Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
texas should hire mack brown again, he's the ideal texas coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I love the idea of recommending Coach O anywhere for pure comedy reasons but hes also a sexpest so we cant have nice things.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I had to take the cats to the vet today. The vet office is a partnership between a Florida guy and an Auburn guy, so they liked my Beat Georgia shirt.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Warbird posted:

Hearing smoke on the street of Heupel to Auburn.

It wont happen, but god that would be the funniest poo poo of all time.

Oh there might be one (former) Tennessee coach heading to Auburn but it will not be Heupel.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Why would Heupel wanna go to Auburn and play Bama and Georgia every year wait poo poo

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hmm yeah no

e: y'all were all laughing when Tennessee hired Heupel so kiss my rear end

wasnt his biggest flaw recruiting? a thing which NIL money from Tennessee just solved entirely

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

Why would Heupel wanna go to Auburn and play Bama and Georgia every year wait poo poo

Man already deals with insane boosters and fans, might as well get paid better and only have to be subjected to Rocky Top one time a year.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Relentlessboredomm posted:

wasnt his biggest flaw recruiting? a thing which NIL money from Tennessee just solved entirely

That, and "but does that tempo offense matter against SEC defense"

And, well, lmao

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

That, and "but does that tempo offense matter against SEC defense"

And, well, lmao

lol the tempo poo poo was always dumb. all the nonsense about how those fancy high flying offenses wouldn't work in the SEC was always tremendously stupid. of course now everyone sees it but i remember a long stretch of that poo poo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

Man already deals with insane boosters and fans, might as well get paid better and only have to be subjected to Rocky Top one time a year.

Lol paid better

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Theyre the only program in the SEC and arguably the country with a bigger but we should be good tho complex than the Vols. With them though theyre still at the angry stage and never moved on to acceptance like most of the Vol fan base in the last decade or so. They have their voodoo nonsense crop up enough that the little brother complex just sits there and festers rather than wither on the vine. They dont have Saudi/Oil money like TAMU but them cutting some insane check wouldnt surprise me.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Auburn is gonna struggle until Saban either retires or completely loses his edge. Thats all there is to it from my point of view.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

Auburn is gonna struggle until Saban either retires or completely loses his edge. Thats all there is to it from my point of view.

thankfully for us all he is definitely starting to lose his edge, largely bc of the big structural changes with transfers and NIL along with the rise of stronger rivals but poo poo its happening.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

thankfully for us all he is definitely starting to lose his edge, largely bc of the big structural changes with transfers and NIL along with the rise of stronger rivals but poo poo its happening.

His coordinators kind of suck but theyre still a top tier program, there are just a couple of other programs in that tier now. That doesnt really help Auburn unless they make a great hire and can become a top tier program as well, which has been the problem for them all along.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

god why would you leave Oregon for Auburn
Maybe he wants to be a US Senator someday.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I hate this man but also love him

https://twitter.com/dave_matter/sta...yImfbVQZxXgMN10

I would 100% love him if he hired an offensive coordinator

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lol the tempo poo poo was always dumb. all the nonsense about how those fancy high flying offenses wouldn't work in the SEC was always tremendously stupid. of course now everyone sees it but i remember a long stretch of that poo poo

What SEC coach was it who was getting rocked by tempo offenses and tried to say they should be banned because it's too dangerous? Saban?

Edit: Yuuuup

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

What SEC coach was it who was getting rocked by tempo offenses and tried to say they should be banned because it's too dangerous? Saban?

Edit: Yuuuup

This is sorry as gently caress lol

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Dudes also 71 as of yesterday. Hell be done one way or the other before the decade is over. The SEC Honks Fullcas folks mentioned in passing that hes no longer as hard on the team as he was historically, but that as much a function as NIL as it is him getting old.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Blue Raider posted:

This is sorry as gently caress lol

It was deeply stupid but he also sacked up and hired Lane goddamn Kiffin to do it for him when he realized it wasn't going away, which is why he's the best ever

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Sir Plus posted:

College station goons, my friends and I are heading to Kyle field for what promises to be a truly hideous game Saturday, any can't miss restaurants, bars, or cowboy hatteries?

Not a CS goon, but I know the town well. And uh, not really honestly. There's the Dixie Chicken which is probably the most "iconic" of the campus area places, but it's nothing special. Layne's which is just a Zaxby's/Cane's type of place. Honestly the best place I'd recommend is Fargos in Bryan which has some really good BBQ.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I love how Josh Heupel was fired because for one year his offense wasn't quite good enough to hide the problems of His brothers defense. The year he was fired at Oklahoma they had the #20 offense.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

I love how Josh Heupel was fired because for one year his offense wasn't quite good enough to hide the problems of His brothers defense. The year he was fired at Oklahoma they had the #20 offense.

He went to Mizzou and somehow a Missouri QB suddenly held the SEC all time single season TD record for a couple of years. He basically got Drew Lock drafted off of that year.

Drew kinda sucked when Heupel left for UCF and Dooley came in as OC next year, gee I wonder who saw that one coming.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It'll sort itself out this weekend and far be it from me to praise them but Michigan has been much more impressive than Clemson this season so lol at this CFP ranking.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
News: rocky top

Views: bitch

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

JesustheDarkLord posted:

GBO

Lol, Michigan

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Tbf Clemson looked really impressive when they

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Henchman of Santa posted:

It'll sort itself out this weekend and far be it from me to praise them but Michigan has been much more impressive than Clemson this season so lol at this CFP ranking.

Clemson looks like trash but Michigan has beaten a collection of turds with the possible exception of PSU, who are not that good.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
N: MACtion

V: is back

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

JesustheDarkLord posted:

That's right

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Reminder that when Heupel got to Knoxville there were 35 kids that transferred along with almost the entire class that year decommitting and we were coming off a 3-7 season.

Regardless of what happens this weekend what hes done in 2 years is nothing short of impressive.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

vols #1 in cfp is the biggest jinx for the uga game lmao

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Eh, Heupel had plenty of flaws at OU. His QB recruiting/development was terrible at the end of his tenure and his offense got stymied plenty of times (see: Baylor). Lincoln Riley came in and immediately revitalized the offense in a huge way and also in recruiting.

That's not a defense of Mike Stoops, by any means. Bob was incapable of firing his brother, who was far and away the worst coach on those teams (and there were some other assistants that were not qualified).

I also think the book is not yet written on Heupel. He's having a phenomenal year for sure, and I hope it's sustainable. But in his tenure at UCF he won with Frost's roster in year one and got worse every year after.

e: also a big gently caress you to the CFP committee for ranking TCU #7 behind Alabama. They're clearly setting it up to screw TCU a la 2014.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Michigan is going to beat Ohio State again this year, book it like you're a kid in 1991 and you're going to Pizza Hut.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Josh Heupel is a madman

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

He looks like one of those hockey pad fake Batmen that get murdered in The Dark Knight Rises, except worse.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Clemson is gonna get in the playoff by virtue of going undefeated in a poo poo ACC, but they're gonna get pasted by whoever they play in the semifinal

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

We've beat better teams

Just win and it'll work out

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Clemson is gonna get in the playoff by virtue of going undefeated in a poo poo ACC, but they're gonna get pasted by whoever they play in the semifinal

Hearing the ROY bus revving up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Live look at the CFP committee