Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John F Bennett posted:

Fantastic haul! I was just about to buy the new Monkey Island for PC too but now I don't have to.

Which one of these should I play before they're gone?

Leaving November 15

Art of Rally (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Fae Tactics (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Next Space Rebel (Cloud, Console, and PC)
One Step from Eden (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Supraland (Cloud, Console, and PC)

I'm really bad at it and you probably will be too because it's brutal. But one step from Eden is great. It's also frantic and makes my brain melt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

The Kins posted:

The OG Tyrian sans the 2000 Pretzel Pete stuff is free and has a full-on port to modern platforms. Dunno if there's a XB1/Series port yet, though.
well aware of the port, i want a remaster

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Art of Rally is enjoyable and extremely low commitment. You can just drop in and do some races or there's also an open world mode where you zoom around and find hidden items.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zerot posted:

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1587429736963194881

Game of the Year 2022 Vampire Survivors coming to Xbox this month.

New Frontier seems to only include the first episode of the season in it, not the other four episodes. The others you have to pay for.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

What the gently caress, Ghost Song is coming to Game Pass? I backed that game on Kickstarter literally almost a decade ago (August 2013), and I didn't really have any expectations for it; it's just been nice seeing the dev make slow but steady progress over the last nine years. In the past couple of weeks it was cool to see that he was finally approaching the finish line, and now I find out I'll be playing it for free in addition to the Steam key I selected back in 2013.

Hopefully Game Pass ends up being good exposure for him. It's been a long time coming :unsmith:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Vampire Survivors is soooo good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Vampire Survivors is soooo good

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

American McGay posted:

Art of Rally is enjoyable and extremely low commitment. You can just drop in and do some races or there's also an open world mode where you zoom around and find hidden items.

:yeah:
I love the aesthetic

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
What is Vampire Survivors? I've suddenly heard a bunch of people rave about it in GOTY levels of positivity, and I'd literally never heard of it until that tweet

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
A lovely phone game that's $3 but hits all the proper dopamine triggers.

https://clips.twitch.tv/KnottyExquisiteEyeballTinyFace--IcQGPYCQtirEGVZ

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
It’s one of two good games to come out this year.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's a rip off of magic survival with legally distinct Castlevania sprites but decided the way to set itself out from the pack is a bunch of badass snes-style music loops and just making the entire game feel like a constant slot machine jackpot. There's also a gently caress ton of stuff to unlock.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

webmeister posted:

What is Vampire Survivors? I've suddenly heard a bunch of people rave about it in GOTY levels of positivity, and I'd literally never heard of it until that tweet

Oxxidation posted:

me: kills a bat
me: gets a gem
me: i'd like to do this forever for some reason

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

That's what got me hooked on Forza for awhile. "You farted near a cactus! Here's a slot machine to play! You won a car!"

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

1glitch0 posted:

That's what got me hooked on Forza for awhile. "You farted near a cactus! Here's a slot machine to play! You won a car!"

Horizon is the most rewarding yet patronizing racing series.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I got RDR 2 for my birthday, looking forward to playing it after this 96gb download

:corsair:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah it's a rip off of magic survival with legally distinct Castlevania sprites but decided the way to set itself out from the pack is a bunch of badass snes-style music loops and just making the entire game feel like a constant slot machine jackpot. There's also a gently caress ton of stuff to unlock.

American McGay posted:

A lovely phone game that's $3 but hits all the proper dopamine triggers.

https://clips.twitch.tv/KnottyExquisiteEyeballTinyFace--IcQGPYCQtirEGVZ

:kstarehair:

would legit rather play a 120+ hour ubisoft map icon hellworld game than that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

webmeister posted:

gently caress uou’!!!!!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

FistEnergy posted:

I got RDR 2 for my birthday, looking forward to playing it after this 96gb download

:corsair:

Enjoy! I wish I could forget everything about that game and play it for the first time again.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Walmart has a dumb Sceptre 55" 4k 60hz for $258 right now, if anyone else was looking for a big dumb tv.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

webmeister posted:

ok

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

webmeister posted:

Honestly, give it a try lol. It's like 200mb.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

webmeister posted:

Foolish.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

BisterdDave posted:

Horizon is the most rewarding yet patronizing racing series.
it pisses me off so much that they need to waste a bunch of time telling me about poo poo i'm not going to do. i'm already high just shut up and let me drive around

BisterdDave posted:

Enjoy! I wish I could forget everything about that game and play it for the first time again.
and i wish i'd never bought it! what a snooze-fest

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Man, this is already a killer month. Monkey Island, Pentiment, and the console release of GOTY contender Vampire Survivors?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Did they make Vampire Survivors way harder after early access or something? I was ripping and tearing, doing hyper mode with my eyes closed a few months ago, but since 1.0 came out and my progress got wiped, I haven't won a single run on the first level after like 15 attempts. There's this insane wave of ghosts that comes in at about 13:15 and no matter how untouchable I am at that point, I just get evaporated in seconds. I have the evolution chart up at all times and always prioritize getting those. Did the strategy change in the meantime?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

RBA Starblade posted:

New Frontier seems to only include the first episode of the season in it, not the other four episodes. The others you have to pay for.

That's weird. When I played it on console last year it came with all the episodes (same with all the TWD games). Must be a PC game pass thing.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Volte posted:

Did they make Vampire Survivors way harder after early access or something? I was ripping and tearing, doing hyper mode with my eyes closed a few months ago, but since 1.0 came out and my progress got wiped, I haven't won a single run on the first level after like 15 attempts. There's this insane wave of ghosts that comes in at about 13:15 and no matter how untouchable I am at that point, I just get evaporated in seconds. I have the evolution chart up at all times and always prioritize getting those. Did the strategy change in the meantime?

Feels the same to me my gamer.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
The strategy was to complain on the internet. Next run I obliterated the run without taking basically any damage.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I downloaded DayZ off Game Pass for the first time today and tried it out for a couple hours. Are there any tips to make it more enjoyable? I don't get what the point of it is.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Grey posted:

I downloaded DayZ off Game Pass for the first time today and tried it out for a couple hours. Are there any tips to make it more enjoyable? I don't get what the point of it is.

the developers don't know either. its trying really hard to be an ultra realistic survival sim, but there's nothing to really do in the game besides snipe people. also, despite being based on arma 2/3, they removed the actually really good ballistics physics to add more typical shooter stuff, which means sniping is itself less skill based and more inherently random. so even that isn't really fun.

if you really want to experience the game i'd just watch stimpee videos or something lmfao

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
DayZ's place in history is ultimately being the birthing grounds for the mod-of-a-mod that ultimately became PUBG.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Plague tale and Scorn where pretty hype for me, and both disappointing, but at least Signalis came out of nowhere and it's drat good.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Volte posted:

Bethesda are seemingly the only company who knows how to make an interesting open world game where the open-worldness of it is the point of the game and not just a way to pad out the content with a million optional side things. Has any other company (besides Obsidian) actually made a Bethesda-style open world where there are no "point of interest" icons, no story progression beyond the arbitrarily designated "main quest", and you actually just have the whole world at your disposal to do as you please and role-playing is actually possible? I can't really think of one.

Breath of the wild

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

Breath of the wild

:emptyquote:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Breath of the wild

How long of a rant do you want about how much I hate Breath of the Wild cause we can get to hate written on nano-angstroms of wiring here.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't need a rant about how you have bad taste in games.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The BOTW open world seems cool at first, especially when you finally hop off the plateau and are presented with the sheer scope of it. And then you start exploring and realize it's mostly empty nothingness with the same 5 enemy mobs and an occasional shrine with the grand reward of a level 12 flame sword that you already have 6 of.

Elden Ring and RDR2 are the only good open worlds.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Elden Ring pwns. I'm not as much of a fan of RDR2 but I can appreciate that the parts I don't like were on purpose, if that makes any sense. I would have a worse opinion if it seemed to be slow and kind of clunky on accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

American McGay posted:

The BOTW open world seems cool at first, especially when you finally hop off the plateau and are presented with the sheer scope of it. And then you start exploring and realize it's mostly empty nothingness with the same 5 enemy mobs and an occasional shrine with the grand reward of a level 12 flame sword that you already have 6 of.
Finding a level 12 flame sword is awesome when I just broke my last one, because breakable weapons actually work well.

But also the different areas have a ton of different biomes with different hazards, and have cool bugs and lizards to document and capture, that all help you upgrade your poo poo. The actually disappointing part is that not enough of the final upgrades feel cool.