Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Or a lego frog sculpture made entirely out of smaller lego frogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

UCS Frog

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm down.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
If they start raising the price of loving friends sets I'm sending a strongly worded letter.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dear LEGO,

Now I have no friends.

Thanks,

LAP

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Friends reboot has been announced.

New main cast (not all girls, also more diverse in general), new logo and box style. Sets seem slightly less pink but that's a broad trend and any of the individual sets would not be out of place in the current lineup.

This is great. My kid has been complaining that the lego city cast doesn't have 'skin tones' (he took off a bunch of heads/hands of superheros to put on his city police/firefighter teams) so it may be the perfect time to switch things around. Any recommendations for christmas shopping of the old cast when grandparents want to buy him stuff for christmas? $40 or less preferably, if that exists

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Went to the local independent toy store today to buy my nephew some birthday Legos and got some serious sticker shock. I’m used to adult sets being $$$ but you get into pricey sets really quick in the City line. Like 60349 is a cool “little” space station set and it is $80 for 500 pieces.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lunar-space-station-60349

And the Stuntz line looks like neat little playsets but the Challenge sets are $35 for 120 pieces.

Grumble grumble.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

mastershakeman posted:

This is great. My kid has been complaining that the lego city cast doesn't have 'skin tones' (he took off a bunch of heads/hands of superheros to put on his city police/firefighter teams) so it may be the perfect time to switch things around. Any recommendations for christmas shopping of the old cast when grandparents want to buy him stuff for christmas? $40 or less preferably, if that exists

Stephanie's Sailing Adventure has 3 minidolls and a decent boat for 40 USD MSRP.

If you push it to 50 USD you could get Mia's Wildlife Rescue (has giraffes), or the Street Food Market (truck and stalls, fits easily in a city), or the Water Park (a few slides}.

I don't know what discounts are like where you are but here in Australia it's really common to see stuff being sold 10-30% under Lego MSRP (eg the Street Food Market is 40 AUD at a big department store chain).

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Wellp, we’re moving on Saturday and there’s no real way to move the Titanic without breaking it apart so I guess I’ll have some fixer upper time in the foreseeable future.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BigglesSWE posted:

Wellp, we’re moving on Saturday and there’s no real way to move the Titanic without breaking it apart so I guess I’ll have some fixer upper time in the foreseeable future.

Display it broken, like the real one

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

smackfu posted:

And the Stuntz line looks like neat little playsets but the Challenge sets are $35 for 120 pieces.

Grumble grumble.

They have some new ones with loops that look like a lot of fun but it's like they're charging a couple bucks per section for them and I'm not that big of a sucker.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I got lucky. My kid didn't care at all about the sets all he wanted was PURPLE MOTORCYCLE.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

HootTheOwl posted:

Display it broken, like the real one

Just float it downstream to your new place

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Finally got pieces together to work on this model of Bender. Still missing a few pieces and there’s some stability issues I need to fix in the torso, but the head at least is complete and solid.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Bitchin, got pics of the back? Might try to build that

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That's rad.

Kill all the humans.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I'm one of the dummies who collects the Modular Buildings, and I finally picked up the Bookshop last week. I hadn't looked at the product page or any of the blogger reviews, so I didn't know that the two buildings (the bookstore and the townhouse) were actually separate and not built on a single 32x32 baseplate. I really like that I can shuffle the two up to put them anywhere in a street line-up rather than being forced to have them next to each other. I hope they do it again in the future with two "smaller" builds rather than one big connected one, because it definitely adds a lot of flexibility for displaying.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The earlier modular, the Pet Shop, also did that, and it’s a nice touch.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It's overpriced but I still love it. Love the absolutely massive engines and I think they did a really good job on the interior with the carbonite racks and weapons wall and stuff.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 29, 2022

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Christ, where do they think we can store these $500+ sets, my UCS Slave 1/ Y-Wing/Tantive take up a huge place on one shelf let alone the giant Enterprise/Halo Infinity on the other

Also having 95% Star Wars LEGO, the Megabloks Enterprise is the GOAT, almost 3 feet long and 12 lbs, I had to use a rolling pin to press sheet on sheet layer on layer but it’s a legit brick palace of plastic, plus it cost me $75 on Amazon

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 29, 2022

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Here's another 11022 build that I've been working on all week and finally finished!

Instructions here:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-127220/mattking4/11022-halloween-menagerie/#details

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

a sexual elk posted:

Bitchin, got pics of the back? Might try to build that

It uses finger hinges facing opposite directions in the middle surrounded by 6x8 plates to reverse the studs in the space of one brick (which I don’t have a picture) and the back of the head and teeth/eyes are built off that. Then a bracket above to put the top of the head and antenna on. Antenna is a lightsaber wand with a mini Technic pin over it.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Finished the Castle, it is very cool, and huge. Tempted to switch all the flags and shields so that the Crownies can take it over.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Working through 123 Sesame Street with my daughter, and holy hell who decided black was a good color for the instruction background. The dark piece colors (that don't get a white outline like black) just disappear into it and make it almost impossible to see what pieces go into a step if you aren't in perfect lighting. The dark blue is the biggest offender by far.

treetheheavy
Mar 28, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

It's overpriced but I still love it. Love the absolutely massive engines and I think they did a really good job on the interior with the carbonite racks and weapons wall and stuff.

Yep, I've been slowly working though this one and I've really been enjoying the build. Great set.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
This is the wonkiest fuckin' build I've ever done. It's so fragile. But it looks neat! Here's a 1956 Oldsmobile Super 88.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Love the use of the crutches.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hood ornament: to scale.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

deoju posted:

Love the use of the crutches.

This grillwork is from my fallen victims

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.
I took these pictures a month ago and got so wrapped up in other Halloween activities that I forgot to upload them. Here is my Lego Halloween display for my Halloween themed office.
It is the first draft and is pretty amateur since I am not much of a MOC builder.

For the full gallery check out the Imgur link: https://imgur.com/gallery/4Lhw7YY

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So I wanted to check out the new Lego Flagship Store here in Munich. Thrid largest in the world.

Nope, not going to queue for 30+ minutes...

On a regular day mind you, no events.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Anyone ever seen a multicolored boulder like this before? I don't see it on Bricklink. I thought it was paint at first, but it's definitely just a multicolor piece.

Also, anyone know what the black round piece is? I find them in bulk lots from time to time.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
The mulicolor boulders were common in the Power Miners sets from ‘09-10, and might have been in the Castle sets of the period too.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Google Lens indicates the black disk it a hockey puck.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
They were in some of the Bionicle play sets too

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 31, 2022

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Boulder:
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30293pb01#T=C
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30294pb01&idColor=85#T=C&C=85

Puck:
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=44848&name=Sports%20Hockey%20Puck,%20Large&category=%5BSports%5D#T=C

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Huh, I would’ve sworn they were in Power Miners. I had a bunch back then and I guess I just assumed they came from those sets.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Awesome, thanks guys! Not sure how I missed the boulder on Bricklink.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

A similar piece also exists with trans green elements. What's that actually from? Same series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

tuo posted:

A similar piece also exists with trans green elements. What's that actually from? Same series?
This one? Surprisingly recent.