficulty. If it were something like Tsushima's Lethal difficulties then maybe but from what I hear Hard is mostly about giving the enemies even more health. Things Take Longer to Kill is not high on my list of ways to improve the experience.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Robins wasn’t too bad but the drone kill has been stupid hard for me.

Also was this game like really short for anyone else? I was expecting more billions to show up after completing the three cases but nope just main story and thanks for playing

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

the_american_dream posted:

Also was this game like really short for anyone else? I was expecting more billions to show up after completing the three cases but nope just main story and thanks for playing

I haven't finished it yet, but after finishing two of the villain cases, I started to think that would be the case. I was actually surprised that Penguin turns out to be a throw-away challenge giver instead of being the head of the mob faction. I think I'm okay with that, though. A shorter open-world game will be a nice change of pace after years of bloated 100+ hour games I never finish.

Plus, I'm sure in a few months there will be a Calendar Man dlc or something.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Yeah, I was more than a little surprised at how short the game is. They pad a lot of it with the 3 side missions. But at the same time, by the time it ended, I was ready for it to be over. I'd certainly be willing to play some DLC for it at a later point but I'm happy with the experience I got. Coop was a blast, single player was alright, there was enough variation in gameplay for me to way to try all 4 characters even if I did do the main story with Babs.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’ve spent so much time jumping into other peoples games to fight crimes, I didn’t really notice that the game is fairly short.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

the_american_dream posted:

Robins wasn’t too bad but the drone kill has been stupid hard for me.

It could have been a little longer, but I like it when games don't overstay their welcome, so on the whole I'm pretty happy with its length.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cool, game crashed midway during the 2nd boss fight at the end. Have to re-do them again :thumbsup:

Edit: but the patch has improved the frame rate, especially out in the city, so I have that going for me.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Nov 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

new game plus makes you unlock fast travel all over again UGH