Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

:pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

they encoded the employee IDs in the whitespace

crime weed fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 4, 2022

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Steadiman posted:

just lol that yelling at the users for not wanting his product didn't work so now he's going to start yelling at the advertisers for not wanting his product. And this is somehow supposed to convince all of them to change their minds and start loving his product. You're doing great Elon!

edit: double lol
https://twitter.com/WUTangKids/status/1588573827474198528

When posting conspiracy theories about an octogenarian that almost got murdered doesn't bring the money in, surely being a pouty child will.

But let's just cut to the chase, the dude's mentally about 14:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1588391903636357122

Sorry if anyone here doesn't like to hear this, but small talk is fine. It's conversational footsie. You'll survive talking about traffic or the weather with your awkward coworker and, hell, y'all might even find out, I dunno, that you share a hobby or drive the same car, or whateverthefuck. Only literal teenagers insist that they won't use their vocal chords unless it's for something "deep and important".

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

crime weed posted:

Isn't this useless if they print to PDF as image then? Or screenshot the email?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

crime weed posted:

Everyone on the internet can identify one or two spaces after sentences at sight. Its one of our most common arguments. You may as well put something in comic sans and expect nobody to notice.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Ah yes small talk is bad, the subject of my 11th grade SAT essay

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

pixaal posted:

Isn't this useless if they print to PDF as image then? Or screenshot the email?

Maybe not since you might be able to visually tell if there's 1 or 2 spaces between each sentence if you look closely. But who cares. What are they going to do, fire them? 50/50 chance they already have

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1588486294153592834

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

crime weed posted:

Wow I'm sure they're super scared of being fired, Elon!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The world is chaos

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
someone keeps suspending elon's twitter

edit: or maybe i've just been fooled by twitter's font into thinking that upper-case I is a lowercase l

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Hi its me elon retweeting election deniers and then getting mad that advertisers pull out of my platform.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

it's not easy being the world's wealthiest man

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
lmao

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sitting in my antifa command center, hitting the speed dial to five different countries leaders, letting them know its time to go after magapatriot1488's twitter account. the space cannon begins charging

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I got autobanned on tweeter for saying honky.

Haha.

edit: I was making a goose joke.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I got autobanned on tweeter for saying honky.

Haha.

edit: I was making a goose joke.

Honky is the funniest racial slur

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

This is just elon’s revenge at being forced to buy Twitter. He didn’t even need that $44b. Just dismantling those that spited him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Robo Reagan posted:

sitting in my antifa command center, hitting the speed dial to five different countries leaders, letting them know its time to go after magapatriot1488's twitter account. the space cannon begins charging

How is catturd doing, the world wants to know

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

latinotwink1997 posted:

This is just elon’s revenge at being forced to buy Twitter. He didn’t even need that $44b. Just dismantling those that spited him.

I'm pretty sure that 44b he put up is a load bearing 44b. He's gonna have to start liquidating stock, which could lead to Interesting Things happening to his massively overvalued portfolio

Or he could somehow weasel his way out of it, it'll be interesting to watch either way

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

Honky is the funniest racial slur

It is up there for sure.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
He’ll be on Joe Rogan soon, wailing about Twitter being cancelled by the woke mob

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Concerned Citizen posted:

someone keeps suspending elon's twitter

edit: or maybe i've just been fooled by twitter's font into thinking that upper-case I is a lowercase l

Ironically a great example of why verification can be really useful

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Wow I'm sure they're super scared of being fired, Elon!
its so he can skimp out on severance mostly

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Zugzwang posted:

He’ll be on Joe Rogan soon, wailing about Twitter being cancelled by the woke mob

the woke mob refers to members as "friends of ours"

because they're inclusive and welcoming

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

:lmao: The man who thinks he is saving free speech literally wants to outlaw certain topics.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lol, tears of a chud.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I'm still kind of processing.

It's kind of hard for me to articulate.

Twitter was this perfect public face for commercial advertising, engagement for consumers.

I mean I hate it but I can see it's value for commercial interests. We had people just having conversations with brands like a Philip k Dick short story.

Twitter was huge, I know TikTok is big but Twitter was like the base interface between like everything.

Like the president of the United States uses it. The loving UN uses it.

And it just got destroyed (and was ALLOWED to be destroyed) by some pissbaby meatface because he didn't like mean tweets

I mean my uneducated mush brain can't think of something like this happening before but maybe like the Hearst era this kinda poo poo was going on.

But all I can think is like the president is about to get on air force one and I'm 9 years old and my older brother stole my fries so I go throw a tantrum in the cockpit fly the plane into the empire state building and nowhere along the way am I stopped

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Isn’t activism free speech ???

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

euphronius posted:

Not if you are mean to chuds. Then you are just antifa and hate free speech.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

No, only corporations bribing politicians is free speech

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Crazypoops posted:

And it just got destroyed (and was ALLOWED to be destroyed) by some pissbaby meatface because he didn't like mean tweets

I thought all his "free speech" complaining was him wanting to use slurs and not get banned on twitter, and it wasn't about being upset that people were mean to him?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Also this times article may have had the shortest possible period before it aged terribly.

Elon Musk Takes a Page Out of Mark Zuckerberg’s Social Media Playbook

posted November 2nd

loving hell even the NYT running cover for him and he hosed up THIS badly

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Chainclaw posted:

I thought all his "free speech" complaining was him wanting to use slurs and not get banned on twitter, and it wasn't about being upset that people were mean to him?

He doesn't care about anything he just wants love and attention and he thought that was an avenue

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Crazypoops posted:

Hey don't forget the part where he needed social validation from "free speech activists" who totally just want an equal voice and totally don't just consider it censorship when people are allowed to disagree with them and/or stop associating with them.

Oh and this is the same crew that cries "virtue signaling" if you so much as shitpost in a way they don't like in the bowels of a reply section and get one (1) like for it, but spending $44b on a website, claiming you saved free speech, and actually not measurably changing anything but the rate of slurs posted is totally not virtue signaling in any capacity. But we don't even need to get into that.

euphronius posted:

Yes.

But it's way loving past time we stopped pretending the right means literally anything besides "hurt/kill/silence everyone that disagrees with us" when they proclaim to be staunchly concerned with free speech. They aren't. To them, free speech is when they get to call you slurs, and you get shot in the loving head if you object to it. Just look at their template for freedom of religion; you get to pick your flavor of Christianity, or they get to murder you.

I feel halfway like I'm being hyperbolic about the murder part... and then I ask myself if that's not accurate and I've just been gaslit for so long that I can't tell anymore. poo poo's hosed.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

euphronius posted:

Elon Musk is the epitome of free speech, therefore we cannot make fun of him for being a dumbass.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

So Musk has had control of twitter for... 8 days?

I would never in a million years have thought anyone could do so much damage to a company in so little time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Twitter board would not let him on the board without a background check which musk refused to do. There was probably a drug test too

So to spite the board he agreed to buy Twitter and destroy it . That’s what he’s doing