Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I think it’s legit cool that this game doubles down on hearthstone’s rng bullshit but makes it work by having the matches be super short. Snap does some super flavorful poo poo that straight up wouldn’t fly in any other card game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loddfafnir
Mar 27, 2021

DrManiac posted:

I think it’s legit cool that this game doubles down on hearthstone’s rng bullshit but makes it work by having the matches be super short. Snap does some super flavorful poo poo that straight up wouldn’t fly in any other card game.

Yeah, it's really a nice balance

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Quackles posted:

I can confirm that the nighttime pool absolutely is easier. I think more dedicated people play during the day.

CapnAndy posted:

It absolutely is. I've had runs of straight-up bots at night.

Thank you for the confirmation. This is probably a good thing in the long run, I fell into a time vortex playing this yesterday and spent almost my entire workday hitting the Next Game button.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The “wow how did they get the username Wolverine” to “oh they are bad because they are a bot” pipeline

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The “wow how did they get the username Wolverine” to “oh they are bad because they are a bot” pipeline

End of the Pipeline: Is it possible for me to play around the bot having perfect knowledge of my moves before they reveal

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Infinitum posted:

Used Machine World to play Dr Strange and shift Vulture over to give him his bonus.

Opponent plays Dr Strange on his finally hand not realising what it does and completely tanks his chances.

Absolute.
loving.
Bliss.

You're lucky your opponent didn't play the Vulture. Last time I did what you did Machine World copied my Vulture with the movement bonus into my opponent's hand

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

DrManiac posted:

Not only that, if RNG really screws you you've always got the 1-cube retreat as an option. Being able to back out of a match for minimal penalty really helps undercut the pain of losing your 5-drop to Danger Zone or whatever.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

quote is not edit

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Scrap Dragon posted:

You're lucky your opponent didn't play the Vulture. Last time I did what you did Machine World copied my Vulture with the movement bonus into my opponent's hand

His opponent didn't have Vulture, unless Vulture was played directly to Machineworld.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

First location reveal = "the game ends after four turns"
Third location reveal = "you can't place cards here after turn 4"

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I just got played so hard with this Mindscape hand swap that I can't even be mad about it lol. And I gave him a Shang-Chi!

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Jedit posted:

His opponent didn't have Vulture, unless Vulture was played directly to Machineworld.

Didn't stop it from happening to me

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Machineworld so annoying. It makes dino better. It is funny filling up dino player hands with sentinel. Though if you're playing sentinel you are also playing dino.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
This game is fun as hell. I'm a bit into Pool 3 but don't have enough key cards there yet to really branch out my decks so I'm still Devil Dinoing, but I'm having a ton of fun doing so.

I really want Death and Hood so I can make that Deathwave deck.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Just got Carnage so I'm trying out Destroy in Pool 1, having fun. On Negative Zone (cards have -3 power), I was planning a Carnage drop. Nova, Mr Sinister, Squirrel Girl... I can't add and I just filled a zone with -5 power.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

DrManiac posted:

One of the reasons I really like this game is the RNG in Snap feels a lot more like something to respond and react to, and that you can try to anticipate and play into or around. Even if it completely screws you, there's the retreat option, so it always feels like you can do something even if its cut your losses.

That plus each game being a minute or two long (which is like the amount of time the average Magic Arena player takes deciding which land to drop on turn one) is really refreshing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Scrap Dragon posted:

Didn't stop it from happening to me

Yes it did. Unless something like Juggernaut or Polaris threw Vulture into Machineworld before he revealed, your opponent did not get a copy of it.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Killmonger is my literal last pool 2 card gently caress off game

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Jedit posted:

Yes it did. Unless something like Juggernaut or Polaris threw Vulture into Machineworld before he revealed, your opponent did not get a copy of it.

No Juggernaut or Polaris, my opponent got a copy of my Vulture in their hand with the move bonus already applied. It's alright dude, game is a little buggy

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DrManiac posted:

It's a Ben Brode formula. The game is just good enough and strategic enough to keep your interest but so chocked full of RNG bullshit that it makes you market the game by complaining about it to your friends.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Aren't usernames not unique anyway?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Just realized you can send your opponents emotes and stuff, a guy was pointing at the cube trying to get me to snap but I was like no way jose :haw: (I lost bad)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Make sure to spam Spiderman Pointing after you turn the tables on someone who thought they won an easy 8 cubes

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Make sure to spam Spiderman Pointing after you turn the tables on someone who thought they won an easy 8 cubes

No. Spider-Man pointing is only for someone playing the same card at the same location on the same turn as you.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

SlothBear posted:

No. Spider-Man pointing is only for someone playing the same card at the same location on the same turn as you.

Yes, it's so ideal when Elektra gets Elektra'd on turn 1. I also use it when someone is using the same variant Hawkeye avatar as me.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I like to drop Thanos snapping after one-upping the opponent in some way.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SlothBear posted:

:hmmyes:

And Deadpool is for when their killmonger wipes you out

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I've fist bumped after a few matches of willingly bullshitting machine world on both sides. 4 rocks on either side

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

Yes, it's so ideal when Elektra gets Elektra'd on turn 1

if you're playing elektra on turn 1 you're loving up

elektra's for removing a since-buffed 1 cost card in rounds 4-5

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I used the thumbs up today after playing a zero cost Galactus on the location that destroys anything played there. The match ended in a tie. Good times

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Seeing Central Park pop up with a movement deck is agony.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is the $10 battle pass worth it?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

obi_ant posted:

Is the $10 battle pass worth it?

It's the only thing that is, apart from the Welcome Bundle. It gets you the monthly card and a variant for it, variants for two other cards you might not yet own - this is the only way to get a variant for a card you don't have the base version of, BTW - another variant for a card you do own, and about $20 worth of gold and credits. Rewards go off a cliff after level 50 though, and there's tons of time to earn that, so don't buy the 10-level skip.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fate Accomplice posted:

if you're playing elektra on turn 1 you're loving up

elektra's for removing a since-buffed 1 cost card in rounds 4-5

I'd say it was a solid play for a deck with no combos, with the perfect energy curve in hand for the following turns (no 2 drop yet, but it ran Domino). Something I threw together to play a bunch of card I had just unlocked from pool 1. It also ran Deathlok, Namor, Klaw, America Chavez.

The first location also was Muir Island, so it wouldn't have stayed a 1 power card. The real big mistake comes from not noticing the glowing nameplate indicating that my card would be revealed first and whiff. That was what made it a garbage play :v:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 3, 2022

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

This game got rather boring after turn 3 when X-Mansion gave the both of us a random card.

Shout-out to my opponent tho, I snapped on turn 5 and they still let the game play out for those 4 cubes.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Scrap Dragon posted:

No Juggernaut or Polaris, my opponent got a copy of my Vulture in their hand with the move bonus already applied. It's alright dude, game is a little buggy

Did you play an Iron Fist first, play Vulture onto Machine World, and then Vulture moved and your opponent got a buffed copy? If so, that's consistent with other effects. All of the "on reveal" stuff resolve and then the location effects happen.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

goferchan posted:

Did you play an Iron Fist first, play Vulture onto Machine World, and then Vulture moved and your opponent got a buffed copy? If so, that's consistent with other effects. All of the "on reveal" stuff resolve and then the location effects happen.

Not quite. But the important part is that Machineworld doesn't care that Vulture moved, only that he was revealed there. And as with other copy effects like Cloning Vats, the copy you get back will be in its final state (in this case, buffed).

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure that if your opponent has a pending Iron Fist trigger and plays Vulture, the copy you put into play will appear at the location where Vulture was played, but with the buff for moving.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Having fun with destroy in pool one, but how am I supposed to be using Carnage? Make him big, or is okay to be burning him on 1 or 2 cards? I get that the dream is to have him eat, say, Nova, Wolverine, and a Squirrel, but if I bust him out on just a Nova/Wolvie did I waste him? Seems like it's still free bonus stats for 2 energy.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Jedit posted:

It favours grey and green cards, but otherwise yes. You don't have to have played the card for it to get boosters either. The only exception is that if Agatha Harkness is in your starting deck, she will always take the boosters - and give you a message about how she deserves them, because it's not like you're the one playing the game.

Ah thanks, that explains some things having over a hundred boosters stored up at the moment.

Also good laugh at the Harkness accumulating boosters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Having fun with destroy in pool one, but how am I supposed to be using Carnage? Make him big, or is okay to be burning him on 1 or 2 cards? I get that the dream is to have him eat, say, Nova, Wolverine, and a Squirrel, but if I bust him out on just a Nova/Wolvie did I waste him? Seems like it's still free bonus stats for 2 energy.

Nova wolvie is fine, its more a question of when you do it - doing this too early isn't great because you have no board to buff, so the latest you can play carnage without wasting energy is usually key.

In counterplay to this deck, destroying the opponents nova before they can develop their board is usually good, so you its a good idea to only play nova when you are ready to destroy him - else you'll get mad at an opponents killmonger/electra.