Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Poll posting must be banned like horny posting!

The above post is canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

shes eating in 2 minutes instead of 18 lmao it's just eggs you lmao she's loving done and out the door and you're still there waiting for your eggs to aerate hahahahahahhahahahaa just cook em its that easy

stick? lmao get a ceramic pan this isn't the dark ages are you loving kidding me

goddamn you got some terrible opinions lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

UFOTacoMan posted:

a long time ago an old lady roasted me at work cause I was putting lots of sugar and milk in some coffee.
She said "UFO you don't like coffee, you like ice cream" and from that day forward I began drinking it black.
Ridicule and spite gets things done.

bullying works, and is good.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Business Gorillas posted:

It's classist and ableist to tell me eating nothing but McDonald's 20 piece chicken nuggets isn't good for me

https://twitter.com/brandyljensen/status/1445862337483841536?lang=en

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

UFOTacoMan posted:

yeah, that's the part, if I wasn't listening to the audio book it may have taken me out.
Love the series though. Some very wild ideas in there and some cool and frightening things to think about.

Check out the author's other book "Ball Lightening" later if you want similar sciency writing style but a more to the point story that doesn't span 3 books. I prefer the 3 Body Problem trilogy based on the ideas those books contained but Ball Lightening scratches a similar itch.

Apparently there was a fan-made follow-up to "Death's End" that was so good Liu Cixin endorsed it and it was published as a companion novella. "The Redemption of Time"

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spaced God posted:

Didn't he go to Siberia because he wanted to cold turkey off benzos and every western doctor was like "that literally will kill you"

yeah. there's photographic evidence of a comatose jordan peterson in a medical facility with his daughter

https://twitter.com/FalconryFinance/status/1584927997450067969

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

new kind of cat posted:

goddamn you got some terrible opinions lol

sorry not everyone wants to eat garbage

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

the milk machine posted:

there's a sequel to Lpzie???!?!?!

Lphardy

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/elizabeth_joh/status/1587500018465808384?s=61&t=NCmJciixbw5S55AhZlDhhA

art of the deal

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

neutral milf hotel posted:

yeah. there's photographic evidence of a comatose jordan peterson in a medical facility with his daughter

lol I remember seeing that pic at the beginning of the pandemic where someone claimed their dad was on the vent and to send thoughts and prayers...

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Says fast egg ceramic pan fuccboy

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

gotdon ramsey lookin rear end resting eggs for 15 minutes lmao

next you’ll be telling me not to let my meats rest for 5 minutes after cooking

enjoying your dry rear end poo poo

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

titty_baby_ posted:

My gf thinks I'm ridiculous for scrambling the eggs in a seperate bowl by mixing with the salt and maybe spices for like 3 minutes straight and then letting them rest for 15 minutes before putting in the hot pan

She scrambles them in the pan like a peasant and they stick

salt breaks down the proteins in raw egg, you’re making your eggs too soupy, you will regret this!!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Ben Nerevarine posted:

salt breaks down the proteins in raw egg, you’re making your eggs too soupy, you will regret this!!

Okay whatever I'll hold the salt

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Spaced God posted:

My coworker got married and two other coworkers wrote long Jordan Peterson quotes in their congratulations card we passed around the office lol.

One of them did it again when another coworker had a kid

lmao

Lpzie 2
Nov 1, 2022

When you elect nuts, you get squirrels!
Twitter j. Trumpy ?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

i’m the dick pump

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

the milk machine posted:

i liked in 3BP (that's my abbreviation for the three body problem) when they got a bunch of soldiers and made them simulate transistors and such to make a computer

dang I forgot about that. I'm going to have to revisit the series soon.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

if you whisk the egg outside of the pan you're making omelette, otherwise you need the mixing/thickening to occur in the pan to get the curds

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I think there's a time and a place to scramble in the pan, like if I want some marbled eggs for a sandwich or something it's the easiest way I know of.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

shes eating in 2 minutes instead of 18 lmao it's just eggs you lmao she's loving done and out the door and you're still there waiting for your eggs to aerate hahahahahahhahahahaa just cook em its that easy

stick? lmao get a ceramic pan this isn't the dark ages are you loving kidding me

ceramic cookware? like a cave person?

please, I need only my trusty cast iron, as god intended

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

daddy milky

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

failing to see how eating burnt eggs scraped off an overheated pan is not considered garbage

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

titty_baby_ posted:

People who buy a sugary coffee every morning are insane

Idk what the most popular drink at Starbucks is these days but that pink drink isn't even pretending to be coffee, has to have at least 400cal of sugar in it, and isnt even trying to sell itself as a naturally made product

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

lol I remember seeing that pic at the beginning of the pandemic where someone claimed their dad was on the vent and to send thoughts and prayers...

lol

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

the milk machine posted:

i liked in 3BP (that's my abbreviation for the three body problem) when they got a bunch of soldiers and made them simulate transistors and such to make a computer

lol that was loving badass as hell. wasn't it like 1 million soldiers? I forgot which chinese king it was

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
in awe of this guy's desire to get every coder working for him to quit

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587499283573530625

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I put a squirt of milk in my scrambled eggs and they're always fluffy as hell. Cook em with a cover on the pan with plenty of butter and only flip them once, that's a good a egg a

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Sherbert Hoover posted:

it would probably take a second to process that if you weren't expecting it. how fast do you think cars can stop exactly? this pedestrian was being extremely reckless just assuming the car who he can see is already turning is going to slam on their brakes for him, regardless of who has the legal right-of-way.

this wouldn't be an issue if we took all private automobiles and crushed them all into cubes

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
the most left candidate for gov in my state released an ad saying she would get the "drat trash off the street" referring to the unhoused

*tugs collar*

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
classism running amok in todays posts we should all revert to eating dirt and grubs like the noble orangutan

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hatebag posted:

I put a squirt of milk in my scrambled eggs and they're always fluffy as hell. Cook em with a cover on the pan with plenty of butter and only flip them once, that's a good a egg a

aaaaaah this is not scrambled eggs

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Joementum posted:

astounding idiocy

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!

Joementum posted:

I'm going to pay for a checkmark but will only use twitter when I'm on a VPN in like, Bangladesh or something

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Ok, if there's some esoteric scrambled eggs definition that isn't "eggs that have been scrambled," that's fine. I'll keep eating that garbage

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
lmao this dude has no idea how to monetize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted: