Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
What should I do with overstock then smart guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Rationale posted:

Donut truck, leased front with a thermoglazer, special delivery hotline, subscription service, wholesale, display cases inside other businesses-donuts have growth potential
ok this is definitely a troll now even if it didnt start that way

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
https://imgur.com/a/BRb9sDi

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
https://imgur.com/a/MmUhRyU

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
https://imgur.com/a/LD57nrj

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Congrats dude your horde of garbage has grown

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

now that's a business plan!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Upgrade posted:

Congrats dude your horde of garbage has grown

Won't you feel silly when that....countertop meat slicer...pays off??

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
How long until OP gets divorced?

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

Ohtori Akio posted:

He can trade scratch and dent kitchen appliances for a mail order bride.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Admiralty Flag posted:

I never thought I would write these words, but where is Zaurg to save us from this mediocre troll?

Quick reminder for whenever anyone forgets the reality of Zaurg: When a relatively-friendly poster talked in his thread about how much he (Zaurg) was going to regret not getting his life in order from the perspective of missing time/experiences with his children, and she told him how her own kid had died young, Zaurg had the balls to ask her if she had budgeted for the funeral. He was a pathetic shitstain of a human being at worst, worthless multi-year troll at best. The forum is better off without him.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Ohtori Akio posted:

Now I'm wondering what beat-to-poo poo and completely-irrelevant-to-donut-making equipment she would get

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I just hope she keeps her inherited commercial building in the divorce, so she can live a bit more comfortable using the rent income.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Ohtori Akio posted:

I just hope she keeps her inherited commercial building in the divorce, so she can live a bit more comfortable using the rent income.

lol’d

I know two good local restaurants that closed due to divorces. It’s p common.

And he can start his next business: donut Dave’s discount devices

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Or! Did they divorce, due to running a restaurant

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
The number of things marked 'Tested and Working!' to me implies that everything else was tested and found not working, gl with your potentially broken equipment op

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

The number of things marked 'Tested and Working!' to me implies that everything else was tested and found not working, gl with your potentially broken equipment op

the exclamation mark kind of implies that they are surprised it passed

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Rationale posted:

Recycle them

Start a brick fired pizza business that burns on day-old doughnuts in the oven

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I thought about getting some pigs but I’ll need 15k in fenced before I can leave them here

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Rationale posted:

I thought about getting some pigs but I’ll need 15k in fenced before I can leave them here

Chickens it is then

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

CarForumPoster posted:

Recycle them

Garbage donuts, garbage pizza: Rationale

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Adolf Glitter posted:

the exclamation mark kind of implies that they are surprised it passed

Ran when parked!

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

Rationale posted:

Just gonna whittle off some bacon for my artisanal donuts.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I got a pretty bad head injury last night and can't connect the dots on this one but Pigs can also mean Cops and that's probably most of your customers in the donut biz

OK going to go do some more drugs and go back to bed, good luck with your gross restaurant and tasty looking donuts

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Rationale posted:

I’m told that if you use a hammer on them, you get back half the original flour and gold you used to make them.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
https://imgur.com/a/ysK06VB

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I love my wife, you know?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
E: woopsie

Just gotta stuff another $35 in there

Rationale fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 1, 2022

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Boy, you sure are showing the naysayers what's what with these pictures of poo poo

CarForumPoster posted:

Mestre de donuts

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 1, 2022

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
You can have it all

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Rationale posted:

Make the right amount of goods to sell? Maybe run discounts after 11am???

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Rationale posted:

I love my wife, you know?

It doesn't seem like it from the way you are acting. You have a windfall that you seem hellbent on turning into a potential liability, and I haven't once seen you talk about the impact on her or what the potential upsides or downsides are for your personal life.

The biggest thing that a lot posters are trying to get you to do, including me, is to get you to make a plan and do some actual analysis so that you are assessing whether it's worth putting more money into this thing. Something you can refer to as the venture has ups and downs.

A lot of people start restaurants and then because of sunk-cost fallacy they lose more money than they ever thought they could and even become destitute or indebted, throwing good money after bad, believing just one more thing will make the business profitable.

There's also the reality that you are almost certainly commingling your personal funds with business funds, which has the potential to make things like your house an attachable asset for any creditors you end up with down the line.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

There's also the reality that you are almost certainly commingling your personal funds with business funds, which has the potential to make things like your house an attachable asset for any creditors you end up with down the line.

The wife is the one who inherited the property so the liability is mostly on her depending on how it was distributed out of probate.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Op your only crime is posting Imgur album links instead of the pictures themselves

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

How come no one has suggested making donuts to order ala Duck Donuts? They’re good, only cake but that’s ok because yeast donuts aren’t as tasty.

Serious question though how come California has lovely donuts?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tnuctip posted:

They’re good, only cake but that’s ok because yeast donuts aren’t as tasty

:mods:

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Tnuctip posted:

Serious question though how come California has lovely donuts?

idk depends on where, i've had great donuts in LA and SF.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Sundae posted:

Quick reminder for whenever anyone forgets the reality of Zaurg: When a relatively-friendly poster talked in his thread about how much he (Zaurg) was going to regret not getting his life in order from the perspective of missing time/experiences with his children, and she told him how her own kid had died young, Zaurg had the balls to ask her if she had budgeted for the funeral. He was a pathetic shitstain of a human being at worst, worthless multi-year troll at best. The forum is better off without him.

True, although on the plus side folks linking to his train wreck threads from other parts of the forum let me know BFC existed and I’ve learned a ton of useful info as smart folk are excellent at demystifying finance and shun scammers.

Rationale posted:

When I worked at Costco they’d have a food bank pull up a truck in the early morning to haul away edible but past the sell by date products. I don’t think it was a profit center other than saving some dumpster space and improving the company’s image. I dunno if it would be worth a food bank’s time to send a truck to your store unless there were regularly a huge amount of edible products being tossed. I wonder if individual Starbucks bother with that, would imagine they’ve got their food waste minimized.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

pseudanonymous posted:

It doesn't seem like it from the way you are acting. You have a windfall that you seem hellbent on turning into a potential liability, and I haven't once seen you talk about the impact on her or what the potential upsides or downsides are for your personal life.

The biggest thing that a lot posters are trying to get you to do, including me, is to get you to make a plan and do some actual analysis so that you are assessing whether it's worth putting more money into this thing. Something you can refer to as the venture has ups and downs.

A lot of people start restaurants and then because of sunk-cost fallacy they lose more money than they ever thought they could and even become destitute or indebted, throwing good money after bad, believing just one more thing will make the business profitable.

Credit free, baby.

Today’s pics were from her. We’re in this together. We thought about renting to a motorcycle mechanic, we thought about opening a gym or a used bookstore. We decided we wanted a business to work in because we have two little kids I don’t see enough of. We’re building this thing on schedule with wages.

She’s over there unloading that uhaul in the dark and I’m working nights at the dick sucking plant because the both of us truly believe in this move. No bankers, no angel investors, it’s my old lady and me.

We actually paid for some estate planning lately, and we’re looking for a money lawyer. Assets this, amortization that, corporate vehicles, blah blah blah.

I’m insulted by your mean-rear end post bro. I know I’m maintaining like a sort of careless dipshit persona but that’s just to anger these little spreadsheet nerds. It’s gonna hurt them real bad when I succeed incorrectly.

We haven’t lost a dime yet. I’m certain that if we decided not to go through with this we could get our money back out of the gear.

Literally what else should I do with the space and before you say “lease it out” I should mention that nobody had asked about it in the last ten years and that if I build out a bakery and coffee bar in there it can lease for a whole lot more.

Like how can I ever figure out how much of this poo poo is going to sell before I’m selling it? Should I count cars going by? Should I set up a dummy drive-thru and see how many people pull in? Should I enroll in my local community college hrim program and ask 99 stupid-rear end questions every class? Why not just build it out, open it up, and find out for sure?. We’ve been talking about this for over a year now.

If it fails we’ll lease out the building and get our money back in three years while I work my lovely debilitating $36 job. My lifestyle will be what it is now. If it succeeds I still won’t say you don’t love your wife because that’s fuckin lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

We need a mod to change the thread title to "dick sucking plants, old ladies, money lawyers, and spreadsheet nerds."

You're loving classy man.

Rationale posted:

Literally what else should I do with the space and before you say “lease it out” I should mention that nobody had asked about it in the last ten years

You don't seem to understand what that means especially compared to your plans for it.

All the rest of this is just sad, sad sad. Do actual planning and projections, not just YOLO and go "gently caress it didn't work, I guess the world hates me! Woe is me! Let me go bitch to my friends about how unfair the world is!"