Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

hatty posted:

I had covid two months ago and I get extremely tired after biking in the park now, something I used to do nearly every day pre covids. would love to know when I'm supposed to get my old energy level back

I got COVID over the summer while I was training for a marathon and it really killed my plans to race. I recovered in a week but it took months to get my speed back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I guess I’m pretty lucky that I got it after feeling like poo poo physically/emotionally for months due to a new job/lockdowns so I can’t tell if I just have less stamina or energy than before!

God humanity sucks. loving mind blowing that that poo poo was basically shrugged off instead of nipped in the bud.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I got too stoned last night and ended up buying a pdf of 200 issues of Dungeon magazine and 400 issues of Dragon magazine. Oops but also heck yes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That really Dungeons my Dragons

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That really dungeons half my dragons

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I got too stoned last night and ended up buying a pdf of 200 issues of Dungeon magazine and 400 issues of Dragon magazine. Oops but also heck yes.

You could definitely find all that online for free

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sam has twice as many Dragon magazines as Dungeon magazines, and he has three times as many Diablo magazines as Dragon magazines. How many magazines does Sam have overall, if he has 200 Dungeon magazines?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Not enough to know how to defeat the Elder Lich

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what kind of publications put out that many magazines

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i've never had covid, but 2 nights ago i did get food poisoning(?) again and puked all my guts out

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
People seem to like the new god of war but I saw a clip and it was a standard AAA Sony section where you and an NPC are jogging through a pretty looking corridor while quipping at each other and I lost a bit of interest

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

People seem to like the new god of war but I saw a clip and it was a standard AAA Sony section where you and an NPC are jogging through a pretty looking corridor while quipping at each other and I lost a bit of interest

AAA gaming....... the A stands for rear end!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it will be middling with expensive graphics/VO so naturally it's goty

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hatty posted:

Reviews says it’s basically the same as the 2018 game only with more scale and variety

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I got hooked up with a free month of PC Game Pass so now I will be able to experience the incredible value as it only continues to grow.

Read: I'm probably gonna play Psychonauts 2

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 3, 2022

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Feels Villeneuve posted:

AAA gaming....... the A stands for rear end!

rear end stands for Auto Shooter Survival, or vampsurvlike

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Rarity posted:

You could definitely find all that online for free

I know but I would rather pay $10 and have someone else do the work of compiling it all for me. If you google Dungeon magazine one of the first results is a link to an archive page with like 150 issues in pdf form but I ain't clicking on 150 links to download them individually.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Feels Villeneuve posted:

what kind of publications put out that many magazines

Dragon started in 1975 and Dungeon in 1986 and they both went until 2013.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

I got hooked up with a free month of PC Game Pass so now I will be able to experience the incredible value as it only continues to grow.

Read: I'm probably gonna play Psychonauts 2

My current Gamepass jam is Signalis. After that I'll probably get back to Citizen Sleeper and then Frog Detective 3, then maybe NORCO.

Oh yeah Pentiment will slot in there too

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Today I started watching Spy x Family and it is extremely good. I haven't watched an anime in years and years, but I am really enjoying this.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Watch Mob Psycho, it’s really good this season

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Not subscribing to Gamepass until they give me 3 months for a dollar again

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Watch Mob Psycho, it’s really good this season

Will add it to my list!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think I've quite felt the loss of the CRT as hard as no in playing through the second Silent Hill. From the fog, the lighting, the general jagginess. It feels like I'm playing the Video Game equivalent of that Jesus fresco that got destroyed by that old woman.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1588232242500841472?t=f46loaHYGp6l6EQs21MvCA&s=19

Time to become Santa Claus

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Today I started watching Spy x Family and it is extremely good. I haven't watched an anime in years and years, but I am really enjoying this.

yes...yes!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't think I've quite felt the loss of the CRT as hard as no in playing through the second Silent Hill. From the fog, the lighting, the general jagginess. It feels like I'm playing the Video Game equivalent of that Jesus fresco that got destroyed by that old woman.

It's not perfect but if you're emulating the scanline filter is a good simulation. Makes a world of difference for me

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

A Sometimes Food posted:

Ghost Song a game that was kickstarted in 2013 is releasing in 7 hours. Not sure if that's a record but lmao.

The demo from last year was pretty good too.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/347800/Ghost_Song/

I bought this on switch based on the impressions video Splattercat did the other day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frnQd8D_XCk
and Im really enjoying it so far. I'm only very early in the game but have noticed lots of nice small touches and secret areas and I really like the gun overheat/melee mechanic

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Been thinking about how much fun just exploring in Breath of the Wild is and I wish there was a whole game like that. No combat or even a story, just gathering resources and cooking food and shooting deer in the woods. Does something like that exist for a Nintendo console or the Vita?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Minecraft?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Elden ring?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Star Wars Galaxy emulator

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No Man’s Sky (except instead of shooting deer with a bow you’re shouting space deer with a laser)

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Walla posted:

Been thinking about how much fun just exploring in Breath of the Wild is and I wish there was a whole game like that. No combat or even a story, just gathering resources and cooking food and shooting deer in the woods. Does something like that exist for a Nintendo console or the Vita?

Subsistence Hunter 2022

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000
Scorn checkpointed me with 1 health in front of a boss fight and my choices were: beat the boss without taking a hit (while it shoots grenades at me that have the magic explosion dust that hurts you if you step near the smoke before it's completely disappeared), go 45 minutes back to the start of the act, or uninstall the video game

might be a bad video game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Odd Wilson posted:

Subsistence Hunter 2022

No that's coming out next year and it's called just living in the UK

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This is technically correct. Unfortunately. Ew.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

minecraft ftw. the cave update is insanely good for exploring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lord Bob posted:

Scorn checkpointed me with 1 health in front of a boss fight and my choices were: beat the boss without taking a hit (while it shoots grenades at me that have the magic explosion dust that hurts you if you step near the smoke before it's completely disappeared), go 45 minutes back to the start of the act, or uninstall the video game

might be a bad video game

scorn is a visually scrumptious feast that tastes of sawdust as soon as you bite into it

there's the promise of an extremely good game that never quite manifests, and it's all the sadder for it. hard to say if it's a consequence of mismanagement or - and i'm more in this camp - they were never able to attract investors due to its, uh, unique presentation, and thus had to frankenstein together what they'd managed to work on into a saleable product