Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Strategic Tea posted:

So get this how about a crazy idea where you pay :20bux: to post as a verified user but if you get banned you have to re buy the account for another :20bux:

wouldn’t work, nobody is dumb enough to pay to post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

abigserve posted:

I wonder how much Elon personally cyber-hosed the cyber-truck because in theory that was a game changer, but now the F150 lightning is available
The cybertruck was never a game changer. It is vaporware that will never exist, that could not exist due to, among other reasons, the inability of a metal brick to pass pedestrian crash requirements.

An electric F150 on the other hand was an inevitability.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yaldabaoth posted:

The only good thing Elon has done is encouraged competent companies to make EVs that actually work.

best own goal ever

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Bad Purchase posted:

You just reminded me of Seraph from the bitcoin thread and made me realize that Elon would not have banned him even once because they're kindred spirits.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

King Carnivore posted:

The cybertruck was never a game changer. It is vaporware that will never exist, that could not exist due to, among other reasons, the inability of a metal brick to pass pedestrian crash requirements.

An electric F150 on the other hand was an inevitability.

Trucks in the US have no reasonable regulations that apply to them at all, and it's an absolute arms race on who is bigger and has a higher front bumper. A 5'6" adult is now completely invisible when standing in front of the new GM/Chevy trucks, even before they get brodozered even higher in the after market.

Cybertruck safety sucks for other reasons. The bulletproof windows are a death trap in a rollover accident where the car starts burning and no one can rescue you. Fell into a river? Also death. Being a metal brick is great to kill a Miata without noticing anything, but not so great when hitting a tree/building/bigger truck as you do want your car to crumple in an accident and lessen the energy transferred to you. Etc.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 1, 2022

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Especially when your door buttons won’t work

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

goatface posted:

Who administers it? If an account has a tick, fails to make a monthly payment and then wants their tick back later, do they get it? Are corporate accounts charged the same as individuals? How much information about who is paying for what accounts get saved? Will any data be provided to advertisers? How many of the 250 staff will be dedicating their time to sorting out tick based queries? Will it be taxed as a sale?

The legal department probably need more than a week to build up the correct boilerplate.

They could probably charge brands $texas for their official account without disrupting customers to a large extent. They could even go for a sliding scale based on company size, revenue or engagement.

Which is why musk probably wouldn't go for it.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Billionaire shown to be complete rube who failed upwards, and more, tonight on Fox5 (which is just a collection of other peoples’ tweets being read in a weird “ending on a high pitch” voice by middle-aged attractive newscaster)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Nate Silver Membership

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Rad Russian posted:

Fell into a river? Also death.

Elon said it's a boat :colbert:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Rad Russian posted:

Cybertruck safety sucks for other reasons. The bulletproof windows are a death trap in a rollover accident where the car starts burning and no one can rescue you.

That's actually a really good point. When I was a firefighter we had some (awesome) training at a junkyard where we got to tear apart cars. Obviously smashing windows, and my favorite was to cut the, I don't know what to call them, the supports that attach the roof to the body on each corner that holds the windows in. We'd take a sawzall and cut the two front supports so we could peel back the roof to extricate.

I guess we need to issue firefighters .50 cals to break the windows and oxy torches to cut through the supports.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's actually a really good point. When I was a firefighter we had some (awesome) training at a junkyard where we got to tear apart cars. Obviously smashing windows, and my favorite was to cut the, I don't know what to call them, the supports that attach the roof to the body on each corner that holds the windows in. We'd take a sawzall and cut the two front supports so we could peel back the roof to extricate.

I guess we need to issue firefighters .50 cals to break the windows and oxy torches to cut through the supports.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The only thing the Cybertruck will be good for is when eventually they make a Back To The Future and new Doc Brown rolls it out and talks about how if you're traveling in time you might as well do it in style, and the audience laughs.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

and my favorite was to cut the, I don't know what to call them, the supports that attach the roof to the body on each corner that holds the windows in.
Pillars. A, B, and C if you wanna be specific about which one.

efb

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

A/B/C pillars

efb - twice!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ah ok so pillars!

Thank you for the gang pile! :tipshat:

We'd cut the A pillars and peel it back. I don't remember cutting the B pillar but we might have. After we did that we finished off the C pillar for more practice.

The Hurst tool "Jaws of Life" were fun too. There was another hydraulic one that I can't remember the name that was like a lopper for cutting branches but for steel. That thing was sweet. You could knock out one of those pillars pretty quickly.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

golden bubble posted:

And he's demanding them work 12-hour shifts, 7 days a week for this. Every Labor & Employment lawyer in San Francisco should be setting up camp in front of a Twitter office right now. The easy slam-dunk lawsuits this will bring will fill the harbor with yachts for years.

I guess if they get fired for “not working hard enough”, it’s technically allowable if they give overtime pay, right? There’s a lot of labor law I don’t know, so maybe way off here.

Trying to think how they’ll structure this to be legal and abuse their employees with it.

I’m a salaried engineer and get offered overtime pay for anything over 5 hours and I still say gently caress that and only do my 40.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

latinotwink1997 posted:

I guess if they get fired for “not working hard enough”, it’s technically allowable if they give overtime pay, right? There’s a lot of labor law I don’t know, so maybe way off here.

Trying to think how they’ll structure this to be legal and abuse their employees with it.

I’m a salaried engineer and get offered overtime pay for anything over 5 hours and I still say gently caress that and only do my 40.

For IT, they're typically exempt from overtime.

Edit: In California it's based on salary. Once you go past 98k you become exempt. That seems like a low salary for CA, so I'm guessing the Twitter guys are all paid more than that.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 1, 2022

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

latinotwink1997 posted:

Salaried workers making computer programmer money are generally exempt from overtime requirements. Twitter doesn't have to pay them a single extra cent for those 12-hour shifts or weekend days unless it has an employment contract with them saying so. I'm admittedly not familiar with California labor law (stuff like the WARN Act is Cali-specific), but federal labor law doesn't really have much to say here.

Most of this comes down to what benefits Twitter has contractually promised its employees. You'd think Elon would have learned his lesson about trying to weasel out of contracts, but I guess not.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Main Paineframe posted:

Most of this comes down to what benefits Twitter has contractually promised its employees. You'd think Elon would have learned his lesson about trying to weasel out of contracts, but I guess not.

Guy loves to abuse contracts/the law and somewhat rarely called out on it, Twitter taking him to court obviously being the most prominent example.

Much like Trump, he’s an entitled rear end in a top hat who thinks the rules don’t apply to him and sadly has found that he can often get away with it, which only makes things worse as time goes on.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

sticksy posted:

Much like Trump, he’s an entitled rear end in a top hat who knows the rules don’t apply to him

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Bad Purchase posted:

excellent username/post combo

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1587274481541984257?s=46&t=vTpVNxFpyPMqVjYgKIFDXw

Someone is angry they got a slap on the wrist.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

finally! freedom from the big government censors at Twitter. elon is doing so much for our country :neckbeard:

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
ENGINEER #1: If we can agree on anything, gentleman, it is that people should wear pants.
ENGINEER #2: Yes.
ENGINEER #3: Of course.
ENGINEER #4: Who would possibly contest such a fact?
ELON MUSK: ... but what if ...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

lol, "the moderation tools are down. We should tell everyone just so they know that Purge Night is now"

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Edit: made elon smaller per request

god please help me fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 1, 2022

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:hmbol:

people respect this idiot for some reason...

STEM Lord?

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
the shirt is not even tucked in properly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I cannot wait until Elon dies of some easily avoidable medical condition because he was too busy flailing away at dank memes to seek treatment.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

im also a billionaire and just like musk and ye, my jowls are swelling like crazy.. doctors don't know what to do!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Stex T posted:

ENGINEER #1: If we can agree on anything, gentleman, it is that people shouldn’t poo poo their pants.
ENGINEER #2: Yes.
ENGINEER #3: Of course.
ENGINEER #4: Who would possibly contest such a fact?
ELON MUSK: ... but what if ...

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

that is impactful but it would be polite to use timg instead of img on your brackets friend

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Wendigee posted:

that is impactful but it would be polite to use timg instead of img on your brackets friend

i said what i said

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

ben shapino posted:

i said what i said

Please do not post large musk

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Party Ape posted:

Please do not post large musk

mods are asleep and i will post big elon

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

This guy seems super cool!

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007

ben shapino posted:

mods are asleep and i will post big elon

Ah gently caress that's much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I am going to poo poo directly into Elon's mouth.