Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

fast cars loose anus posted:

Reminder that we have games tomorrow so I'll take the best title I get between now and noon then for the GDT

quote:

Jimbo Clown Suit Emporium

edit: On a :( note - maybe we should avoid language like "feral" and "thugs" when describing college football players.

downout fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Tad SG posted:

Auburn hiring Lanning away from Oregon would be the funniest of all results of this.

There’s no way

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
yeah I actually agree traffic mgmt with the tunnel would be good and law enforcement is prolly too far if no hospitalizations happened. Thanks for clarifying

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Tad SG posted:

Auburn hiring Lanning away from Oregon would be the funniest of all results of this.

God I would hate this for Oregon so much, even if it would be hilarious.

I think Auburn wants Rhule but will get Mullen or some poo poo instead.

I hope they don’t snag a Klieman or Leipold—they’re too pure for that awful place.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

BAH GAWD THAT’S LANE KIFFIN’S MUSIC

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Spaced God posted:

Also², as much as we're a weirdo cult we're actually pretty nice in person. Y'all are gonna have a great time :yeah:

as long as you realize half the university is a memorial to something or other and don't walk on the grass and uncover in the student building, i think it was :v:

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Spaced God posted:

Oh hell yes! I'll give you some local haunts because everyone else is gonna recommend Northgate and Fuegos and Lanes and all that touristy poo poo. That's all good and fun but you deserve better.

Martin's place is the best for BBQ but they run super BBQ place hours (like 10-3 3 days a week or some poo poo). C&J's is a local chain that might be second best in a pinch.

If you want an actually fun not college bar experience, the 101 in downtown Bryan was my old haunt (at least it's predecessor was) when I was in undergrad. Super DIY space with lots of good bands playing basically every night plus TVs for games. If punk poo poo isn't your scene, there's a speakeasy under the old hotel down there called Three Knocks that's fun too. Or you can just roll into basically any place in downtown Bryan because it's where the cool kids who don't wanna roll with frat boys hang out.

Oh also RX pizza is pretty kicking rad.

Also², as much as we're a weirdo cult we're actually pretty nice in person. Y'all are gonna have a great time :yeah:

Seconding downtown Bryan as a better place to hang. If you're at all into chicken fried steak, Longhorn Tavern there has quite a good one, too. And if you're feeling fancy Ronin might be the best restaurant within an hour.

Though will disagree with OP on Fuegos. After Los Norteños closed it's the best brunch taco spot. Yes by default, but it's still good. Get the Fuego Steak.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

soggybagel posted:

I don't think law enforcement needs to get involved. That's all I was saying. If it sounds like I'm carrying water for the attack I should say I'm wrong on that and didn't mean it to come to that.

The reason I am annoyed is because this has been happening a few times recently with Michigan in the tunnel. So if it sounded like I was saying "They had it coming" then that's my bad. Sorry.

This was last year with Michigan Ohio State at halftime:

https://twitter.com/LateKickJosh/status/1464667836245327892?s=20&t=9ctlfA6snp_AEs9s4-BtJA

Obviously the jump to extreme violence is bad.

love that ref mentality kicking in when they aren't even on the field

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Waifu Radia posted:

yeah I actually agree traffic mgmt with the tunnel would be good and law enforcement is prolly too far if no hospitalizations happened. Thanks for clarifying

Green has a concussion from getting hit in the head/face with a helmet.

Waifu Radia posted:

Michigan hired extra security and there are images of a cop just standing and watching.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
They should be kicked off the team and prosecuted. If I'm the parent of any kid who was the victim of violent crime at the hands of a loving college football team, you better loving believe I'm bringing a lawsuit against the school as well. This poo poo is not complicated.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Regnevelc posted:

there are images of a cop just standing and watching.

Natch

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 31, 2022

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1587148508943065088

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
Gonna be amazing if MSU somehow finds a way to "for cause" Mel over this.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

JohnCompany posted:

Seconding downtown Bryan as a better place to hang. If you're at all into chicken fried steak, Longhorn Tavern there has quite a good one, too. And if you're feeling fancy Ronin might be the best restaurant within an hour.

Though will disagree with OP on Fuegos. After Los Norteños closed it's the best brunch taco spot. Yes by default, but it's still good. Get the Fuego Steak.

A) sodolaks out in snook has the best chicken fried steak (and chicken fried bacon!) But that's a bit of a drive even if it's worth it. But hell yeah longhorn and ronin are both incredible

2) I never said Fuegos was bad (I love me a southern comfort and a Dr pepper cowboy) it's just so loving packed at all hours on GameDay weekend these days it's not even worth it. I was in town this weekend and there was a line outside to get in line inside

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Neil Armbong posted:

as long as you realize half the university is a memorial to something or other and don't walk on the grass and uncover in the student building, i think it was :v:

Yeah the grass around the student building is sacred for some loving troop reason and I never wear hats so I forgot about uncovering lmao. Don't walk on any of the seals either but I think that's a universal college rule, right?

But otherwise you should be fine. The one thing about ags is they loving love explaining all the weird lore and rules so always ask if you have questions because someone will talk your ear off. If you want a fun one, ask a senior cadet why his sword is welded to his scabbard

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Tad SG posted:

They made a serious run at Cristobal before getting Harsin, programs need to realize that Oregon puts a curse on outgoing coaches

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Spaced God posted:

If you want a fun one, ask a senior cadet why his sword is welded to his scabbard

I presume this is to keep them from trying to use it after they get beat up by a cheerleader.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

LLCoolJD posted:

:lol: Auburn. We won't have a coaching carousel quite like last season, but it's already pretty strong. Auburn, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Colorado, Georgia Tech, Arizona State. Some good jobs to be had.

There is only one way for this coaching carousel to reach historic portion, it needs add the team which is know as the MVP of coaching carousel since 2009…

https://twitter.com/govols247/status/1586908947109187584?s=46&t=zSBvlZ1bkncJf3mCY4UJ9A

To be clear I don’t see it happening but if it was going to happen we all know what team it would happen to. That said a certain coach is getting a big raise soon.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 31, 2022

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

"Wrath of the law" what a pompous windbag. :jerkbag:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I presume this is to keep them from trying to use it after they get beat up by a cheerleader.

It is! Gotta keep them zip tied for the games if they happen to be on the field that game.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Seaniqua posted:

They should be kicked off the team and prosecuted. If I'm the parent of any kid who was the victim of violent crime at the hands of a loving college football team, you better loving believe I'm bringing a lawsuit against the school as well. This poo poo is not complicated.

Jacoby Windmon is on video putting his helmet back on and grabbing Green.

Let’s see what Mel does with that. Dude is overrated but probably the 2nd or 3rd best player on that D.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Tad SG posted:

Gonna be amazing if MSU somehow finds a way to "for cause" Mel over this.

Best case scenario for MSU.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/1587146319973388290

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
next thread title

https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1587224311332478976

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

mdemone posted:

It's like we figured out how to play football for exactly 15 real-time minutes there in the early 3rd, then Dogshit City again.

Just start hucking it deep to Smith on every play, it's the only thing that has worked all year.

They do need to just let him rip it deep more. Wells has the arm but not the touch for the shorter stuff anyway

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Seconding this one

downout posted:

edit: On a :( note - maybe we should avoid language like "feral" and "thugs" when describing college football players.

Yeah seriously, we should know better about such coded language. It’s a serious and lovely situation as it is, there’s no need to go further.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah I don't think night before MACtion is gonna be beat, I'll put it up at lunchtime tomorrow

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

:(

https://twitter.com/UGASportscom/status/1587419149676040192?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

drat that sucks - he could have gone to the draft last year but decided to stay, didn’t he? Hate it for him

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
NCAA Week 10: WGWTFA

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Heupel to Texas please and thank

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

I. M. Gei posted:

No, beat it, nerd

Go drat Vols

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I. M. Gei posted:

Lol, a worse job and he wouldn’t even get to stop wearing throw up orange

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

Hmm yeah no

e: y'all were all laughing when Tennessee hired Heupel so kiss my rear end

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I know you can never trust coaches but Heup seems genuinely happy with Tennessee and the environment he has created so far, so hopefully he will stick around a while

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

drat that sucks - he could have gone to the draft last year but decided to stay, didn’t he? Hate it for him

Yeah, wanted to get his degree and made the gamble that being The Guy (other than Jalen Carter) on the offense would give him better draft stock than being a guy among guys.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Nobody good is going to Texas because good coaches don’t want to have to apologize about not singing the racist train song after losing a heartbreaker. It’s probably the single stupidest major job in the country.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Heupel to anywhere that’s not the University of Tennessee at Knoxville is concerning but I doubt it’ll happen. I sat through the tenures of Kiffin, Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt and goddammit this is the most excellent season I’ve watched in a loooong time.

Vols Bitch forever and ever. Amen

edit: gonna clarify real quick, I doubt it’ll happen that soon. Something would need to go South bad between him and Danny White to provoke a coaching change. The Haslam money faucet is probably going to run until it doesn’t.

Sir Thats Gross fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 1, 2022

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Maybe he has NFL aspirations after missing out as a player, but Heupel is going to be able to write whatever contract he wants and Tennessee will be able to afford it, and he has a successful program where he can build a long legacy. It's not a stepping stone, Knoxville is the destination, he's there.

Tennessee has always been an attractive job but has been mired with administration fuckery for the past decade where Danny White has been the solution. A huge market program with a massive spotlight and shitloads of money, now with bonus NIL money on top/because of all that that now brings in even more 5*'s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Hearing smoke on the street of Heupel to Auburn.

It won’t happen, but god that would be the funniest poo poo of all time.