Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

but boy oh boy does Dumoulin look bad.

https://twitter.com/GunnerStaal/status/1587641434873659392?s=20&t=_z0jsbYIskHEqGzXfK8HTA

Yeah this is a problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Goddamn that's a sick snipe.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

He's wrong as well. Dmitry Kulikov leads the league with 21. Dumo is tied with Matt Roy and Zack Werenski for next worse at 19 for all situation goal against. On a per 60 basis Dumo drops in at 18th worst in the league with Ryan Poehling next to him at 17th. When you sort by xGA/60 it improves somewhat but they are both still top 100. The PK is dismal though. Dumo and Poehling are a huge part of that. Also worth mentioning that Jarry went from an excellent start to giving up 16 in his last 3 starts posting an .870 and 2x .850s. Reversing his 2.5 GSAA to 0 in the process.

Something else that was raised is that McGinn hasn't been very good value either. On the PK though Dumo is 18 goals against per 60. Rutta, Poehling, Carter, and McGinn are at 17. Petry, Archibald, and Kapanen have 4. The SV% on the PK isn't even that awful at .840 which is 20th of the 32 teams.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was true at 11pm last night, the Ducks/Sharks game wasn't final yet.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/LeafsNews/status/1587848064185802752?s=20&t=gXEz1gF1fadVKopakPHaQA

lmao “great heights” such as:

Also Rielly-Mete might be the worst Leafs pairing I’ll ever see at actually playing D in their own zone. I bet there’s gonna be a couple really nice-looking offensive zone entries though, so who’s to say if it’s good or bad.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

He's wrong as well. Dmitry Kulikov leads the league with 21. Dumo is tied with Matt Roy and Zack Werenski for next worse at 19 for all situation goal against. On a per 60 basis Dumo drops in at 18th worst in the league with Ryan Poehling next to him at 17th. When you sort by xGA/60 it improves somewhat but they are both still top 100. The PK is dismal though. Dumo and Poehling are a huge part of that. Also worth mentioning that Jarry went from an excellent start to giving up 16 in his last 3 starts posting an .870 and 2x .850s. Reversing his 2.5 GSAA to 0 in the process.

Something else that was raised is that McGinn hasn't been very good value either. On the PK though Dumo is 18 goals against per 60. Rutta, Poehling, Carter, and McGinn are at 17. Petry, Archibald, and Kapanen have 4. The SV% on the PK isn't even that awful at .840 which is 20th of the 32 teams.

I wonder how much of the bad PK is missing Blueger - he’s been a solid part of it.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
https://twitter.com/LeafyTV/status/1587833461620248576

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaeFNeOXNUk

Really nasty hit last night. Stalock was well out of the crease but Cizikas didn't make much of an effort to stop or change direction before the collision. Very much hoping Stalock wasn't concussed, or worse.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Not Important posted:

Really nasty hit last night. Stalock was well out of the crease but Cizikas didn't make much of an effort to stop or change direction before the collision. Very much hoping Stalock wasn't concussed, or worse.

What the hell does he think this is, a high school rugby game?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Not Important posted:

Bet Stalock is super impressed with his team mates response there. Or he will be whenever someone shows him the footage later

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

aejix posted:

Bet Stalock is super impressed with his team mates response there. Or he will be whenever someone shows him the footage later

Less impressed with the league's response I'm sure. Dude just can't catch a break the last 3 years.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/seanshapiro/status/1587892943741800448

is that good

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Only for the rest of the Central division.

I’d have expected them to be better, but they were very focused on being physical and hitting things last year. So not really a surprise.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
are any teams in the NHL good this year?
i feel like every fanbase hates their team atm or is pleasantly surprised but is expecting the bottom to drop out any minute

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

clean ayers act posted:

i feel like every fanbase hates their team atm or is pleasantly surprised but is expecting the bottom to drop out any minute

the bruins are stupid good

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Arivia posted:

Extremely unfortunate and proof that we live in the hell timeline.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Arivia posted:

ah yeah, i forgot about them. now my day is ruined

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Boston and Vegas are steamrolling basically everyone they play. Everyone else seems to be upset or at best "meh" about their team.

Devils/Sabres fans probably happy lately as well, in the sense that they were bad for so long but are starting to look like the team is turning a corner.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Zaroff posted:

I wonder how much of the bad PK is missing Blueger - he’s been a solid part of it.

In order of time on ice per game for last years excellent PK - Dumo, Marino, Blueger, McGinn, Boyle, Ruhwedel, ZAR, Carter, Letang, Friedman, and Rust. Starting at 2:20 a game down to :45 seconds per game. Boyle tops out with 8.2 goals against per 60 with the rest of the above group between 5 and 6.3 GA/60. Blueger, as you point out, was other worldly being on the ice for sub 3 goals against per 60.

For me the PK definitely misses the ZAR/Blueger combo and Marino. The Dumo/Rutta combo has not worked this year. Mostly on the back of Dumo being exceedingly bad thus far.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

clean ayers act posted:

The Oilers rock

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Boston and Vegas are steamrolling basically everyone they play. Everyone else seems to be upset or at best "meh" about their team.

Devils/Sabres fans probably happy lately as well, in the sense that they were bad for so long but are starting to look like the team is turning a corner.

Rangers have had bad puck luck lately but im way above Meh on them. Looking forward to the game against Boston on thursday.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
but not, like, morally speaking.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Islanders have looked a lot less bad than I thought they would, goaltender obliterating incidents aside

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Boston and Vegas are steamrolling basically everyone they play.

I am certainly expecting the bottom to fall out of Vegas soon enough. Lotsa old vets who're nicked up

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
I thought Ottawa was good after 6 games, but now after 10 I think they are very bad.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

clean ayers act posted:

I'm actually fine with how Minnesota has played except for the first three games of the season. They look closer to how they played last year, and they've settled better into their routines and timing. Still some mistakes, but the sky isn't falling and if they keep playing this way they'll do well this year.

Seattle is playing... so-so. There are some big holes, but Beniers is playing well, and the PP is producing. They still can't cycle the puck and are relying on scoring a lot on the break and turnovers. Soucy and Borgen are playing well together. The first line is okay defensively, but I still think Wennberg/Bjorkstrand aren't first line players. Wennberg plays well as a center and passer, but wins only 40% of the faceoffs. I'd expect he'd be 2nd/3rd line in a lot of other teams. I'm having trouble breaking apart the individual contribution for the line contribution. The reason I'm down on Bjorkstrand is the oiSh%/oiGF as it's much lower than the rest of the top 6. It's even worse on the PP which is something when the PP has been decent this season so far. And lower than the other top line wingers I tried to compare getting paid about the same. I think longer term this season the problems will be obvious, but with the Pacific being mostly trash, they might be good enough to make the playoffs (and lose in the first round to Calgary/VGK/COL/MN). It's also why I really expected better development for Wright. If he's really got the talent to be a top center, he needs to be on the ice playing.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

clean ayers act posted:

The Habs are fun, and coaching/management is focusing on player development for once instead of trying to limp into the playoffs. I'm pleased, overall.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

Rangers have had bad puck luck lately but im way above Meh on them. Looking forward to the game against Boston on thursday.

yeah, if we can keep being a top 10 xGF and xGA team and create some space for the deadline and the kids keep progressing, I'll feel good about our chances in the playoffs. I think it's gonna be a dogfight to get out of the east. I'm guessing we'll have to play 2 of Pit/Car/NJ, then Tampa or Boston. If we do that, I honestly like our chances against Colorado/Vegas/Calgary.

Just going to be hard with more pressure on us and having to face 2 teams we beat in close series last year or the Devils lol. Everyone's gonna get their pound of flesh.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I think the Stars are solid.. I'm cautiously optimistic they can compete for / win their division. Combination of Colorado being very suspect depth wise and Minnesota looking much weaker than expected (outside of Matt Boldy that is) to start the season.

They are still a 1 line team that relies almost solely on Miro Heiskanen's brilliance with the puck to get things started, but the special teams are performing much better than they were last year and the team has really reacted well to the change in strategy and a more loose / attacking approach to the game. Night and day difference in energy levels being displayed out on the ice.

I mean if you put the team in the East I'm not sure where they would end up, but my expectations in September were a team that at best would limp its way to a wildcard spot and now I'm thinking they are clear contenders to come out of the west.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/lukefoxjukebox/status/1587915774727184385

drat Tortsy.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
A month ago I thought Boston would be playing like .550 hockey and fighting for the playoffs this year, and now I think they can win the Cup. I know most fans hate them but I think t would be fun to see Bergeron get another cup (and a 6th Selke) before he retires for good. Plus, c'mon, the last win was 12 years ago it's not like they won that recently.

I am also glad to be wrong about Montgomery. I wasn't sure he could get the team to perform as well as Bruce did. I liked Cassidy and in a vacuum I don't think he deserved to be fired, but he definitely rubbed some key players the wrong way and by the end you could tell they didn't buy into his system anymore. Montgomery has this team playing extremely well. Last night is a perfect example. By the end of Cassidy's tenure you knew the Bruins weren't going to come back from a multi-goal deficit like that, they just wouldn't. There was a weird vibe around it where you could tell they were deflated. Overall they were still a pretty great team, but there was some kinda X factor I guess that Cassidy lost that Montgomery has been able to coax back out of the roster.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I've grown a soft spot for Bergeron. I think there's something to be said about being such a great player that you force people to respect you.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yea what I usually hear/see is "I hate the Bruins...Bergeron is ok though." Pastrnak is sometimes mentioned as well.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah if I was a competing coach I'd want to keep Keefe around too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

I think the Stars are solid.. I'm cautiously optimistic they can compete for / win their division. Combination of Colorado being very suspect depth wise and Minnesota looking much weaker than expected (outside of Matt Boldy that is) to start the season.

They are still a 1 line team that relies almost solely on Miro Heiskanen's brilliance with the puck to get things started, but the special teams are performing much better than they were last year and the team has really reacted well to the change in strategy and a more loose / attacking approach to the game. Night and day difference in energy levels being displayed out on the ice.

I mean if you put the team in the East I'm not sure where they would end up, but my expectations in September were a team that at best would limp its way to a wildcard spot and now I'm thinking they are clear contenders to come out of the west.

Benn looks like he can be productive sometimes

That's huge

Captain Geech
Mar 14, 2008

I've made a huge mistake.

ThinkTank posted:

They signed JT Miller to a 7 year extension exactly two months ago to the day

Yeah, we're hosed until Aquilini sells the team.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/nhlhistorygirl/status/1587975570343731200?s=46&t=5Y1HwMAcsmDCsbYmthM2YA

This is one of the best stories Jen has ever posted lmao

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

looks even better than i expected :cloudnine:

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1587968517084618752

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Boy are the Pens ever depressing to watch this year

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/1587984492970508290

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

6 straight. Lets go for 7 :toot: blown leads and shoddy play all the way around. Whatever they're trying to do system wise isn't working. Dumo with 3 more all situation goals against. The PK was scored on again. The 4th line played 5 minutes 5v5. Top pairing of Letang/Dumo were scored on 2 times 5v5 and caved in corsi/shots/xG wise. Something needs to be done with the Dumoulin situation. A nice farm upstate. Petry also continues to impress in not a good way.