Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

axolotl farmer posted:

it was on one of the first episodes of Jackass

this makes it ok

in the video there’s actually a clear video edit between him puking the eggs and the finished omelette so it’s very likely he could have just faked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

sounds like you're super into this

also we're done talking about it now

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
c old man s: i had a random pain this weekend that reminded me of the kidney stone i had a few years ago. i really hope it's not making a comeback but if it does i'm demanding the good drugs this time.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cold on a Cob posted:

i'm demanding the good drugs this time.

i was about to say "yeah pulling this move just earns you cops in your room and then a hospital discharge" but then i remembered you live in a nation with actual health care

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I don't think I will.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cold on a Cob posted:

c old man s: i had a random pain this weekend that reminded me of the kidney stone i had a few years ago. i really hope it's not making a comeback but if it does i'm demanding the good drugs this time.
inshallah no comeback. kidney stones are awful

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
my dad said his kidney stones were worse than getting shot (he was shot twice in vietnam)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
calling them "stones" really undersells what they actually look like (a package of razor blades that suffered a transporter accident rather than something smooth and round that youd find in a streambed)

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Can confirm, kidney stones are uncomfortable, 0/10 would never want again.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

kidney czech hedgehogs

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FMguru posted:

a package of razor blades that suffered a transporter accident

lol

thankfully never had to deal with one but i've seen them, and lmao

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

FMguru posted:

calling them "stones" really undersells what they actually look like (a package of razor blades that suffered a transporter accident rather than something smooth and round that youd find in a streambed)

yeah even kidney crystals would be a lot more accurate

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

piss shards

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

took a 3 year old adderall to see if it'll fix my stupid brain this time around and nope, still doesnt fix my stupid brain.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I’ve had kidney stones

the benefit of this is whenever someone talks about giving birth you can be all like “once someone told me that kidney stones is worse than child birth” in order to make sure the birth giver knows you are on the same level as them if not higher

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

echinopsis posted:

I’ve had kidney stones

the benefit of this is whenever someone talks about giving birth you can be all like “once someone told me that kidney stones is worse than child birth” in order to make sure the birth giver knows you are on the same level as them if not higher

if this is funny-posting I give it a 2/10
if this is serious posting I give it 0/10

either way, bad post, I'm gonna have to go buy a newspaper so I can roll it up and smack you on the nose

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

The Fool posted:

either way, bad post, I'm gonna have to go buy a newspaper so I can roll it up and smack you on the nose

i've never had kidney stones, but i make it a priority to tell child-having women that i've heard it's way worse and that they should consider that before they complain

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i tell a great story about how husbands are actually the ones who hurt the most in childbirth and I'll tell it at the drop of a hat

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

took a 3 year old adderall to see if it'll fix my stupid brain this time around and nope, still doesnt fix my stupid brain.

well. it is sure fun to :justpost: on lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

well. it is sure fun to :justpost: on lol

i didnt need help with that, frankly

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

eech now i just have a weird headache

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i mean, if you wanna go a bit more in depth about what you're struggling with maybe we can help (if you don't it's also totally understandable)

i find it's good for laser focusing on something, but you gotta have the motivation to do the thing first. if you don't (and this happens to me frequently) you just end up dicking around and having a blast. nothing gets done of course

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

i tell a great story about how husbands are actually the ones who hurt the most in childbirth and I'll tell it at the drop of a hat

you should forward it to kelly and get credit on one of his comics

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

graph posted:

naw i cant tell it online, its an irl-only type of story

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

graph posted:

The next Kelly comic posted:

The pain of being Greg-nant :smugdog:

mystes
May 31, 2006

As they say, you can take a 3 year old adderall but you can't make it think

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Fool posted:

i’m definitely a terrible poster AND also pretty dumb but no where near dumb enough to do what I said there

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

rotor posted:

it's old and expired, it lost its potency. if it's 3 years old, you should take 3 of them. crush and snort in the bathroom at the gas station across from the high school for best results

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

DELETE CASCADE posted:

it's old and expired, it lost its potency. if it's 3 years old, you should take 3 of them. crush and snort in the bathroom at the gas station across from the high school for best results

it didnt fix my stupid brain when it was fresh, which is why i still have a 3 year old bottle of amphetamines sitting around the house, so i'm not sure why i thought it was fix it now.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
it is not a mental failing of yours to have kept the drugs. everyone does that. unless you have issues with drug abuse, it's better to have them and not need them, than need them and not have them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why do you think your brain is broken

I mean mine is clearly broken

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

rotor, have you been checked for depression? it sucks and for me it snuck up on me slowly enough that I didn’t realize something was wrong until my office mate told me.

that was a long time ago, but I got it treated. also learned that depression looks very different for different people. for me, it was a massive feeling of indifference for pretty much anything, and inability to get anything done because I just couldn’t care.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i printed out "you had a better day than jordan peterson" and taped it to my bathroom mirror and it cured so many of my brain bummer maladies

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Jonny 290 posted:

i printed out "you had a better day than jordan peterson" and taped it to my bathroom mirror and it cured so many of my brain bummer maladies

self help for the modern YOSPOSter :patriot:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

axolotl farmer posted:

rotor, have you been checked for depression? it sucks and for me it snuck up on me slowly enough that I didn’t realize something was wrong until my office mate told me.

that was a long time ago, but I got it treated. also learned that depression looks very different for different people. for me, it was a massive feeling of indifference for pretty much anything, and inability to get anything done because I just couldn’t care.

yeah. it’s worth checking in every now and then, it can creep up on you. i’ve had major, severe, and highly symptomatic bouts which are plainly obvious to people around me, but i’ve also had it creep up on me slowly but steadily over long periods. i need brain pills but it took me years to find the right thing + train in helpful mental habits to keep it under control

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

hell yeah

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

nice

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

axolotl farmer posted:

i have not. my issue is that i cannot get motivated to do any work. Sounds like you & me have similar issues. I talked to my doctor briefly about cognitive behavioral therapy' and it sounds neat but :effort: i really just want a pill that makes me better without needing any effort on my part, or at least a pill that makes me able to expend effort on things.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

i have not. my issue is that i cannot get motivated to do any work. Sounds like you & me have similar issues. I talked to my doctor briefly about cognitive behavioral therapy' and it sounds neat but :effort: i really just want a pill that makes me better without needing any effort on my part, or at least a pill that makes me able to expend effort on things.

i'm in the same boat and they recommended CBT to me too, which i didn't do because it just sounded like a massive waste of time. i also take adderall though, and usually if something is important enough to do that's impetus enough. if it's not, i really, really don't want to do it, so i completely feel you there

i wish i could say i had a solution but i don't. its just something i've had to learn to deal with for pretty much forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

cbt is good as a concept but i just put it into practice myself rather than going along and being coached on it

it’s mental effort to do it for a while but then it isn’t. i’m a fan