Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

goth smoking cloves posted:

YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID TO IGNORE THE HARMONIOUS CYCLE OF SIMULTANEOUS FOUR BEAR SYMETRY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

a.lo posted:

where r my friday teamies @?

Group leader!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

a.lo posted:

sorry I have been laid off by the new owner

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

goth smoking cloves posted:

Haven't they been saying this all year?

They usually hide it behind euphemisms about price pressure and getting consumer costs down.

Now they're just interviewing Fed officials who openly say that workers are getting paid too much and they're going to beat the workers around with policy until they're not. They had a fed guy (forgot which one) complaining that workers are job hopping too much now and putting too much upward pressure on wages and how that needs to end.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

One notable phrase was "we want a job market that's just robust enough to absorb young people entering the market," take that one to it's logical end.

Enrique Meridian
Mar 29, 2010

my absolute favorite part of this vid is the dude in khaki shorts wandering around in the bg like he can’t find the bathroom

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1588501324324376580?s=46&t=4mvRbMTSkn81UirzEN8r7g
get ready

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
https://twitter.com/uespiiiiii/status/1588506234004844544

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/RobTornoe/status/1588360004364443648 lol

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They usually hide it behind euphemisms about price pressure and getting consumer costs down.

Now they're just interviewing Fed officials who openly say that workers are getting paid too much and they're going to beat the workers around with policy until they're not. They had a fed guy (forgot which one) complaining that workers are job hopping too much now and putting too much upward pressure on wages and how that needs to end.

Bring back indentured servitude!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Wages up,
Investments down!
That's how we
Love to clown

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

boroda posted:

Can I vote here

:five::five::five:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

pretty kitty

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

ahahahahaha

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

did Elong fire everybody yet

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Bearjew posted:

did Elong fire everybody yet

you are fired unless you make Very Good Posts itt

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

19 o'clock posted:

you are fired unless you make Very Good Posts itt

Im suing

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

watch kurosawa's the hidden fortress

and then watch the rest of kurosawa's films

he's so good

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Follow ur dreams

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
wearing a new sweater today. it’s pretty nice

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Red Baron posted:

reminds me of these

Theyre dope goglassesles

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

peak Pennsylvania man

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

it needs to go to arbitration first

somethingawful is an LLC and certified Charitable Non-Profit incorporated in the Dominican Republic and you will receive instructions on where to report for mediation on your alleged complaints.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
good morning teamies, go gently caress yourlself

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Mayor Dave posted:

I don't feel like posting

same. dunno whats up with that

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Gf set her alarm real early to go watch a former classmates defense in another part of the country and I was like ugh I don't wanna be woken up early but it turns out it didn't matter because I've had a stomach ache all night from these loving burgers and I didnt really sleep anyway

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I wanted to stay in bed all day but instead pulled myself to work.

Someone in the biosphere collapse thread said that the day society's collapse will kill me I'll still have to clock into work and I'm so loving pissed about that. I feel scammed out of even a relatively cool death

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Woke up with a cough that finally went away when I had my first smoke. Thai strain. Got to lay off this smoking.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Spaced God posted:

Someone in the biosphere collapse thread said that the day society's collapse will kill me I'll still have to clock into work and I'm so loving pissed about that. I feel scammed out of even a relatively cool death

If it's any consolation, there probably won't be a big event when society collapses but rather a succession of horrors growing in scale and terror until society is unidentifiable to you from today's perspective

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

a.lo posted:

gently caress u

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Hatebag posted:

If it's any consolation, there probably won't be a big event when society collapses but rather a succession of horrors growing in scale and terror until society is unidentifiable to you from today's perspective

Well yeah I want to loving die spectacularly in a big event to. Make all this suffering and poo poo worth it by at least having me get merked in a cool way

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Goobies

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Spaced God posted:

this is why when I log in I do the absolute bare minimum and somehow still crush it, proving that working hard is for dipshits

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

titty_baby_ posted:

Gf set her alarm real early to go watch a former classmates defense in another part of the country and I was like ugh I don't wanna be woken up early but it turns out it didn't matter because I've had a stomach ache all night from these loving burgers and I didnt really sleep anyway

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Spaced God posted:

This is a good measure for whether a job is worth doing. You're going to be doing it until the world ends. Is this how you want to go out?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I'm glad my works pretty chill so I don't think I'd be expected to come in in the event of collapse but im also technically part of the local ICS so I might be mobilized way before that

I partially picked where I live in case things poo poo the bed...Lotta natural resources, rain, and agriculture here, and we're already isolated

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Hatebag posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Hatebag posted:

Think of it as sorta like Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End" except all the children that start doing their mindless dance are all wearing MAGA hats and BTW they're also going to be cannibals.