Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oo that looks good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
The Morbikon album FUCKS

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

sanitation reasons

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug

punished milkman posted:

the crypt sermon guys have another band called Daeva that recently released an album that i missed

https://youtu.be/wI6_mGPOeRU

it absolutely rules. the riffing occasionally reminds me of Apsu’s Abzu

Absolutely killer guitar tones on this one. What a ripper.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

H13 posted:

Do Sabaton and Amon Amarth regularly tour together?

If not, why the gently caress not.

They did in like 2015 or 2016.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I had a bit of a backlog and just got to the new cloud rat

holy poo poo

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

skelethal / outre-tombe split out

https://carbonizedrecords.bandcamp.com/album/skelethal-outre-tombe

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

new vulvodynia track dropped the other day. one of my favorite slam bands so im always stoked when they put out new stuff. their last album wasn't my favorite but this new song is good.

at around 2:07 they get this interesting guitar noise. sounds like they're slapping the strings like a bass? not sure, but would be curious to know if any guitarists here know what's going on during that part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2NQ0kOmp64

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOAl0enE7kI

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

i really like the new Lorna Shore album

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Klaaz posted:

Yeah, it owns.

I've never had much time for anything -core before quite recently (and still don't know what the hell "nu-metal" is supposed to be), but I'm digging this poo poo along with a number of other relatively recent bands. I'm 50 goddamn years old and have been a metalhead since the late 1980s, am I not supposed to be set in my ways and only like old stuff? What's wrong with me?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
New Excrescence just dropped and it's positively feral.

https://newstandardelite.bandcamp.com/album/excrescence-inescapable-anatomical-deterioration

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Oct 31, 2022

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Groke posted:

Yeah, it owns.

I've never had much time for anything -core before quite recently (and still don't know what the hell "nu-metal" is supposed to be), but I'm digging this poo poo along with a number of other relatively recent bands. I'm 50 goddamn years old and have been a metalhead since the late 1980s, am I not supposed to be set in my ways and only like old stuff? What's wrong with me?

The ability to continue to grow and accept new things is a sign of Good Brains, at least musically. Congrats. Never stop expanding

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Klaaz posted:

Yeah I've been listening to it daily since it released, really good.

Groke posted:

Yeah, it owns.

I'm not 50 but I'm at that age where most of my friends are set in their ways when it comes to music and everything new automatically sucks/isn't true metal etc. and some of them were like "Lorna Shore isn't metal" (one of the reasons being that they wear pre-ripped jeans) when I shared some songs to them. It's weird but I try to understand them because I'm kind of like that with new (big budget) movies. But I just love discovering new music, whatever the genre, and this thread is one of the best things for it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I just felt that Lorna Shore is too cleanly produced and feels more designed by committee to be just violent enough to appeal to people who like ghost but wish they knew about something more hardcore

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Spanish Manlove posted:

I just felt that Lorna Shore is too cleanly produced and feels more designed by committee to be just violent enough to appeal to people who like ghost but wish they knew about something more hardcore

I also get this point, especially the symphonic elements sometimes (quite often) drown out the guitars and heaviness but to me that's kind of the appeal. The mix of this super melodic symphonic and "clean" sound vs whatever the vocalist and drummer are blasting. But yeah I can see how the production and melodic style can be appealing to people outside of the genre or metal in general, but I don't see any problem with it. If people can handle the growling etc. it shouldn't be too hard to get into harsher and deeper stuff eventually and that's always good for the genre.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

not trolled not crying posted:

I also get this point, especially the symphonic elements sometimes (quite often) drown out the guitars and heaviness but to me that's kind of the appeal. The mix of this super melodic symphonic and "clean" sound vs whatever the vocalist and drummer are blasting. But yeah I can see how the production and melodic style can be appealing to people outside of the genre or metal in general, but I don't see any problem with it. If people can handle the growling etc. it shouldn't be too hard to get into harsher and deeper stuff eventually and that's always good for the genre.

Zoomer dimmu borgir

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde

Spanish Manlove posted:

This is unnecessarily cruel to ghost, at least their first album is metal

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

so similar to their latest album, outre-tombe decided to go with the “recorded on a walkman” production values, which…

i understand the aesthetic they, and other bands, go for with that, but i’d really like to hear the loving riffs. it’s a really good track that is kinda ruined by dogshit production.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Happy Halloween metal thread! What's everyone listening to today? I've been listening to Dying Fetus pretty much all weekend and it's been awesome for decorating my yard today

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Cannibal Corpse - Kill, like usual for a monday

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
Type O Negative, just like every Halloween

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Black Sabbath's debut album.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

moxieman posted:

Type O Negative, just like every Halloween

best option.

second best is powerwolf

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Elephant Ambush posted:

Happy Halloween metal thread! What's everyone listening to today? I've been listening to Dying Fetus pretty much all weekend and it's been awesome for decorating my yard today

BOLT THROWER

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I got some werewolf music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8t7NrMu0Wg
and some vampire music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iszXL1gKzMM

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

Misfits

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

Acid Witch. Their Spirit Halloween Death Metal hits the spot this time of year.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Listened to a bunch of horror movie soundtracks at work before switching to Acid Witch toward the end of the day.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

why not listen to horror movies AND metal by jamming some mortician

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

im gonna play a SOTN rando and listen to mercyful fate

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

i put on king diamond's the eye on spotify and got fun balloons because it was released 32 years ago on halloween

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
https://youtu.be/yOAl0enE7kI
The clear winner!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL7oYIvgRfQ

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

If you all were posting about these guys i missed it, cause i just found out about them and they loving whip rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvKKbDaUFos

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Agonal Breathing released a new record of extra wet sounding slam
https://brutalmind.bandcamp.com/album/bloodthirsty-mutilation
Completely owns

Also, PeelingFlesh put out a comp of all their songs released so far. Cover art is not work safe.
https://viletapesrecords.bandcamp.com/album/slampilation-mixtape
PeelingFlesh are god tier slam. Extra smoothbrained and essential listening

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Did anyone in here actually check out the Anal Stabwound album or just roll your eyes at the name? This kid could join Defeated Sanity tomorrow and they would probably improve!

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
What was the name of the First Nation black metal that released a couple of months back? My upcoming Bandcamp Friday spending spree already has a number of FN bands (Nechochwen, Biipiigwa) and I'd like to throw them money as well

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gorilla Radio posted:

What was the name of the First Nation black metal that released a couple of months back? My upcoming Bandcamp Friday spending spree already has a number of FN bands (Nechochwen, Biipiigwa) and I'd like to throw them money as well

Blackbraid is the really hyped one you're probably thinking of, but there's a whole wave of indigenous acts in the past couple of years and only some of them are also Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Blackbraid is the really hyped one you're probably thinking of, but there's a whole wave of indigenous acts in the past couple of years and only some of them are also Nazis.

Yeah that was it. Thanks!

Don't want to open the can 'o worms, but how can FN bands be Nazis? It'd be like one of the Botswana bands recording NSBM.