Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

man vince loving hated austin and JR after he bought WCW didnt he

Vince has always treated JR as a punching bag. poo poo he got shoot fired after his first case of Bells Palsy in the mid 90s.

Just was more overt about in the 2000s with the Kiss My rear end Club and the Dr Heiny segment and Linda Ellerbee kayfabe firing him and kicking him in the nuts (which got reused in political attack ads😂).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan hasn't actually been paid for his Super Followers thing yet :laugh:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan hasn't actually been paid for his Super Followers thing yet :laugh:

What does that mean?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

What does that mean?

It's some Twitter thing, he started it up a couple of months ago, his followers pay money to get exclusive access to stuff he does... except so far none of the money has come to him, and he was grumbling about how Twitter having a new owner better not affect his payments.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
he still won't get paid but on the other hand the people in his replies will be racist

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What im hearing here is that alvarez got worked

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

do they still do the crazy camera shaking and zooming while doing multiple cuts per second

Yes. But less so. It's gone from something designed to brain damage their audience further while getting them hooked to a drug-like vertigo experience, to something that's used to make the wrestling seem faster and more impactful. It's not what I want from a production point of view but I do think it's just bordering on a valid production decision, as I said before.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Another baffling Sempervive bit on WOL today where he spent 5 minutes angrily insisting that Nakamura lied that Vince McMahon turned down his request to have a match with Muta and then tried again when Triple H took over... but also insisted that maybe Nakamura told the truth but that doesn't matter?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The end of last night's B&V show had me dying laughing. Bryan wanted to see the kidnapping of Daddy rear end so bad he ended the show early lmao.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Jerusalem posted:

Another baffling Sempervive bit on WOL today where he spent 5 minutes angrily insisting that Nakamura lied that Vince McMahon turned down his request to have a match with Muta and then tried again when Triple H took over... but also insisted that maybe Nakamura told the truth but that doesn't matter?

BUT KENTA

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I hate the way wwe production looks. Like even take the obnoxious zooming and poo poo out of it. It looks like a kids show. Ultra saturated way too loving bright. The stupid cgi things on entrances. It feels like it’s made for pre schoolers.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The_Rob posted:

I hate the way wwe production looks. Like even take the obnoxious zooming and poo poo out of it. It looks like a kids show. Ultra saturated way too loving bright. The stupid cgi things on entrances. It feels like it’s made for pre schoolers.

It's flasy but also bland and boring. They's no interesting design to it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

The end of last night's B&V show had me dying laughing. Bryan wanted to see the kidnapping of Daddy rear end so bad he ended the show early lmao.

I loved that, he didn't believe what he was hearing at first and got so excited to go see it :allears:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Jerusalem posted:

It's some Twitter thing, he started it up a couple of months ago, his followers pay money to get exclusive access to stuff he does... except so far none of the money has come to him, and he was grumbling about how Twitter having a new owner better not affect his payments.

Lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

1glitch0 posted:

It's flasy but also bland and boring. They's no interesting design to it.

Yeah that’s what it is. Cool that they have a giant led screen I guess. But all it is is just a giant screen.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

The_Rob posted:

Agreed. It all just seems way too overproduced.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I love when deadlock hates a segment so much they just deadpan report what happens in it lol.

"Here's the situation. Coach has beaten Steve Austin. The most popular wrestler of all time. Then Funaki comes out. Coach has beaten Funaki. Then Batista came out. Coach, Vader, and WWE's Goldust have beaten Batista. The segment is now over."

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

its funny because we see it as overproduced (and I agree) but someone that only watches wwe will watch aew and think it looks too dark and b-league because they've been conditioned for glossy zoomy nonsense and there are no floor to ceiling screens

the only area I feel wwe still has the more appealing production on is the audio on entrance themes

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

ToiletofSadness posted:

Vince has always treated JR as a punching bag. poo poo he got shoot fired after his first case of Bells Palsy in the mid 90s.

Just was more overt about in the 2000s with the Kiss My rear end Club and the Dr Heiny segment and Linda Ellerbee kayfabe firing him and kicking him in the nuts (which got reused in political attack ads😂).
Leave Nick News W5 out of this sordid tale, Linda Elerbee would never

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Chamber of Horrors, maaaaaannnnn:
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1587051777425379329

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Edge & Christian posted:

Leave Nick News W5 out of this sordid tale, Linda Elerbee would never
I didn't realize until I went on youtube to look up the segment that Linda firing JR is what led to that segment from the retro review. I thought those were separate times JR was fired.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave is once again reporting on an alternate reality.

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1587377553412689923

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

The real highlight of today's WOR was Nick Hausman making it clear he's going to keep working The Streets™ until Lucy "Judy" Steel gives him the REAL info.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

:v:: "These guys are making millions of dollars"
:geno:: "Millions of dollars"
:v:: "MILLIONS of dollars"
:geno:: "Millions of dollars, yeah"

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

died laughing at dave yelling "WHERE ARE YOU" when bryan went off camera on yesterday's wor

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Happiness posted:

died laughing at dave yelling "WHERE ARE YOU" when bryan went off camera on yesterday's wor

Big Grandpa facetime energy with that one

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Happiness posted:

I was listening to this and I'm audio only so I totally forgot they had video, and my first reaction was just "oh poo poo, Dave's finally lost his mind"

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

sleep with the vicious posted:

It's hilarious how much more engaged Bryan is now that they are on video.

It has brought out how much he is enjoying current WWE though. Two sides of a coin

Didn't they also move the podcasts forward to a human recording hour? Like dealing with Dave's poo poo at 2:30am sounds rough.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Catching up on this weekend's B&V and loving that Bryan somehow does the Bryan pronunciation on "planetarium."

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Wazzu posted:

Didn't they also move the podcasts forward to a human recording hour? Like dealing with Dave's poo poo at 2:30am sounds rough.

They're trying to do all the video shows at 11:30pm Pacific unless there's a bunch of TV to watch first, but who knows if that'll hold

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

blast0rama posted:

The real highlight of today's WOR was Nick Hausman making it clear he's going to keep working The Streets™ until Lucy "Judy" Steel gives him the REAL info.

I could not believe this dunce kept getting her name wrong while practically begging her to talk to him. Guess he doesn't fancy himself much of a journalist

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

I love when deadlock hates a segment so much they just deadpan report what happens in it lol.

"Here's the situation. Coach has beaten Steve Austin. The most popular wrestler of all time. Then Funaki comes out. Coach has beaten Funaki. Then Batista came out. Coach, Vader, and WWE's Goldust have beaten Batista. The segment is now over."

I remember that segment as far as Austin not being there, Goldust showing up, Funaki getting beat down, then Batista shows up, but somehow I forgot that loving VADER shows up.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
I yelled OH MY?! watching a football game this weekend, with the implied question mark and all

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
coach beating austin so that JR can stay fired is such an amazing gently caress you to everyone but vince

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

CVagts posted:

I remember that segment as far as Austin not being there, Goldust showing up, Funaki getting beat down, then Batista shows up, but somehow I forgot that loving VADER shows up.

Vader and Goldust as Coach's heavies is so bizarre that I have to think it was some sort of rib

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Didn’t Vader fall on his rear end in that segment?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think that was the segment. I also remember reading somewhere that he was supposed to get a DVD with a compilation of his matches, like Flair and Foley did, but him slipping up in that segment led to Vince vetoing it.

So yeah, another reason to say "gently caress Vince." A DVD or blu-ray set of Vader's matches from WCW and WWF would have loving owned.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Didn’t Vader fall on his rear end in that segment?

Flat on his back, but yes. Slipped off the apron climbing out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Happiness posted:

listened to this just now and cracking up, so funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

That Meltzer chat with Nick Housman was unreal. Two guys who have been sources of all the information we have, get together and handshake to re-establish old news. Nick hears the “Punk gets voted off the island” joke and insists that it’s a literal thing, more than once. “So, who’s making these votes?”

I can see why Punk’s camp told this credulous improver that Larry got whacked by the door.