Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Squibbles posted:

Zuck is obsessed with a Roman emperor so cuts his hair that way on purpose :laffo:

He modelled his hair after Augustus - who started the Pax Romana, a 200 year era of peace and stability. He ended up looking like reknowned pervert Caligula - who was Augustus great-grandson and ruled over a period of murder and derpavity that not even his nephew, Nero, could match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Valko posted:

He modelled his hair after Augustus - who started the Pax Romana, a 200 year era of peace and stability. He ended up looking like reknowned pervert Caligula - who was Augustus great-grandson and ruled over a period of murder and derpavity that not even his nephew, Nero, could match.

Come, come Nero, you must join me in this wonderful exfoliate they call creme de asbestos

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Buce posted:

that’s a lotta drat money

My uncle did it for about that much too, $USD. Believe he had to have it topped up later as well.

And honestly, it still looks like crap. Maybe if you can throw millions at it you can kind of get it normal looking again.

Or you can just get a wig or toupee if you must have hair, or a drat buzzer for like $30 and never worry about it again, and give the middle finger to Big Barbershop.

I have converted several men into the "just loving buzz it" clan. They all report their ladies/gents actually like it more (except the guy with the weird head shape, I am sorry guy. Sometimes God just hates us.)

I know a lady, black w/ dreads that were somehow wound up in yellow thread, that looked extremely cool, and I called her "cool hair girl" (I can't remember names), and when I greeted her a few days ago, she said it had been becoming a pain and she just buzzed it and showed me.

She still looked cool, and I told her this.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Valko posted:

What is the deal with megalomaniacs with weird hair? See also Trump, Boris Johnson and Zuckerberg.

Bezos lucked out by going bald.

That appears to be a terrible comb over. Baldness must have hit him early.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Valko posted:

What is the deal with megalomaniacs with weird hair? See also Trump, Boris Johnson and Zuckerberg.

My man looks like a sock puppet

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TwoPair posted:

Now the real test will be after one month when there's an overabundance of verified people, who's gonna care enough to keep it.

see if elon mjnsk is smart he'll make this like a monthly thing that takes more than a dozen clicks to cancel, so people will just keep their checkmarks via inertia

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TwoPair posted:

Being verified sadly makes some people very excited as (up until now) it denotes some kind of celebrity or at least someone/something with clout or importance. So I'm sure when it goes live a truly depressing number of wannabe Youtubers, influencers, actors, singers, etc. are gonna jump at the chance to be on the same "level" as actual celebrities. Oh and definitely conspiracy theorists and/or their blogs will love to be on the same level as the New York Times. Now the real test will be after one month when there's an overabundance of verified people, who's gonna care enough to keep it.

It does put every politician in a fun Mexican stand-off where I'm sure they're all waiting on somebody to get un-verified so they can defraud each other.

the motivation to keep it is the 'tweet priority' thing where he wants to put non :8bux: havers at the bottom of the list below all the checkmarks

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
My prediction: Elon's going to see the poo poo response to the $8 a month blue checks and then start a tiered system. Whatever happens, he's bringing a tiered system into it. He's an apartheid baby; it's in his blood.

Wifi Toilet posted:

How much do you think elon paid for his hair? I’m a bald dude who doesn’t use twitter, so I don’t really give a poo poo what he does to it, but he did seem to find a cure for baldness that actually looks pretty good (when he isn’t cutting it into stupid styles, that is.)
FUE hair transplants vary based on how many hairs you need to transfer. Some clinics charge by the hair, some just do by the area (which is where you're going to get the best prices). There are tons of videos about people's hair transplant journeys on YouTube. There are some clinics in South Korea that brings costs down to like $5k USD, rather than some of the earlier insane prices.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Valko posted:

Is that a gold chain necklace I see?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Valko posted:

The thing that gets me, it's such a terrible version of Augustus's hair.

Do a GIS for busts of him

His hair is styled, he has locks! It looks fine.

How does a billionaire not have a competent version of that cut himself?

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Perhaps they had to cut back the curlies because they are already over the polygon limit for what the Metaverse can handle on a Quest 2

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Deptfordx posted:

The thing that gets me, it's such a terrible version of Augustus's hair.

Do a GIS for busts of him

His hair is styled, he has locks! It looks fine.

How does a billionaire not have a competent version of that cut himself?

His wife cuts his his hair.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Chuds are freaking out about Elong’s choice of costume:

https://twitter.com/florida_anon/st...00%2Fframe.html

https://twitter.com/Musketeer4_Life...00%2Fframe.html

https://twitter.com/WtfWolf1/status...00%2Fframe.html

If you’re not sure what his costume is, nobody is really. The actual item is a $7500 set of “Devil’s Champion Leather Armor”.

I’m also gonna say it. $7500 is not enough money for Elon to spend on a Halloween costume. It’d be like me spending 7.5 cents on a costume, or something.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Heidi Klum's worm costume was a lot more creative than just buying a set of armor:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=heid...ATM&sclient=img

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
I tried to find heidi klum and elon in the same photo to contrast the sheer difference in effort, but unfortunately he refused (or wasn't cool enough?) to be in the same place as the giant 90s horror movie worm. Her costume rules btw.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

PITY BONER posted:

My prediction: Elon's going to see the poo poo response to the $8 a month blue checks and then start a tiered system. Whatever happens, he's bringing a tiered system into it. He's an apartheid baby; it's in his blood.

FUE hair transplants vary based on how many hairs you need to transfer. Some clinics charge by the hair, some just do by the area (which is where you're going to get the best prices). There are tons of videos about people's hair transplant journeys on YouTube. There are some clinics in South Korea that brings costs down to like $5k USD, rather than some of the earlier insane prices.

Friend of a friend got one in Turkey and his scalp fell off. It grew back tho.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

god please help me posted:

(or wasn't cool enough?)

It's this

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Klum has been going mad for halloween for years now. Her costume game is extremely strong.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Even for a costume champion, that worm was next level. Unlike Elon’s lazy rear end armor with his undershirt hanging out.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The “pay $8 and get less ads” thing makes me worry about what happens when Elon realizes there’s an API and people that use third party clients see no ads.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

King Carnivore posted:

If you’re not sure what his costume is, nobody is really. The actual item is a $7500 set of “Devil’s Champion Leather Armor”.

I’m also gonna say it. $7500 is not enough money for Elon to spend on a Halloween costume. It’d be like me spending 7.5 cents on a costume, or something.

Musk can get people to buy any old poo poo it seems, even Halloween costumes on November 2nd.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Nothing advertisers love more than a CEO touting a product that will let users see fewer ads.

The best part is that absolutely no one is going to make a Twitter account in 2022 who doesn't already have one. People know what it is and they know if they want it. Nobody was on the fence because there wasn't a paid tier.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They'll see half as many ads as the unverified, who will see three times as many as current.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Massive lol that Steven "and then the kids have an orgy to escape a sewer clown" King made supposed genius Elon Musk cut the price by 60% with a single complaint. What a shitshow.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

SirPhoebos posted:

Massive lol that Steven "and then the kids have an orgy to escape a sewer clown" King made supposed genius Elon Musk cut the price by 60% with a single complaint. What a shitshow.

i think it was part of musk's "genius" plan to introduce a really high price point, and then drop it to 40% to make it really seem like a deal

musk, of course, is a giant idiot

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

greazeball posted:

Nothing advertisers love more than a CEO touting a product that will let users see fewer ads.

The best part is that absolutely no one is going to make a Twitter account in 2022 who doesn't already have one. People know what it is and they know if they want it. Nobody was on the fence because there wasn't a paid tier.
That's a good point really. Are Gen Alpha and co "graduating" from TikTok, Snapchat, etc to Twitter?

I'd wager for the vast majority of people the only value Twitter actually has is that you can publicly shame companies into responding to requests that they can usually just ignore (e.g. emails).

It is pretty lol though that the richest guy in the world thinks that charging the producers of content is the logical thing to do when consumers of it are like 90%+ of users. He's also fucken nuts if he genuinely thinks that Twitter is a town square where people come to freely exchange ideas and rub chins at opposing and unconventional viewpoints. He of all people should know what a polarising cesspit it is.

I also didn't even know Twitter had ads until reading the King vs Musk argument. I don't even think I see them in the app on my iPhone?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Oldsmobile posted:

Friend of a friend got one in Turkey and his scalp fell off. It grew back tho.

Every time I hear or read a story of someone going to Turkey for 'Cheap medical procedure x', it always ends disastrously.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

King Carnivore posted:

He doesn’t pay they give it to him for free for publicity

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
hope you got :8buxx:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/cdcarter13/status/1587786583582949376?s=46&t=FrF0CM5kDI7QfKpsFdheRQ

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm just gonna post on Instagram.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

5 days in and he's already lost Catturd™
https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1587805604818526210

drat homie

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Waffle House posted:

I'm just gonna post on Instagram.

And not milk your followers for more money?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

That Heidi Klum costume starts off weird in thumbnails and then you look at a bigger picture of it and notice the eyes and mouth and it becomes terrifying.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

this is easily the dumbest idea musk has had until his next one

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

latinotwink1997 posted:

Posts to the forum must now originate via Twitter

a true poster does not accept arbitrary character limits

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Is that what onlyfans is?

It sounds like it is.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

spunkshui posted:

Is that what onlyfans is?

It sounds like it is.

Yes, but you don't get to see tits in this case. Just someone's lovely tweet.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The tesla app now requires twitter blue to log in or perform any actions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Sentient Data posted:

The tesla app now requires twitter blue to log in or perform any actions

you wont care