Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Waifu Radia posted:

what the hell incited that? jeez louise

No idea and I doubt we'll ever get a clear picture of what led up to it. Apparently, Green always just heads up into the locker room post-game and McBurrows is injured and recovering from an ACL tear late last year. I think it was mentioned somewhere that they needed to use the restroom. I'd imagine some jawing took place, but still no excuse for any of that behavior.

My read (clearly through Michigan-colored lenses) is that its part of the fake tough-guy bullshit MSU has been touting since Dantonio took over. I think Mel Tucker is a bit in over his head at MSU, that team is not handling adversity well at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Judgy Fucker posted:

Just returned to civilization and what the gently caress happened to the 'Pokes??

To paraphrase my favorite line from the Fullcast After Dark - Gundy didn't have time to get Okie St prepared because he was busy breaking into the Pelosi's house.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Reminder that we have games tomorrow so I'll take the best title I get between now and noon then for the GDT

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1587110413304565768?s=20&t=RSdF6-GaAluH_-3kvvFf1g

Let's just look at who auburn plays this weekend and lmfao

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Go VOLS GO.

Kentucky has that bad mojo against the Vols, but the way the defense stifled them was really cool to see. This is the time of the season where the part of your team you were propping up if you have title hopes starts getting it together to pull its weight and it feels like they are getting there. Between the Hedges is gonna be a fun one this next weekend (that I will once again not see due to officiating but thats how it goes!).

Hokies Hokies Hokies, impressive to find a way to blow that one against the freshman 3rd stringer. Seems like the programs MO for the past half decade at least. That 3rd quarter was nice tho, lets do more of that. The talent level is so depleted in Blacksburg, it's hard for me to be too mad at the coaches. That said, wtf was 10 false starts. Carter Finely is a good CFB stadium, but that's just absurd when the starting QB played the entire game.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Poaching an AD in the middle of the year seems unusual

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Hokies Hokies Hokies, impressive to find a way to blow that one against the freshman 3rd stringer. Seems like the programs MO for the past half decade at least. That 3rd quarter was nice tho, lets do more of that. The talent level is so depleted in Blacksburg, it's hard for me to be too mad at the coaches. That said, wtf was 10 false starts. Carter Finely is a good CFB stadium, but that's just absurd when the starting QB played the entire game.

It's like we figured out how to play football for exactly 15 real-time minutes there in the early 3rd, then Dogshit City again.

Just start hucking it deep to Smith on every play, it's the only thing that has worked all year.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Auburn finally did it

https://twitter.com/JFergusonAU/status/1587125757557370880?s=20&t=TjdaGfP0zvVUnFscO2vbXg

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Still lasted longer than Urban in the NFL lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Still lasted longer than Urban in the NFL lol

Pretty much everyone does.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Pretty much everyone does.

Didn't Auburn want to fire him from almost the instant they hired him though?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Didn't Auburn want to fire him from almost the instant they hired him though?

Yea, but he didn’t give them an insanely long list of personal as well as professional reasons to do it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Aww, I liked him.

Edit: wait gently caress, interims are killing it this year. Fuckfuckfuck

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Should’ve held onto Gus, they’re not gonna get anybody stronger

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Tommy’s coming home from Washington imo.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

Reminder that we have games tomorrow so I'll take the best title I get between now and noon then for the GDT

NCAA GDT Week 10: MACtion returns (and some 1 vs 2 matchup? idk)

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Bama falling in the rankings for the first time in ages and then losing to an interim-led Auburn in the iron bowl. I'm willing this into existence

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Spaced God posted:

Bama falling in the rankings for the first time in ages and then losing to an interim-led Auburn in the iron bowl. I'm willing this into existence

I'm down

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Was saying as much to my buddy over the weekend. Auburn thrives on stupid bullshit and it don’t get much dumber than this.

“But they don’t have any good players right now!”
“Don’t matter, team’s haunted.”

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Spaced God posted:

From your lips to gods ears

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The Michigan State players rightfully deserve to be suspended but it's really fresh seeing Harbaugh play innocent here. There's video of the Michigan players on the field enjoying the post game victory and you see the guys run up as Michigan State is filing into the tunnel and they run into the tunnel with them. I apologize for being skeptical but I doubt they ran up their (the wolverine players) To wish them best and humbly say "good game."

Also as others pointed out, this is a Michigan Wolverines operations failure again. The past couple years there have been multiple scuffles including some pushing and shoving by teams because of the fact that the stadium is 100 loving years old and both teams have to enter and exit their locker rooms through a narrow tunnel that goes by each other.

So again, not excusing what went down but I think its stupid law enforcement is getting involved and stupid how Harbaugh plays the innocent victim here too.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
That incompetent assistant's master plan for a palace coup has worked perfectly and he can now take over the mantle of Auburn head coach. I can't remember his name something Steele?

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

Florida dismissed Brenton Cox Jr. from the team today. He was a pretty critical talent component of a sometimes average run defense but from all I've heard from his time at UGA and UF was that he was overly antagonistic and dramatic so addition by subtraction hopefully.

College station goons, my friends and I are heading to Kyle field for what promises to be a truly hideous game Saturday, any can't miss restaurants, bars, or cowboy hatteries?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Warbird posted:

“But they don’t have any good players right now!”
“Don’t matter, team’s haunted.”

“You mean the team’s haunted?”
“Always has been”

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RIP Brenton Cox. My favorite memory will always be him making Stetson look like Lamar Jackson.

https://twitter.com/AllKindsWeather/status/1455645183979184135?s=20

Million-dollar talent, ten-cent head. I wonder if he'll now weakly troll Florida fans on Twitter like he does Georgia fans.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

That incompetent assistant's master plan for a palace coup has worked perfectly and he can now take over the mantle of Auburn head coach. I can't remember his name something Steele?

I remember that drama and whew I was afraid Kevin Steele was going to be the interim head coach for a second but apparently Auburn bought him out and he's at Miami now.

quote:

Steele succeeded Dave Roberts as the head coach at Baylor University from 1999 to 2002. His record was 9–36 (1–31 in the Big 12 conference).

In Steele's first season (1999), Baylor finished with a 1–10 record (the school's worst since 1969). During the 1999 season, Steele's Baylor team was involved in what ESPN.com called one of the top 10 worst coaching decisions. The decision came when he chose a running play rather than a kneel down with Baylor leading and possessing the ball in the game's final 12 seconds and their opponent, the UNLV Rebels, was out of time outs. The ensuing Baylor fumble and UNLV return for a touchdown gave the Rebels a shocking win.

I didn't remember how funny it was that UNLV of all teams did this.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Kevin Steele, yeah

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

soggybagel posted:

So again, not excusing what went down but I think its stupid law enforcement is getting involved and stupid how Harbaugh plays the innocent victim here too.

If someone is gettin beat with a helmet, that's assault, brotha

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So is that lady Harsin was trying to sleep with the coach now? Lady coach could be cool.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

soggybagel posted:

The Michigan State players rightfully deserve to be suspended but it's really fresh seeing Harbaugh play innocent here. There's video of the Michigan players on the field enjoying the post game victory and you see the guys run up as Michigan State is filing into the tunnel and they run into the tunnel with them. I apologize for being skeptical but I doubt they ran up their (the wolverine players) To wish them best and humbly say "good game."

Also as others pointed out, this is a Michigan Wolverines operations failure again. The past couple years there have been multiple scuffles including some pushing and shoving by teams because of the fact that the stadium is 100 loving years old and both teams have to enter and exit their locker rooms through a narrow tunnel that goes by each other.

“Not excusing what went down I just don’t think it was a big deal and also he kind of deserved it.”

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Sir Plus posted:

Florida dismissed Brenton Cox Jr. from the team today. He was a pretty critical talent component of a sometimes average run defense but from all I've heard from his time at UGA and UF was that he was overly antagonistic and dramatic so addition by subtraction hopefully.

College station goons, my friends and I are heading to Kyle field for what promises to be a truly hideous game Saturday, any can't miss restaurants, bars, or cowboy hatteries?

Oh hell yes! I'll give you some local haunts because everyone else is gonna recommend Northgate and Fuegos and Lanes and all that touristy poo poo. That's all good and fun but you deserve better.

Martin's place is the best for BBQ but they run super BBQ place hours (like 10-3 3 days a week or some poo poo). C&J's is a local chain that might be second best in a pinch.

If you want an actually fun not college bar experience, the 101 in downtown Bryan was my old haunt (at least it's predecessor was) when I was in undergrad. Super DIY space with lots of good bands playing basically every night plus TVs for games. If punk poo poo isn't your scene, there's a speakeasy under the old hotel down there called Three Knocks that's fun too. Or you can just roll into basically any place in downtown Bryan because it's where the cool kids who don't wanna roll with frat boys hang out.

Oh also RX pizza is pretty kicking rad.

Also², as much as we're a weirdo cult we're actually pretty nice in person. Y'all are gonna have a great time :yeah:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Watched the Tech game on and off during a halloween party. That was rough to see, especially watching our QB's try to complete passes.

Combined, the QBs completed 12 passes on 38 throws, threw 5 interceptions, and had all of 160 yards. And somehow we still had a shot at this game midway through the 3rd quarter?

Haven't seen a QB meltdown that bad since Harrell played Missouri and Colorado in his freshman year.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I feel like Tucker's statements have been pretty weak on the whole feral MSU players topic. I'd expect an actual, specific, directed, apology to the two victims.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
Auburn hiring Lanning away from Oregon would be the funniest of all results of this.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

soggybagel posted:

what the

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

soggybagel posted:

lol

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
:lol: Auburn. We won't have a coaching carousel quite like last season, but it's already pretty strong. Auburn, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Colorado, Georgia Tech, Arizona State. Some good jobs to be had.

LeeMajors posted:

Miami the week before?

Or am I getting :thejoke:ed?

I honestly just missed that. I've not been paying much attention to Miami since they seem to be so mediocre. And it was against Duke??? I thought they moved mountains to get this guy from Oregon.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I don't think law enforcement needs to get involved. That's all I was saying. If it sounds like I'm carrying water for the attack I should say I'm wrong on that and didn't mean it to come to that.

The reason I am annoyed is because this has been happening a few times recently with Michigan in the tunnel. So if it sounded like I was saying "They had it coming" then that's my bad. Sorry.

This was last year with Michigan Ohio State at halftime:

https://twitter.com/LateKickJosh/status/1464667836245327892?s=20&t=9ctlfA6snp_AEs9s4-BtJA

https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/1464671105617211399

Obviously the jump to extreme violence is bad.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 31, 2022

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Tad SG posted:

Auburn hiring Lanning away from Oregon would be the funniest of all results of this.

god why would you leave Oregon for Auburn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Relentlessboredomm posted:

god why would you leave Oregon for Auburn

It just means more down there