Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

always do your research before donating to a political candiate to make sure you are donating to someone who actually has a chance to win and not some loser who has no chance thats politics 101

The thread itself was pretty funny too. But, it is hundreds of pages long, I can only remember a few of the highlights, and I don't have time to look through it.

I remember Nichael bragged about how they decided to start the campaign based on cold-calling her via DMs on Facebook as if it were a good sign.

Nichael posted:

how the jess campaign started on september 4th, 2019

this literally started from some dms on facebook

The thread was also named "Jessica Scarane: The last bastion of the American Left in 2020" for a while.

And Nichael convinced her to hold a "CSPAM after Dark" fundraiser on Twitch to livestream with CSPAMers who donated over a $100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The thread itself was pretty funny too. But, it is hundreds of pages long.

I remember Nichael bragged about how they decided to start the campaign based on cold-calling her via DMs on Facebook as if it were a good sign.

The thread was also named "Jessica Scarane: The last bastion of the American Left in 2020" for a while.

And Nichael convinced her to hold a "CSPAM after Dark" fundraiser on Twitch to livestream with CSPAMers who donated over a $100.

lmao

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Tetramin posted:

Was one of those people who the person meant when they included “We elected a loving Senator” in some long stupid rear end post

I think that was wampalord

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

They censored Chris Coons name lol

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I mean, it's the one example of cspam doing actual activism but still lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

pentyne posted:

Senator Chris N-word

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pentyne posted:

lol

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Nichael also published art and a narrative comic about himself toppling the Delaware political establishment (Chris Coons specifically).

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Also they misspelled Michael. What a moron

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Nichael also published art and a narrative comic about himself toppling the Delaware political establishment (Chris Coons specifically).

This looks like an example from the DSM to help identify mental illness.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

rodbeard posted:

How many days are in a week again?

We added an extra one solely to probe Bust Rodd for.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I thought this was Total Recall fanfiction at first

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Nichael also published art and a narrative comic about himself toppling the Delaware political establishment (Chris C**** specifically).

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Nichael posted in that turmp thread how he was sad at the negative reactions of 2 of the campaigns super volunteers when he told them Joe Biden was a disgusting rapist and he wasn't going to vote for him.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
a lot of people and especially those who post in cspam dont understand the reality of politics which is that sometimes you have to vote for a piece of poo poo to beat an even bigger piece of poo poo and that even politicans like bernie and AOC have to make compromises to get things done so they would sit around and back no hope candiates and rant about fake leftists online all day it sucks but thats just how it is

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i do that also but it's because i don't want anything to get done, because I'm mentally ill and an extremist

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

a lot of people and especially those who post in cspam dont understand the reality of politics which is that sometimes you have to vote for a piece of poo poo to beat an even bigger piece of poo poo and that even politicans like bernie and AOC have to make compromises to get things done so they would sit around and back no hope candiates and rant about fake leftists online all day

Npr had something the other day about tipping and why it's still done, and the person described it as "An Adult Problem" where there is no right or good answer, just a bad choice and an even worse choice.

Pretty sure that politics brain goons don't understand this level of complexity

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

a lot of people and especially those who post in cspam dont understand the reality of politics which is that sometimes you have to vote for a piece of poo poo to beat an even bigger piece of poo poo and that even politicans like bernie and AOC have to make compromises to get things done so they would sit around and back no hope candiates and rant about fake leftists online all day it sucks but thats just how it is

It’s fine to have principles but like, know your audience lol

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

There were also so many goons being creepy and horny over Jess Scarene that the official Something Awful Act Blue Link was "The Horny Toll"

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/hornytoll

And they had to post a warning about it periodically in the thread:

And tell goons not to be horny to her in their donors-only Twitch chats.

quote:

VITAL YOUNG FEMALE SENATOR

quote:

sex is a good thing :yaycat:

quote:

:nice: for the :nice: page

.....how many times have i done this?

:eyepop: :nice: :popeye: :nice: :eyepop: :nice: :popeye: :nice: :eyepop: :nice: :popeye: :nice: :eyepop:

quote:

lol they actually replied back to me a few days later and said they actually looked up scarane and said they would vote for her so the strat works! :yaycat:

quote:

Jess is a cutie!

quote:

Nice.

quote:

v nice

quote:

does Jess give flying elbows from the top rope?(horny)

quote:

this dossier talk is getting dangerously close to being horny

quote:

How do I get my mail ballot so I can get horny before I forget?

quote:

The horny toll successfully converted a person who was texting random dick fantasy stuff at me to someone who said they are committed to voting for Jess.

quote:

This horny is mandatory

quote:

jess's CM just now "It's not like a loving horny toll EZ Pass, every time you do a bad horny, you have to pay the toll."

quote:

im glad jess told me about her left arm tattoo WITHOUT having to pay the horny tax. shoutout to scarane as a friend to the people

quote:

so out of curiosity i went looking for the campaigns youtube channel... and all i found was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddqqZBk-624

which, without getting too horny, was a let down the guys keep their shirts on

you might wanna setup a basic channel and stuff it with a few better interviews just to not-cede the top search results

quote:

Is having a thing for Jess prohibited? I understand horny is prohibited. Just looking to compliment her soups.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

There were also so many goons being creepy and horny over Jess Scarene that the official Something Awful Act Blue Link was "The Horny Toll"

:kstare:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Famethrowa posted:

I mean, it's the one example of cspam doing actual activism but still lmao

Yeah pretty much this.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

cool, cool. destroy them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jesus Christ

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lmao

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

:whitewater:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

It's geniunely revolting that this nice lady had to smile and put up with sexual harassment in exchange for campaign funds.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Permaban them all

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

How do these people function in real life when they see actual women?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I won't vote for Joe Biden because he's a rapist but whenever I see a pretty woman I will totally bulge my eyes out, drop my jaw to the floor, and make a bunch of awooga noises as I donate $69.69 to her repeatedly

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

This thing is a tell -> :yaycat:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Famethrowa posted:

It's geniunely revolting that this nice lady had to smile and put up with sexual harassment in exchange for campaign funds.

She wasn't smiling, but at least she had a good drunk going.

People also kept posting links to their donations to her campaign and calling themselves her "Paypigs."

They also reacted with Pig emojis in the chat.

And tweeted out their Paypig donations to the campaign account:

And sent PMs asking about how to donate money directly because they were a Paypig for Jess.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I had the good sense to never click on that thread but everything that's posted from it is pretty much exactly what I expected.

Famethrowa posted:

It's revolting no matter what the lady is like.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

there was a Nichael post in spring 2020 that was to the effect of "yeah Bernie is great, but you should instead send your money to Jessica!"

down ballot candidates and local politics are undeniably incredibly important. but that's all the more reason not to divert limited time and money to a no-hoper

I get the sense by the CPAM posts that make it here that some people genuinely believe in "meme magic", and that Trump was literally manifested to office due to 4chan shitposts, so therefore it's possible to do the same to other, leftist candidates. idk.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

She wasn't smiling, but at least she had a good drunk going.

People also kept posting links to their donations to her campaign and calling themselves her "Paypigs."

They also reacted with Pig emojis in the chat.

And tweeted out their Paypig donations to the campaign account:

And sent PMs asking about how to donate money directly because they were a Paypig for Jess.

You know what? Paypig was a very appropriate name for them.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i think cspam just likes to waste money

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

WarpDogs posted:

there was a Nichael post in spring 2020 that was to the effect of "yeah Bernie is great, but you should instead send your money to Jessica!"

down ballot candidates and local politics are undeniably incredibly important. but that's all the more reason not to divert limited time and money to a no-hoper

I get the sense by the CPAM posts that make it here that some people genuinely believe in "meme magic", and that Trump was literally manifested to office due to 4chan shitposts, so therefore it's possible to do the same to other, leftist candidates. idk.

There are a lot of posts in that thread of people shocked when she only got 25% of the vote because "nearly every Twitter interaction I have ever seen is pro-Jess" and "I have never seen a single pro-C**ns meme."

Some people were also wondering if it was possible the election was rigged.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Wonder what their thoughts were on the ADQ thread(s) getting destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

WarpDogs posted:

It's this and a tendency to have very very little ability to critically think about where they got their information from (twitter shitposts and goon telephone in fast-moving threads mostly).

You could actually watch goon consensus on issues form in real time, usually based on some tweet about a headline.